My First Tournament with the Nexy Spartacus

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Hi everyone! I've been inactive for a while, but I just played my fiirst tournament with my new setup:
Blade: Nexy Spartacus
FH: Evolution FX-P
BH: Nexy Elpis

I played under 2000 and 1540. Although I did not advance past the round robin in the 2000s, I won the 1750s! Here are my thoughts on the setup:

- If you setup for your shot correctly, there is no way you are going to miss. The setup is consistent, so there won't be many unforced errors.
- On the backhand close to the table (it has a slower Chinese style rubber) you need to generate your own speed looping against underspin. For me, at least, this is not a problem. I have been working on my backhand loop for a while now, and I feel like this will really make me learn the stroke, and allow me to make it really powerful.
- Counterlooping, fishing, lobbing, anything away from the table is simply AMAZING. I switched from the Viscaria to this, and this is, if anything, better. The throw is higher, the speed is better while there is MUCH more control, and there is perfect placement.

I'm really happy about the switch so far/ Thanks so much!!!

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Remember everyone, this is the BEAST version of Sparticas I made heavier, more balanced to make the whipping action more efficient and solid.

Still, it takes a bad-azz motor scooter to win an event at Westchester, SO MANY players in each division are ready to move up a level it is always competitive.

Abe is describing the "Dual Impact" effect many blades of Nexy Lineup have, some are more than others, but all of them have a top gear on extra fast/solid imapact that is rewarded with excellent pace/spin.

Now we need the "Grinch who TRIED to steal Sparticas" to chime in.

I selected the Sparticus for Abe, because it is very controllable, had great feel before the mod, and has room to evolve a flexible offensive attacking game. The power shot doesn't happen if the shot that sets it up misses.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Darn, I knew I should have fought harder. I never should have let AGold get that blade from me.

Now he's learning the value of a controlled offensive setup and I'll never catch up to him.

How do you like the Evolution FX-P? What does it play like in comparison to the Tenergy you used to have on BH and the H3 you used to have on FH?

That blade did feel pretty nice to me. Glad you got it set up with rubbers that work for your game development.

Winning U-1750 is pretty darn good. Your level is going up.

I asked Ludovich and he said he sees you sometimes at Wang Chen's still and that your skills are going up. [emoji2]

Now I just have to figure out how to get that setup away from you to use it myself. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Der_Echte and agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Darn, I knew I should have fought harder. I never should have let AGold get that blade from me.

Now he's learning the value of a controlled offensive setup and I'll never catch up to him.

How do you like the Evolution FX-P? What does it play like in comparison to the Tenergy you used to have on BH and the H3 you used to have on FH?

That blade did feel pretty nice to me. Glad you got it set up with rubbers that work for your game development.

Winning U-1750 is pretty darn good. Your level is going up.

I asked Ludovich and he said he sees you sometimes at Wang Chen's still and that your skills are going up. [emoji2]

Now I just have to figure out how to get that setup away from you to use it myself. Hahaha

Haha thanks :). I really like the FX-P on the forehand. I don't know how much of it is te blade, but it seems easier than the Hurricane. I haven't really tried it on backhand.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Haha thanks :). I really like the FX-P on the forehand. I don't know how much of it is te blade, but it seems easier than the Hurricane. I haven't really tried it on backhand.

Yep. That should be a rubber that is much easier to use and to develop the mechanics, especially the forearm snap of the forehand.

The blade did feel like it had pretty good control too.

Keep training or the Grinch may try to steal your setup again.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Don't try it Carl, the COOKIE MONSTER is from NYC and watching the kid's back. ( I almost ironed on the meme to his backside of Contrast Uniform shirt)

Are you sure that cookie is worth it?

(one more time for those who never saw the meme...)

cookie 11.jpg

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here are the photos I was looking for.

attachment.php

attachment.php

It'll take more than the Cookie Monster to keep me from getting my hands back on that Sparticus. You may need to bring in LL Beary with his awesome forehand technique.

Sent from my iSpyPhone using GrinchTalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, for real, I am having a great time with my Nexy Peter Pan blade. It has really good feeling with the Limba top ply and the "burned" wood (heat treated) inner plies. Good dwell time, crisp feeling. Not slow but not too fast so everything seems to go right to my target.

It is really great that Abe has a setup now that is helping his level go up. For most players a little more control is really valuable.

Congratulations, Abe, on taking no prisoners, collecting some scalps, and winning the U-1750 at Westchester.

No mercy rules are in effect.

Sent from my SpartacusPhone using NexyTalk

Last edited: