Back to Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

Voters
776. This poll is closed
  • Ma Long

357 46.01%
  • Xu Xin

70 9.02%
  • Zhang Jike

207 26.68%
  • Fan Zhendong

57 7.35%
  • Jun Mizutani

7 0.90%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

14 1.80%
  • Timo Boll

34 4.38%
  • Marcos Freitas

9 1.16%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

11 1.42%
  • Other (Post Below)

10 1.29%
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 6,429 4,041
    says TableTennisDaily 2,0 is live!

Administrator 4,041 6,429

User Info Menu

Oct 2010
    England
    Read 0 Reviews

World Table Tennis Championships 2015

Official TTD Discussion: QOROS 2015 World Table Tennis Championships, 26 Apr 2015 - 03 May 2015, Suzhou, China

Total number of team entries is: ...

We are now in the lead up to the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships! It's now time for all the best players in the world to come together and make an impact on the global scene. The forthcoming QOROS World Championships will be staged in China from Sunday 26th April to Sunday 3rd May 2015.

Click for our Media Library which contains all the matches from the WTTTC 2015!

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2015 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Wow! What a year 2015 has been so far with the recent German Open, Asian Cup and various World Tour events. The next major tournament in store for the table tennis World is the World Table Tennis Championships! China's reigning World and Olympic Champion Zhang Jike has qualified in the singles event alongside his fellow compatriots including Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Fan Zhendong and Fang Bo.

Group Stages

Men's Singles Groups
    Women's Singles Groups
    Men's Doubles Pre Rounds
    Women's Doubles Pre Rounds
    Mixed Doubles Pre Rounds

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed.

Ma Long the no.1 seed, photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

Reigning World Champion Zhang Jike enters the tournament as the #3 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Ma Long
    02) Xu Xin
    03) Zhang Jike
    04) Fan Zhendong
    05) Jun Mizutani
    06) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
    07) Timo Boll
    08) Marcos Freitas
    09) Vladimir Samsonov
    10) Chuang Chih-Yuan
    11) Koki Niwa
    12) Tang Peng
    13) Fang Bo
    14) Gao Ning
    15) Joo Saehyuk
    16) Wong Chun Ting
    17) Robert Gardos
    18) Tiago Apolonia
    19) Gionis Panagiotis
    20) Yuto Muramatsu

For full Men's entries click here

Women's Singles Seeds

Host nations Ding Ning, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed. Photo by: ettu.org

01) Ding Ning
    02) Liu Shiwen
    03) Li Xiaoxia
    04) Feng Tianwei
    05) Kasumi Ishikawa
    06) Zhu Yuling
    07) Wu Yang
    08) Ai Fukuhara
    09) Hyowon Seo
    10) Liu Jia
    11) Sayaka Hirano
    12) Doo Hoi Kem
    13) Ito Mima
    14) Yu Mengyu
    15) Georgina Pota
    16) Elizabeta Samara
    17) Haeun Yang
    18) Petrissa Solja
    19) Ri Myong Sun
    20) Li Jie

For full Women's entries click here

Men's Doubles

Coming soon...

Women's Doubles

Coming soon...

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2015 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

What a tournament this will be! The line up is extremely strong and will be the strongest table tennis event of the year! Who do you think will win? Will Ma Long maintain recent form after defeating Zhang Jike in the recent German Open and finally win a major championships? Can the young guns of China including Fang Bo and Fan Zhendong pose a threat in the draw? Can the Japanese, Korean players make their way through the events? European players including Timo Boll, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Vladimir Samsonov, Adrian Crisan and Adrien Mattenet will all be looking to cause upsets and put their names in the history books!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular global event! What are your predictions from each category.

The Following User Likes TableTennisDaily's Post:

TTLondon2012

Out Now: TableTennisDaily.com 2.0

This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 122 162
    F
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 162 122
    Really excited for the event! I planed to watch it in Suzhou but the tickets for finals are already sold out.

Thanks to 491964154ca who is in a Chinese forum to show his VIP ticket package. The total price is 5080 RMB ~=826 USD.

The Following User Likes fz29888's Post:

ping fun

Last edited by fz29888; 04-05-2015 at 08:39 PM.

This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 172 220
    This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member 220 172
    The venue, Suzhou Expo Center is nearly ready!!

The Following User Likes silvershamaa's Post:

Dan

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 97 912
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 97
    What a shame or so pity that i can't watch it, do you know any TV channel that will put those games on live? i can watch on TV if i know a channel that it can be aired on a satellite that covers our region, what a point i use this stream live link and every 3-5 seconds it stopped and i miss a lot of points played.

I really feel bad about my life upside down and i can't enjoy TT either playing or watching, so i hope someone can bring a good new for me and let me know if any TV channel that can be seen in middle east will air those games at least important matches live then i will be really happy.

I vote for Ma Long in Men singles side, but with women i can't tell, i was hoping for Liu Shiwen to win but her last games showed as she is not in perform right now, who knows, she might be back in this Championship, and also #1 seed Ding Ning is not in her best time kind of, so i really don't know who will be in full potential in women singles.

So is this event as one big event beside the olympics in table tennis game? all what i know is the Olympics and World cup and world championship, anything else?

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,182 6,779

Administrator 6,779 4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by fz29888
    Really excited for the event! I planed to watch it in Suzhou but the tickets for finals are already sold out.
    Wow already sold out! It is a shame you could not get tickets buddy. Any ideas how many tickets have been sold or how many seats are in the arena?

This user has no status.

F
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Wow already sold out! It is a shame you could not get tickets buddy. Any ideas how many tickets have been sold or how many seats are in the arena?
    Hey Dan, like the seat map attached, there are 18 sections with numbers and two special sections for guests and umpires. Three and half sections in the 18 sections are saved for athletes and journalists. The rest fourteen and half sections are available for audience.

Take section 15 as an example, there are 5 rows with 24 seats, 6 rows with 18 seats, two rows with 19 seats and 1 row with 22 seats which sum up to 288. Although the capacity of each section varies by the shape and design, let's assume they are the same for simplicity. So the total tickets available for audiences are about 14.5*288 =4176. So I guess there are more than 4000 tickets on sale which are too few for the large population of Chinese fans! If we include all the other sections, we may assume there are more than 5000 people in the arena.

Seat Map:

Note:
    Read area: VIP tickets; Yellow area: first-class tickets; light green area: Second-class tickets; Dark green area: third-class tickets.
    Blue area:VIP package; Tan area: first-class package; Burgundy area: Second-class package, Olive area: Third-class package.
    Name:  wttc_seat_map1.jpg
Views: 2543
Size:  74.5 KB
    Section 15 seat map:
    Name:  section_15_seat_map.JPG
Views: 2535
Size:  51.6 KB
    Last edited by fz29888; 04-05-2015 at 06:09 AM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 367 526
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 526 367

User Info Menu

I just had to go with the poll option "Other" Miikka is playing at WTTC too so I had to show some support and chose him haha )))

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 97 912
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 97
    Quote Originally Posted by EditingSports
    I just had to go with the poll option "Other" Miikka is playing at WTTC too so I had to show some support and chose him haha )))
    If that is so then i should choose "Other" and i have 2 players i should show some support too, but this shouldn't change the fact that top seeded players are kings for votes, at least the first top 5 seed players.

Hey Dan, like the seat map attached, there are 18 sections with numbers and two special sections for guests and umpires. Three and half sections in the 18 sections are saved for athletes and journalists. The rest fourteen and half sections are available for audience.

Take section 15 as an example, there are 5 rows with 24 seats, 6 rows with 18 seats, two rows with 19 seats and 1 row with 22 seats which sum up to 288. Although the capacity of each section varies by the shape and design, let's assume they are the same for simplicity. So the total tickets available for audiences are about 14.5*288 =4176. So I guess there are more than 4000 tickets on sale which are too few for the large population of Chinese fans! If we include all the other sections, we may assume there are more than 5000 people in the arena.

Seat Map:

Note:
    Read area: VIP tickets; Yellow area: first-class tickets; light green area: Second-class tickets; Dark green area: third-class tickets.
    Blue area:VIP package; Tan area: first-class package; Burgundy area: Second-class package, Olive area: Third-class package.

Section 15 seat map:
    Thanks for this. I thought there was going to be a lot more spectators than 5000. In the 2003 WTTC in Paris I believe their was 12000!

I bet those tickets went in minutes when they were released in China.

This user has no status.

F
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Thanks for this. I thought there was going to be a lot more spectators than 5000. In the 2003 WTTC in Paris I believe their was 12000!

I bet those tickets went in minutes when they were released in China.
    Woo! That was great in Paris!

Actually table tennis is in great crisis in China. The popularity of table tennis in China is decreasing because people are tired of the dominance of Chinese National Team. Many people criticize the government has spent too much money in table tennis.

Additionally, the majority of Chinese fans prefer sports like football (soccer) and basketball to table tennis now. And our new president Xi Jingping is a big football fan so the focus of the nation has switched to football. They hope to make the Chinese team to World Cup...... that's the highest priority.....

What's even worse, a short sketch in the Sping Festival Party satirize some officials in the government who practice table tennis during office hour to cater to their boss who loves table tennis. An actor made fun of table tennis by saying "refuse eroticism, refuse gambling, refuse drugs, and refuse table tennis" at the end. Although this sketch was trying to mock some officials who suck the boss' ass, it really hurts us table tennis fans by using table tennis as example. Many table tennis players like Wang Hao and Ma Long were pissed off by those words and showed their angry in their sina weibo homepage. But they got even more criticisms from people by saying something like they were too sensitive and they spent too much money from taxpayers to win some “unimportant” titles in this “boring” sport.

