says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hi everyone,

Petr Korbel is our latest addition to the Verified Pro Member and has signed up to the TableTennisDaily website and is willing to answer your questions! Petr Korbel is a professional table tennis player who represented Czech Republic at the Olympic Games for a staggering 5 times and has played for his nation at the World Championships, European Championships, and many other major events. Petr's career high world ranking is 16 (year 2001) and is famous for his devastating backhand flick.

Petr Korbel has been a flagship Butterfly sponsored player for many years with his famous Petr Korbel blade.

Current setup:

Blade: Butterfly Petr Korbel
Forehand: Butterfly Tenergy 80
Backhand: Butterfly Tenergy 80

petrkorbel.jpg

Verified Pro Player Petr Korbel - Photo by: Butterfly

Petr Korbel is registered to the site, any questions you would like to ask him, just fire away by posting below and he will do his best to get back to you as soon as possible.

Lets give Czech Republic's Petr Korbel a warm welcoming!

This user has no status.
Welcome to the tabletennisdaily, nice to have another Pro players here!!!

Nice game and awesome BH, so what is your startegy mostly against Chinese players if you want to win?

About the blade named after you, what is it about in that blade that you like? Why did you choose this rubber [if it is correct Tenergy 80] over another rubbers even Tenergy itself?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I always enjoyed watching you plaiying. Of course your short game and BH block down the line was always awsome, this block often reminds me another player (Waldner) who used it a lot. I have two questions:
1. What is your business know, since you are already retired?
2. What is the reason for chinese dominance for the last years? My opinion is that many players try to overcome chinese with countertopspinss, but it is almost impossible. I think better is to change strategy, sometimes counter sometimes block, so they never know.

This user has no status.
Welcome Petr!
I have two questions.
1.) As you are known for having a superior backhand flick i would like to ask you in which sections of the table I should use the BH-Flick, so is it a good idea to play the BH-Flick in the wide forehand or not?
2.) What kind of physical exercise do you do for your basic fitness and especially for tabletennis?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Thanks for the welcoming everyone! It's good to be here.

Welcome Petr! I heard you are making a table tennis academy in a recent interview. How is that going?

I also love your backhand, any tips for me how to do it?

Hi! I am starting and mostly I make camps during holidays and we are fully booked. So it's going well.

Thx for my backhand...most important thing is to try to hit the ball in highest point and work with the wrist.

Reactions: Cktenders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Welcome to the tabletennisdaily, nice to have another Pro players here!!!

Nice game and awesome BH, so what is your startegy mostly against Chinese players if you want to win?

About the blade named after you, what is it about in that blade that you like? Why did you choose this rubber [if it is correct Tenergy 80] over another rubbers even Tenergy itself?

Hi and thx! First against the Chinese, you must believe to beat them. Second, to play with lot of variability, tactic and rhythm changing...

About the blade, it is optimal for my system of game, I am using Tenergy 80, that's correct. Before I played with 05, but it was too hard. And 64 too soft. With 80 I am happy, this one is exactly in between.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Hi Petr, cool to see new pro players joining here :)

What would you say is your career's highlight and your best match?

Hi! Atlanta 96-Olympic Games and to thing just about one match, which should be the best one...not that easy. Maybe in 1991 WC quarter-final team event against China, we won 3:2!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
I always enjoyed watching you plaiying. Of course your short game and BH block down the line was always awsome, this block often reminds me another player (Waldner) who used it a lot. I have two questions:
1. What is your business know, since you are already retired?
2. What is the reason for chinese dominance for the last years? My opinion is that many players try to overcome chinese with countertopspinss, but it is almost impossible. I think better is to change strategy, sometimes counter sometimes block, so they never know.

Hi! Thx!

I am still playing in my own club in Czech League, have a Marketing and TT Company with 6 shops in Czech Republic.

Against Chinese, the European players should use the European way of thinking in the game, like did my generation of players in the past. Change strategy, tactic, variability etc.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Your playing career at the highest level has spanned a couple of generations. What are the main differences in strategy used today from when you played in the nineties?

Change of rules, and of course the ball. Also today's TT I would say, without "salt and pepper". Most of the games seems to look same...just open with the banana flick and then playing spin to spin. In the nineties we had more players with different types of style and more defence players and players using even short pimples as well.