Training videos

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
so many good and useful videos!

I wanted make one small request. I noticed (not all and I don't remember all the videos I've seen right now) most many of your drills are tapped with a straight on view angle. That view is great (and Quality seems very high by the way) but it could be helpful if the taping changed to also show a side angle views of the same drills. It may just me be but I find seeing the side angle along with front view helps to fully understand The stroke mechanics, full body movements positioning through the drills as well as timing, and contact point. I realize showing the drills are the priority here but one of the things I enjoy the most is seeing your players execute the same drills using sound mechanics with slightly different tailored swings or approaches. Keep up the great work! your site/channel is amoung favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. Back from WTTC 2017 we had another idea: Multiball doubles training.
Both players tryed to attack every ball per forehand topspin. One player moved more in forwards and backwards direction. The other player moved in left and right direction.
In this video we filmed from various positions as mentioned in the post before. This time we used the cameras of mobile phones. So the quality is unfortunately improvable.

Reactions: gmiller2233
Additionally here are some of the full video excerpts we used for the best of video above:

Initially i tried to embed the favebook videos via "insert video". The videos were not displayed. Does anyone know why it didn't work?

Banana flick and strawberry flick:
https://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining/videos/2001269270101157/

Forehand topspin against block with various length.
https://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining/videos/2000327390195345/

Forehand topspin around the net:
https://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining/videos/1992189801009104/

Shortening the backhand topspin stroke:
https://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining/videos/1990349334526484/

Combination of forehand topspin (against backspin) and backhand topspin (against block).
https://www.facebook.com/3Ttabletennistraining/videos/1991329724428445/

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Here is a short video, which shows a possible procedure to glue table tennis rubbers. I hope you will like it:

This is great.
Carl has just made an instructional vid of lacquering a blade a couple of days ago.
Maybe we should have a separate construction thread of its own for this.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thank's, Suga D. From my point of you it's a good idea to have an own construction thread. Could you arrange this, because i don't find Carl's lacquering video at the moment?

Done it and gonna add your vid to it if you don't mind.
:)

Hello together,
in the last half year we posted a lot of short video clips from our training on instagram. In the last days we uploaded some of them on Youtube. So i'd like to add them to this thread. I hope i can create some more videos in the next weeks.

Topspin down the line:

Topspin against topspin (we know, non playing arm should be improved):

Best of 2017:

Reactions: Boogar and Suga D
The little girl is 10 years old. She is not from our clubs. My girlfriend trains with her for a few hours a year, when we are on holidays in Hungary. The girl has good training by her club and has a strong will to train hard. I'm always fascinated by her motivation and concentration. :D
I think she plays table tennis for circa 3 or 4 years.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I know the rating system is different in Europe than it is in US but I was curious what some of your players rating were and if it was not to much maybe a US equivalent? Or maybe even a range if you don’t want to point them out individually. thanks for posting, looks like a fantastic program! keep up the great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 3Ttabletennis
Hey gmiller233,
i don't know the US-System in detail. So i will try to explain the German rating system. The rating value is called TTR. Players, who start with playing tabletennis, usually get an initial value of ca. 700 to 1000 TTR depending on the league. Very good players from the highest leagues in Germany have a rating roughly from 2200 to 2500 TTR. Patrick Franziska has ca. 2500 TTR, Timo Boll has a rating of ca. 2650 TTR.
We are no tabel tennis institute or something similar. We are a club and everybody is playing for fun. Our youth players usually have a rating from 900 to 1800 TTR. The player, who can be seen in most of our training videos, has a rating of ca. 1750 TTR.
I hope this description helps a little bit? Maybe someone else can categorize our players in the US-system?