Who do you think will win the World Table Tennis Championships 2015?

• Ma Long

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • Xu Xin

Votes: 16 10.7%
  • Zhang Jike

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • Fan Zhendong

Votes: 12 8.0%
  • Jun Mizutani

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Dimitrij Ovtcharov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Boll

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Marcos Freitas

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Vladimir Samsonov

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (Post Below)

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
says In my opinion, hurricane 3 is good. 2 points: "eat the...
Aug 2012
Img7716264_n.JPG

Img7716263_n.JPG

Img7716256_n.JPG

Img7716255_n.jpg

Img7716254_n.jpg

Img7716253_n.jpg

Img7716252_n.jpg

Img7716251_n.jpg

Img7716250_n.jpg

Img7716249_n.jpg

Img7716248_n.jpg

Reactions: Michal_Z
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
CNT had already send him to play oversea 3 times this year, only he failed miserably. He was beaten in the second round facing Freitas in Kuwait Open (Feb). Again beaten in the first round vs Shiono in German Open (Mar), both times beaten by non-Chinese which is truly embarrassing. He only managed to win twice in 3 tournaments against players with lower ranking. Surprisingly he play like a totally different player in this WTTC (Apr). Is there something to do with the new Butterfly 40+ balls?

Didn't he become the runner-up at the korea open?
He lost to XX...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
Guys, for real, I believe, Fan Zhendong has NO CHANCE, I repeat - NO CHANCE of beating Ma Long, Xu Xin or Zhang Jike in the WTTC..
I believe these three players are saving their best tactics to beat Fan Zhendong for WTTC and for OG, so the only chance for FZD to win WTTC is, that he will not meet any of these, that they will be eliminated earlier, which is veeery very unlikely. Of course, it can happen, but I believe Timo Boll or Dimitrij Ovtcharov would not lose to FZD at this stage.
So - for me its Zhang Jike! Even though I will hope that Ma Long can do a miracle, I know that semifinal is the most he can achieve here.
Zhang Jike can lose in tournament like this only if he gets injured. If Zhang gets injured, maybe the miracle will happen and Ma Long wins.
At this big stage, I tell you this: 1st Zhang Jike, 2nd Ma Long, 3rd Xu Xin, 4th FZD. As easy as this it is.
FZD will lose to any of above him, Xu Xin will lose to any of above him and Ma Long will lose to ZJK. Thats it, that is what I believe :)

About FZD losing to ML .. Exactly what I said, that happened.
And what I said - Zhang can lose in tournament only if he gets injured, what happened.
And miracle happened and Ma Long won :)
So I guess I got it right ;-)
About Fang Bo, wov.. surprised me!
He did beat injured Xu Xin and injured Zhang Jike, but still it was a great performance, his forehand is just fierce!
Amazing!
Now I guess they will get closer eye on him ;-)

About Ding Ning vs. Liu Shiwen .. its such pity that Ding got injured. Not being that, I believe, Liu would win. She had a great start in the deciding game and I doubt she would let it go. Just .. after she was forced to stop play for 10 minutes and then she had to play injured oponent .. thats tough .. and in the final even tougher. And against her friend ..
Well that was just too bad. Liu deserved to win and didnt, well, she has to be happy just with the doubles title.
I hope she compensates at the olympic games ;-)

And the final, omg. . some of the rallies.. are just unforgetable!

Aug 2012
Loll...in that 10th picture Tommy just posted where Ma Long was high up in the air, Fang Bo looked terrified, like a real dragon was attacking him
Ma Long is a repressed guy but he made a such passion celebration, everyone is terrified :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
I would like to see how did Ma Long celebrate it after the match. Maybe there are some pictures or videos somewhere?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
By the moment when ZJK lost against FB, I was already expecting that a lot of bad comments on ML's winning will be coming. For me, ML is already champion himself without any doubt, for his techniques, tactics, spirit, and friendly (same as Timo), regardless of what he must win and whom he "must" face against in final to make himself "deserved" the title. When he is relax, he is just simply a beast, and the major titles, if he can achieve, are only making ML more complete.

About LSW and DN final match, Ding Ning is, of course, well deserved for her fighting spirit, but the sportsmanship of LSW should be also mentioned. For her capacity and style, I believe it ain't difficult to beat a injured and unmovable opponent because LSW's placement is just so good, so that hitting the ball to two the wide-corner is never a big deal for LSW. But from the moment when both got back to play, LSW was only challenging DN at DN's standing corner and up far to the middle of the table, thats it. Both are so deserved for a win, and whoever made it is respectful without questioning. The women's single final WTTC 2015 will be the most unforgettable match for me EVER. Love them both!

The fact that ZJK won all his greatest titles against the same player, Wang Hao, without facing Ma Long, is the same thing and he also had a lot of bad comments about this (from Ma Long's fans). Now ZJK fans are just doing the same......fans acting like fans, nothing big :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
To be honest, i don't care if an Olympics TT winner lost in semi final of WTTC then the winner didn't face him that is not their problems or fault, same if the winner of WTTC lost in the semi final Olympics and didn't face the Olympics champion in his way to the final is not their business, the winner is a winner at the end regardless of who will be the opponent in the final.

I may win this year WTTC title and next year World Cup or even Olympics i knocked out of quarter or semi final and not facing the champion at all, does that mean if i didn't face the champion of olympics in my WTTC winning or he didn't face me in his Olympics winning that our winning is not that great enough? huh!!! people always thinking that the finalists must be only top 2 or best of the best all the time, Ma Lin and Waldner sometimes lost in semi or even before and the winner didn't face them in the way to the title, does it mean he doesn't deserve to be a winner because he didn't face the legends or master in his way?

ZJK deserved to win the past and i really don't care whoare the opponents he faced in the past, same now with ML, FB wasn't an easy or below level player as well, i am sure even if ZJK won over FB he will have difficult time to win over ML, he may lose to ML 4-0 or 4-1, then what? people will comment that ML didn't deserve because ZJK was injured and played about 60% of his full potential?

Congratulations Ma Long even if you won 6-0 in the final, you waited long time and now you have the right to celebrate until next title.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
About FZD losing to ML .. Exactly what I said, that happened.
And what I said - Zhang can lose in tournament only if he gets injured, what happened.
And miracle happened and Ma Long won :)
So I guess I got it right ;-)
About Fang Bo, wov.. surprised me!
He did beat injured Xu Xin and injured Zhang Jike, but still it was a great performance, his forehand is just fierce!
Amazing!
Now I guess they will get closer eye on him ;-)

About Ding Ning vs. Liu Shiwen .. its such pity that Ding got injured. Not being that, I believe, Liu would win. She had a great start in the deciding game and I doubt she would let it go. Just .. after she was forced to stop play for 10 minutes and then she had to play injured oponent .. thats tough .. and in the final even tougher. And against her friend ..
Well that was just too bad. Liu deserved to win and didnt, well, she has to be happy just with the doubles title.
I hope she compensates at the olympic games ;-)

And the final, omg. . some of the rallies.. are just unforgetable!

Sorry mate, I did not see its right as you said:
1. FZD lost to ML, but actually defeated Timo
2. Who knows ZJK is gonna win without injury, its just your assumption
3. Semifinal ML beats FZD, then there is nothing miracle right here. And seriously does he need the miracle to win this stage? Its up to you if you have that thought/assumption (again), but do not conclude its right or wrong because its simply your own opinion dude. Enjoy!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ma Long won. Period.

One thing this is going to mean is, maybe we will see the competition get better when ZJK and ML play. Now they are both World Champions.

Fang Bo played great. Nobody in the tournament played as well against ML than Fang. And Ma Long was 100% ready for everything FZD tried against him.

It actually looked like he was ready for the short reverse serves to the FH and the backhand flicks to either the BH side or the wide FH at the same time. So we can't say what would happen against a health ZJK. But the final was a great match between ML and FB.

And Ma Long is now a World Champion.

Reactions: Rajah* and khuonglt
Ma Long table tennis level is so much consistent, it doesn't vary much, always at his top level or almost at his top level............his consistency paid off this time. ZJK is far far far less consistent than Ma Long, his level varies far more (of course, it always stays a level above any european), same goes for XX.

FZD's forehand was not as good as we have seen it during the 2014 year (espacially his ultra dominant FH of the Chinese National Championship last November). He can still improve his consitency and get inspired by Ma Long to do so. He is so young, 9 years old younger then Ma Long and Zhang Jike !!! 5 yo younger than Fang Bo. And I already think that he is already more consistent after Ma Long.

Fang Bo has to prove consistency also now, he has to prove that he can play this awesome table tennis all year long. It starts now for Fang Bo.

The voictory of Ma Long is the a victory for its amazing consistency.

Last edited:
Reactions: khuonglt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
FZD's forehand was not as good as we have seen it during the 2014 year (espacially his ultra dominant FH or the Chinese National Championship last November). He can still improve his consitency and get inspired by Ma Long to do so. He is so young, 9 years old younger then Ma Long and Zhang Jike !!!
Watching FZD playing this WTTC2015, especially when he defeated Koki Niwa and Timo, I cannot agree that his forehand is not as good as before. In fact, I believe he is improving drastically time to time.

The only problem for him now, or for most of youngster (even Ma Long before), is that he needs to work on his tactics a lot to optimize his style, and thats how the coach will be involved to help him. Right now FZD plays very powerful style (like ML used to mention in an interview), but somehow his every single shot costs him too much power and time to recover, of course at highest level. Same as Ma Long when he was young, he moved a lot, powerful forehand (and backhand counter) but the game was not so great when he had to face against the top/legends at that time (WLQ, Waldner, Wang Hao...).

Personally, I believe all the top CNT, especially top 4 right now, got a perfect techniques from young age. During a highest level of training in national team, they had to work more on their tactics, minimize the move, optimize the shot and maximize their efficiency. The starting point of FZD is even greater than other three, so there will be no doubt to see him playing explosively and efficiently soon later.

Last edited:
I didn't found FZD Forehand consistent, was OK but not his best FH against Niwa and far from his best FH against Timo Boll.
Watch 2013 and 2014 Chinese nationals, his finals against Ma long (this was, so far, the most important matches of his life and both against a very very good Ma Long), his FH was clearly on a whole different level than it was at the wttc.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
I didn't found FZD Forehand consistent, was OK but not his best FH against Niwa and far from his best FH against Timo Boll.
Watch 2013 and 2014 Chinese nationals, his finals against Ma long (this was, so far, the most important matches of his life and both against a very very good Ma Long), his FH was clearly on a whole different level than it was at the wttc.

Not sure where did you get that "very very good Ma Long" from? However, we, TTD members, had discussion on this topic before. Chinese National Championship 2014 took place right after World Cup, both Ma Long and Zhang Jike were suffering a very tight schedule. ZJK pulled out the single, XX lost, ML had very tough match against FB 4:3 in semi-final and it seemed totally drying up his energy. Furthermore, from the information from the spectators present in the venue, ML looked very tired during the game.
For your reference if you want to dig out this fact:
http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/f...022-Chinese-National-Championships-2014/page8

I haven't checked 2013 one, but if you say the hungry and hard-working youngster, like FZD, right now is less consistent than 2 years ago when he just showed up, I would rather not think so. Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rajah*
This user has no status.
Give FZD time, sooner or later he will be there, good for him to be in top 5, and good that he is always in comparison with other Chinese top players, so it is just a matter of time, don't ask him too much yet now, Ma Long himself took long time to earn his first big title if i am not mistaken, why you all keeping talking about FZD as he must be the winner in all titles he plays in, in fact i am not a fan of FZD not sure why, but if i have to put those Chinese in order then FZD will come third or forth for me anyway.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Give FZD time, sooner or later he will be there, good for him to be in top 5, and good that he is always in comparison with other Chinese top players, so it is just a matter of time, don't ask him too much yet now, Ma Long himself took long time to earn his first big title if i am not mistaken, why you all keeping talking about FZD as he must be the winner in all titles he plays in, in fact i am not a fan of FZD not sure why, but if i have to put those Chinese in order then FZD will come third or forth for me anyway.
In fact, Grand Slam title is composed of three major titles: World Cup, World Championship, and Olympics. If you consider three of them are big title, then you are surely mistaken (of course if you dun, just never mind kkk). He won World Cup 2012, and only lacking of Olympic to be the 5th Grand Slam in Men Table Tennis.

Last edited: