Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 10 28
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 10

WTTC 2015... Who will win vs Who you would like to win...

Simple..
    Say the player you think will win and the player you would like to win...

I would love Zhang Jike to win a third title. However, my heart tells me Ma Long will win.

I think this also might be the last year Boll has a real impact on the results.

Thoughts?

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 687 643
    A
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 643 687

User Info Menu

I want Timo Boll to win but I think that either ZJK or Ma Long will take it. He not only has to play the player but also LGL's tactics.

Boll had a real chance in 2013 but look how strong a Chinese player can play with LGL coaching him. You saw what happened when Ma Long was left on his own against Wang Hao.

Between ZJK and Ma long, none is really inferior to the other in terms of technique and now hopefully Ma Long has the mental strength that is required as well. It will probably go down to whoever slept better at night or whoever feels better on that day.

says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 4,186 6,781
    says TableTennisDaily 2.0 is now live!!!

Administrator 6,781 4,186
    Nice topic! I would love to see Timo Boll win it! Imagine how the table tennis world would react if Timo won? Also imagine how happy young Timo would be! I never forget him in the London 2012 Olympics, I really felt he was in top form and thought he had a chance to win it as there was only two Chinese players participating. However it was Adrian Crisan who took out Boll in the end. The WTTC has 5 Chinese players in the singles so it is slightly harder. Boll is also much older now, dam I have just always wanted to see Boll win a major like the WTTC in his career.

I have this feeling it is Ma Long's time, it has to be doesn't it? Although I also have this feeling Fan Zhendong may cause some interesting upsets. He will be hungry!

Quote Originally Posted by anchorschmidt
    Between ZJK and Ma long, none is really inferior to the other in terms of technique and now hopefully Ma Long has the mental strength that is required as well. It will probably go down to whoever slept better at night or whoever feels better on that day.
    Haha this is so true! Ma Long and Zhang Jike are so close it could be a matter of who had the better nights sleep the night before, love it

The Following User Likes Dan's Post:

anchorschmidt

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 22
    H
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 22 1

User Info Menu

Apr 2015
    Japan
    Read 0 Reviews
    hello.

for me, I would like Mizutani to win because we playing same club before he turn pro.

I thing Fan is still little young with no many experience...so i think Xu xin will take the title with Zhang and Ma eliminatING in the semi match.

Best wish to Jun.

Hayato

This user has no status.

TTD Member 10 28
    M
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 10
    Some really great thoughts in here! I can't wait until the WTTC 2015! It is going to be immense. Come on ZJK

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 744 1,569
    S
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 1,569 744
    I think we need to wait untill they show final lineup. I am interested if Ma Long and ZJK can meet in the semis or in the final. My prediction is Ma Long is going to win the title, but I hope Jun Mizutani can make a big surprise - I like his style.
    Do you remember Werner Schalger causing big surprise? nobody expected him to win.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 1 14
    I
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 14 1

User Info Menu

I would like to win some non chinese player, maybe Mizutani or Freitas but reality is that the winner will be ML or ZJK

This user has no status.

TTD Member 4 22
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 22 4

User Info Menu

xu xin, xu xin

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 823 595
    J
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 595 823

User Info Menu

I want Xu Xin to win, as he is the remaining of the elite penholder players, and also he has a sense of humour. I think, Xu Xin will win the title if he beats Ma Long in their encounter.