Any new plastic ball recommendations ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews

They are both Nittaku poly balls, are both white and round, but have different playing characteristics to each other, are made using different techniques and in different factories. Not in the least confusing, eh? :p

Nittaku SHA is a DHS clone made in China and plays like all the other DHS/DF clones.

Nittaku Premium
is made in Japan in Nittaku's own factory. It's a seamed ball, but the seam is very thin compared to DHS/DF. The Nittaku Premium ball reportedly plays better (closer to celluloid) than DHS/DF or XSF, but it's fragile and expensive.

I understand now. Nittaku seem to be the pioneers in balls, I am surprised they are not using it at this years World Championships. Thanks again.

This user has no status.
To be honest, i played with poly balls and i don't feel that it is very different than cellu balls, in fact i played once just practice with someone and we were using different balls, to my surprise the balls were, 1 poly, 3 different cellu one of them is 1 star, so i don't care if i play with celluloid or poly or even gold ball.

I have ordered some plastic XIOM balls since that's the only xushaofa I can find in Greece. Did look at tt11.com website just to double check the price and saw another new ball appearing in the front page, XIOM Pro Select 40+*** (seam plastic ball). Price is the same as the XIOM Seamless Plastic Ball. Is the new ball like DHS and all those bad quality, easy breaking balls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2014
Read 3 reviews
I have ordered some plastic XIOM balls since that's the only xushaofa I can find in Greece. Did look at tt11.com website just to double check the price and saw another new ball appearing in the front page, XIOM Pro Select 40+*** (seam plastic ball). Price is the same as the XIOM Seamless Plastic Ball. Is the new ball like DHS and all those bad quality, easy breaking balls?
If it says seamed, expect it to be similar to dhs or double fish plastic balls. However if it says seamed and made in Japan or Germany, expect it to be similar to nittaku premium 40+ or butterfly G40+. And if it says seamless, expect it to be similar to Xushaofa 40+.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Some people will probably like the G40+ from Butterfly. I think they are better than any Chinese seamed ball. I still prefer the Nittaku Premium 40+ from Japan, and also XSF.

Reactions: Rajah*