says Aging is a killer
Change of rules, and of course the ball. Also today's TT I would say, without "salt and pepper". Most of the games seems to look same...just open with the banana flick and then playing spin to spin. In the nineties we had more players with different types of style and more defence players and players using even short pimples as well.

Petr, thanks for the reply. Yes, even at a much lower level like mine, I rarely see defenders. I see pushblocking Long pips and anti players but not many defenders in the old sense.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Welcome Petr!
I have two questions.
1.) As you are known for having a superior backhand flick i would like to ask you in which sections of the table I should use the BH-Flick, so is it a good idea to play the BH-Flick in the wide forehand or not?
2.) What kind of physical exercise do you do for your basic fitness and especially for tabletennis?

Hi thx! Normally BH-Flick would be used from BH side, but you can use it even from forehand side of table. Just you have to be fast on the legs, to be back in position right on time!

There are lot of exercises...mostly I am practising on stability exercises such as gymnastic balls, half balls, sponges. And stability exercises with my own body.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
Change of rules, and of course the ball. Also today's TT I would say, without "salt and pepper". Most of the games seems to look same...just open with the banana flick and then playing spin to spin. In the nineties we had more players with different types of style and more defence players and players using even short pimples as well.

Yeah, TT in the 90's was so entertaining, so many different styles in the Old generation (you, Waldner, Person, Gatien, Matsushita, Liu Guoliang, Chila, Saive, Primorac, Wang Tao, Ma Wenge.....and so many others).

Who do you think will be 2015 world champion ?

The Plastic-ball, unfortunately, will tend to even more harmonize the strategies between each players since spin variations will matter even less now, and physical capabilities being more and more important.....

ANother question, do you seal your blade ?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Haha Petr, nice of you to NOT highlight me mis-spelling your name!

You function so well in English when it is NOT your first language, I think that takes a lot of attitude (good meaning) and courage, because so many of us WANT to do well in another language, but when the spotlight is on us, we are collectively afraid to fail. You are either not afraid or very confident in your training and experience that it doesn't bother you so much.

Just about all of us minus the creator of TTD and the verified pro players are totally armatures who simply enjoy talking about our sport and loving the modern ways to share it online. It is great that you evolve your reach in the way you chose.

What event or events led you to try harder in your life? Not just TT, but life is so much more.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hello Petr, welcome to the forum!
I'd like to know what you think about all the rule changes that's been made over the last 20 years.. The 38 to 40 mm change, the speed glue ban, banning of neubauer pips without friction, the boosters, and the recent plastic ball, is it good for the sport or will it end up kind of boring?

How do you think the sport will develop in the future?

Best regards!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Hello Peter. Iam very impresive Your table tennis level because in Your age (mine is similar) You are still a very strong Player ,, specially in modern table tennis.
Iam using Your Peter Korbel blade and Mx-p,Mx-s rubbers but next season Iam planning to use a Butterfly rubbers . All my friends are using Tenergy 05 and I love it also. New Butterfly Rozena rubber is already on the market but there is not many reviews about this rubber. If You were testing it can You tell me what is different between Rozena and 05 rubber in speed/spin on Forehand side ,,, or maybe I should be using 05 on FH and Rozena on BH ???

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Hello Petr!

Which era of table tennis rules do you prefer? Such as size of balls and speed gluing. Do you think the rules are heading to the right direction? Or is ITTF destroying table tennis?

What do you think about plastic balls? Do you boost your rubbers?

Thank you :).

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Petr last post on this thread was in April 2015 ...

btw I've been playing with a Petr Korbel blade for as long as i can remember ( 12 years ? 15 years ? more ?) and now i even have 2 of them, just in case one breaks. and i play Tenergy80 FH as well :) , and my BH rubber SpinArt is quite similar as well to T80.

I'm almost the same age than him, i just have to learn how to play like him, its just gonna take another 20 years at least LOL, i might be ready for my local league over60s title.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews

Hey, Petr, but dont you think this is kind of a bit your fault? :p
Its you who discovered the banana flick :p

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
very happy to know you add to this site

I have your poster in my table tennis room, I hope one day I can meet you and take a photo with you so that I can put it on my table tennis room

Reactions: Michal_Z