Where to buy the 40+ ball in the UK.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Find the different 40+ balls here in the UK.

In the run-up to the ball change on June 1, there seems to be quite a bit of confusion as to where to buy the new 40+ balls in the UK. I too was confused, but decided to compile a list of the bigger online retailers and their offerings.

So… here goes. I hope it will help someone out there :)

40+ seamed DHS/DF clones are available from:
jarvissports.co.uk: Nittaku SHA, Donic

teessport.com: Butterfly, Andro, Nittaku SHA, DHS, Stiga, Joola
customtabletennis.co.uk: Stiga
thorntonstabletennis.co.uk: Stiga
bribartt.co.uk: Tibhar
topspintt.com: Donic, Nittaku SHA
tabletennisdirect.com: Butterfly, Nittaku SHA, Donic
globaltabletennis.com: Yasaka, Nittaku SHA, Donic
speedybatsports.co.uk: Stiga
milletsports.co.uk/table-tennis: Cornilleau
uktabletennis.co.uk: Cornilleau

40+ seamless Xushaofa clones are available from:
bribartt.co.uk: Xushaofa
teessport.com: STAG Karlsson
ppong.co.uk: Yinhe (and the club version of Xushaofa - similar to two-star quality)

The Nittaku Premium isn’t available anywhere in the UK at the moment.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Yep, I know what you mean.
It seems our local North London league will use both seamed and seamless and it will be up to the home team captain to decide which one to use in a given match. Talking to players, it seems most are leaning towards the XSF as it's much more durable and feel a bit closer to the old celluloid ball.
I think we'll be alright in the end :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yep, I know what you mean.
It seems our local North London league will use both seamed and seamless and it will be up to the home team captain to decide which one to use in a given match. Talking to players, it seems most are leaning towards the XSF as it's much more durable and feel a bit closer to the old celluloid ball.
I think we'll be alright in the end :)

I really hope that the message about seamless balls is getting through to the people who can make decisions on buying. Sounds like things are pretty positive down in London! I was at the Blackpool GP a few weeks ago and the number of breakages and odd bounces with the seamed Stiga 40+ was an absolute joke. I'd hate to have to use them every week.

I don't think our local league has actually made its mind up yet about allowing celluloid or not, so we could have all possible combinations of balls being used. It could be a horrible transitional season.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I played a league match last week with a XSF seamless, very good it was too. Much better than the seamed ones I have tried, its almost like real Table Tennis! (not when I play though)

Shout it from the rooftops! People need to speak up within their own local leagues. If enough leagues shun the seamed ball, maybe TTE will listen and try to move away from it too. Unlikely, but you never know.