I was actually really sad and angry to read those posts. Other than big fans, the ordinary people in China are not attracted by table tennis any more. You won't see a lot of attendance in Chinese Super League and the live of table tennis on CCTV-5 has decreased a lot! What's even worse, no company is willing to sponsor the Super League this year, although the sponsorship was only 30,000,000 yuan ( about 5,000,000 dollars). Actually it also happened in last year's Super League.

So all these things above showed the decreasing popularity of table tennis in China. Playing table tennis is not a cool thing in China now. I guess maybe the organizing committee was also worried about these factors above, so they chose this small expo center.

I'm actually a little surprised to see the tickets has sold out so fast. I hope it to be a great tournament to attract the interest of Chinese sports fans again. I wish more players from other countries show more competitiveness!!!

The Following 2 Users Like fz29888's Post:

anchorschmidt and skywalker

Last edited by fz29888; 04-05-2015 at 08:43 PM.

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 367 526
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 526 367

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto
    If that is so then i should choose "Other" and i have 2 players i should show some support too, but this shouldn't change the fact that top seeded players are kings for votes, at least the first top 5 seed players.
    Haha yeah it was just a joke winner will obviously be one of the Chinese players

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 97 912
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 97
    I really like Chinese players or style, but years after years you feel you don't see anything out of Chinese players for titles, this sure will make it boring after a while, i liked when Timo teamed with Ma Long, but is that just for ads or show off? when we can see ZJK with Samsonov as a team or FZD with Dima, if Asia/Europe is not that most acceptable then why not Asia/Asia but not same country team, say Xu Xin with Mizutani for example, or Ma Long with JSH so i want to see one Chinese offensive with another Korean defensive how it will work.

Anyway, since i was younger or a little kid all the time i was only thinking and believing that Table Tennis is created from GOD for Chinese, and i grew up not watching TT for years because i know nothing will change and China is always in top, but i am trying to learn and enjoy it even if the semi Finals are all Chinese players, they got to this level from nothing, what is Europe doing then to stop that, and what about another asian countries like Korea or Japan, sleeping?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 279 713
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 713 279
    You need to train more.. better.. harder..
    so that UAE could dethrone chinese dominance.. since the rest of asia is ...........................sleeping

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 97 912
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah*
    You need to train more.. better.. harder..
    so that UAE could dethrone chinese dominance.. since the rest of asia is ...........................sleeping

Nice one, we are hoping you can do that with your best players first, we care less about this sport

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 279 713
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 713 279
    Train more... practice more... eat... sleep.. train again ohhhh i forgot asia is sleeping lol

The Following User Likes Rajah*'s Post:

TTHopeful

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 97 912
    T
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 912 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Rajah*
    Train more... practice more... eat... sleep.. train again ohhhh i forgot asia is sleeping lol

Asia is not sleeping, we have China, but what about Europe then? lol hahaha

Wake up Sweden, wake up Germany, or should i say at least wake up Portugal, lol Whole Europe is sleeping against one Asian country lol

When Japan and Korea will wake up, UAE will wake up later

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Just realized this hthing is only 2 weeks away
    Suzhou is already getting excited by decorating its subway:

Name:  11054841_1125928694103799_4500811949468820237_n.jpg
Views: 1158
Size:  53.4 KB

Name:  11110270_1125928687437133_1592202703065238260_n.jpg
Views: 1164
Size:  50.9 KB

Name:  11146214_1125928824103786_1949104656584783431_n.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  46.0 KB

The Following 5 Users Like silvershamaa's Post:

akoozab, Alborz and 3 others

Last edited by silvershamaa; 04-09-2015 at 06:26 AM.

This user has no status.

This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TareqPhoto
    Asia is not sleeping, we have China, but what about Europe then? lol hahaha

Wake up Sweden, wake up Germany, or should i say at least wake up Portugal, lol Whole Europe is sleeping against one Asian country lol

When Japan and Korea will wake up, UAE will wake up later
    Hopefully the rest of Asia will wake up within 2 weeks in the DOUBLES events at least. Japan, Korea, and Chinese Taipei all have a decent chance of overcoming China in doubles (like they did in 2013, or even in this year's German Open, when Kim minseok and Jung youngsik beat Ma long/Zhang JK).

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 376 754
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 754 376
    ML and Timo Boll will dominate in mens double lolz
    Spare weapon Ma Long personal blade W968 (FH) Neo Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge Tuned (BH) Tenergy 64

Thanks to 491964154ca who is in a Chinese forum to show his VIP ticket package. The total price is 5080 RMB ~=826 USD.

Hey buddy check this out! ITTF just posted that they have some tickets left: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...26046187425383

Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast