Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

• Ma Long

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Official TTD Discussion: QOROS 2015 World Table Tennis Championships, 26 Apr 2015 - 03 May 2015, Suzhou, China

Total number of team entries is: ...

We are now in the lead up to the 2015 World Table Tennis Championships! It's now time for all the best players in the world to come together and make an impact on the global scene. The forthcoming QOROS World Championships will be staged in China from Sunday 26th April to Sunday 3rd May 2015.

Click for our Media Library which contains all the matches from the WTTTC 2015!

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2015 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

Wow! What a year 2015 has been so far with the recent German Open, Asian Cup and various World Tour events. The next major tournament in store for the table tennis World is the World Table Tennis Championships! China's reigning World and Olympic Champion Zhang Jike has qualified in the singles event alongside his fellow compatriots including Ma Long, Xu Xin, Zhang Jike, Fan Zhendong and Fang Bo.

Group Stages

Men's Singles Groups
Women's Singles Groups
Men's Doubles Pre Rounds
Women's Doubles Pre Rounds
Mixed Doubles Pre Rounds

China's Ma Long, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed.

malonggermanopen2015.jpg

Ma Long the no.1 seed, photo by: ITTF

Men's Singles Seeds

zhangjikewin2014worldcup.jpg

Reigning World Champion Zhang Jike enters the tournament as the #3 seed - Photo by: ITTF

01) Ma Long
02) Xu Xin
03) Zhang Jike
04) Fan Zhendong
05) Jun Mizutani
06) Dimitrij Ovtcharov
07) Timo Boll
08) Marcos Freitas
09) Vladimir Samsonov
10) Chuang Chih-Yuan
11) Koki Niwa
12) Tang Peng
13) Fang Bo
14) Gao Ning
15) Joo Saehyuk
16) Wong Chun Ting
17) Robert Gardos
18) Tiago Apolonia
19) Gionis Panagiotis
20) Yuto Muramatsu

For full Men's entries click here

Women's Singles Seeds

dingningkuwait2015.jpg

Host nations Ding Ning, the World #1 has entered the World Championships as the #1 seed. Photo by: ettu.org

01) Ding Ning
02) Liu Shiwen
03) Li Xiaoxia
04) Feng Tianwei
05) Kasumi Ishikawa
06) Zhu Yuling
07) Wu Yang
08) Ai Fukuhara
09) Hyowon Seo
10) Liu Jia
11) Sayaka Hirano
12) Doo Hoi Kem
13) Ito Mima
14) Yu Mengyu
15) Georgina Pota
16) Elizabeta Samara
17) Haeun Yang
18) Petrissa Solja
19) Ri Myong Sun
20) Li Jie

For full Women's entries click here

Men's Doubles

Coming soon...

Women's Doubles

Coming soon...

Live matches from the World Table Tennis Championships 2015 can be watched in the ITTF Live Streaming which has playback on demand with integrated chat with TableTennisDaily members!

What a tournament this will be! The line up is extremely strong and will be the strongest table tennis event of the year! Who do you think will win? Will Ma Long maintain recent form after defeating Zhang Jike in the recent German Open and finally win a major championships? Can the young guns of China including Fang Bo and Fan Zhendong pose a threat in the draw? Can the Japanese, Korean players make their way through the events? European players including Timo Boll, Dimitrij Ovtcharov, Vladimir Samsonov, Adrian Crisan and Adrien Mattenet will all be looking to cause upsets and put their names in the history books!

We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this spectacular global event! What are your predictions from each category.

Reactions: TTLondon2012
This user has no status.
What a shame or so pity that i can't watch it, do you know any TV channel that will put those games on live? i can watch on TV if i know a channel that it can be aired on a satellite that covers our region, what a point i use this stream live link and every 3-5 seconds it stopped and i miss a lot of points played.

I really feel bad about my life upside down and i can't enjoy TT either playing or watching, so i hope someone can bring a good new for me and let me know if any TV channel that can be seen in middle east will air those games at least important matches live then i will be really happy.

I vote for Ma Long in Men singles side, but with women i can't tell, i was hoping for Liu Shiwen to win but her last games showed as she is not in perform right now, who knows, she might be back in this Championship, and also #1 seed Ding Ning is not in her best time kind of, so i really don't know who will be in full potential in women singles.

So is this event as one big event beside the olympics in table tennis game? all what i know is the Olympics and World cup and world championship, anything else?

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Really excited for the event! I planed to watch it in Suzhou but the tickets for finals are already sold out.

Wow already sold out! It is a shame you could not get tickets buddy. Any ideas how many tickets have been sold or how many seats are in the arena?

This user has no status.
Wow already sold out! It is a shame you could not get tickets buddy. Any ideas how many tickets have been sold or how many seats are in the arena?

Hey Dan, like the seat map attached, there are 18 sections with numbers and two special sections for guests and umpires. Three and half sections in the 18 sections are saved for athletes and journalists. The rest fourteen and half sections are available for audience.

Take section 15 as an example, there are 5 rows with 24 seats, 6 rows with 18 seats, two rows with 19 seats and 1 row with 22 seats which sum up to 288. Although the capacity of each section varies by the shape and design, let's assume they are the same for simplicity. So the total tickets available for audiences are about 14.5*288 =4176. So I guess there are more than 4000 tickets on sale which are too few for the large population of Chinese fans! If we include all the other sections, we may assume there are more than 5000 people in the arena.

Seat Map:

Note:
Read area: VIP tickets; Yellow area: first-class tickets; light green area: Second-class tickets; Dark green area: third-class tickets.
Blue area:VIP package; Tan area: first-class package; Burgundy area: Second-class package, Olive area: Third-class package.
wttc_seat_map1.jpg
Section 15 seat map:
section_15_seat_map.JPG

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I just had to go with the poll option "Other" :D Miikka is playing at WTTC too so I had to show some support and chose him haha :))))

If that is so then i should choose "Other" and i have 2 players i should show some support too, but this shouldn't change the fact that top seeded players are kings for votes, at least the first top 5 seed players.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey Dan, like the seat map attached, there are 18 sections with numbers and two special sections for guests and umpires. Three and half sections in the 18 sections are saved for athletes and journalists. The rest fourteen and half sections are available for audience.

Take section 15 as an example, there are 5 rows with 24 seats, 6 rows with 18 seats, two rows with 19 seats and 1 row with 22 seats which sum up to 288. Although the capacity of each section varies by the shape and design, let's assume they are the same for simplicity. So the total tickets available for audiences are about 14.5*288 =4176. So I guess there are more than 4000 tickets on sale which are too few for the large population of Chinese fans! If we include all the other sections, we may assume there are more than 5000 people in the arena.

Seat Map:

Note:
Read area: VIP tickets; Yellow area: first-class tickets; light green area: Second-class tickets; Dark green area: third-class tickets.
Blue area:VIP package; Tan area: first-class package; Burgundy area: Second-class package, Olive area: Third-class package.
attachment.php

Section 15 seat map:
attachment.php

Thanks for this. I thought there was going to be a lot more spectators than 5000. In the 2003 WTTC in Paris I believe their was 12000!

I bet those tickets went in minutes when they were released in China.

This user has no status.
Thanks for this. I thought there was going to be a lot more spectators than 5000. In the 2003 WTTC in Paris I believe their was 12000!

I bet those tickets went in minutes when they were released in China.

Woo! That was great in Paris!

Actually table tennis is in great crisis in China. The popularity of table tennis in China is decreasing because people are tired of the dominance of Chinese National Team. Many people criticize the government has spent too much money in table tennis.

Additionally, the majority of Chinese fans prefer sports like football (soccer) and basketball to table tennis now. And our new president Xi Jingping is a big football fan so the focus of the nation has switched to football. They hope to make the Chinese team to World Cup...... that's the highest priority.....

What's even worse, a short sketch in the Sping Festival Party satirize some officials in the government who practice table tennis during office hour to cater to their boss who loves table tennis. An actor made fun of table tennis by saying "refuse eroticism, refuse gambling, refuse drugs, and refuse table tennis" at the end. Although this sketch was trying to mock some officials who suck the boss' ass, it really hurts us table tennis fans by using table tennis as example. Many table tennis players like Wang Hao and Ma Long were pissed off by those words and showed their angry in their sina weibo homepage. But they got even more criticisms from people by saying something like they were too sensitive and they spent too much money from taxpayers to win some “unimportant” titles in this “boring” sport.

I was actually really sad and angry to read those posts. Other than big fans, the ordinary people in China are not attracted by table tennis any more. You won't see a lot of attendance in Chinese Super League and the live of table tennis on CCTV-5 has decreased a lot! What's even worse, no company is willing to sponsor the Super League this year, although the sponsorship was only 30,000,000 yuan ( about 5,000,000 dollars). Actually it also happened in last year's Super League.

So all these things above showed the decreasing popularity of table tennis in China. Playing table tennis is not a cool thing in China now. I guess maybe the organizing committee was also worried about these factors above, so they chose this small expo center.

I'm actually a little surprised to see the tickets has sold out so fast. I hope it to be a great tournament to attract the interest of Chinese sports fans again. I wish more players from other countries show more competitiveness!!!

Last edited:
says Youtube channel...
says Youtube channel...
Dec 2012
Read 7 reviews
If that is so then i should choose "Other" and i have 2 players i should show some support too, but this shouldn't change the fact that top seeded players are kings for votes, at least the first top 5 seed players.

Haha yeah it was just a joke :) winner will obviously be one of the Chinese players :)

This user has no status.
I really like Chinese players or style, but years after years you feel you don't see anything out of Chinese players for titles, this sure will make it boring after a while, i liked when Timo teamed with Ma Long, but is that just for ads or show off? when we can see ZJK with Samsonov as a team or FZD with Dima, if Asia/Europe is not that most acceptable then why not Asia/Asia but not same country team, say Xu Xin with Mizutani for example, or Ma Long with JSH so i want to see one Chinese offensive with another Korean defensive how it will work.

Anyway, since i was younger or a little kid all the time i was only thinking and believing that Table Tennis is created from GOD for Chinese, and i grew up not watching TT for years because i know nothing will change and China is always in top, but i am trying to learn and enjoy it even if the semi Finals are all Chinese players, they got to this level from nothing, what is Europe doing then to stop that, and what about another asian countries like Korea or Japan, sleeping?

This user has no status.
You need to train more.. better.. harder..
so that UAE could dethrone chinese dominance.. since the rest of asia is ...........................sleeping [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Nice one, we are hoping you can do that with your best players first, we care less about this sport :D

This user has no status.
Train more... practice more... eat... sleep.. train again ohhhh i forgot asia is sleeping lol

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Asia is not sleeping, we have China, but what about Europe then? lol hahaha

Wake up Sweden, wake up Germany, or should i say at least wake up Portugal, lol Whole Europe is sleeping against one Asian country lol

When Japan and Korea will wake up, UAE will wake up later :D

Asia is not sleeping, we have China, but what about Europe then? lol hahaha

Wake up Sweden, wake up Germany, or should i say at least wake up Portugal, lol Whole Europe is sleeping against one Asian country lol

When Japan and Korea will wake up, UAE will wake up later :D

Hopefully the rest of Asia will wake up within 2 weeks in the DOUBLES events at least. Japan, Korea, and Chinese Taipei all have a decent chance of overcoming China in doubles (like they did in 2013, or even in this year's German Open, when Kim minseok and Jung youngsik beat Ma long/Zhang JK).

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews