Where to a Post Silly/Funny Question?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Hi. I wanted to ask some people more knowledgeable about table tennis than myself a funny question. If hobbits, dwarves, goblins and elves decided to play a round of table tennis together. I was considering writing a short story on the subject, as I am fond of table tennis and fantasy settings.

So, I would like to ask where this question would be appropriate on the forum? I was hoping to ask details of how diverse creatures might compete with each other, or if it would be at all plausible.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The troll also did battle with this Ninja Warrior called PingPongHolic. The Ninja had Nunchucks, Ninja Stars, and a mean Samurai Sword for weapons. He was almost unbeatable. You should have seen his Reverse Penhold Backhand with that sword. Unreal looping abilities.

Sent from my NinjaPhone using SpyTalk

Reactions: Der_Echte
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
I have considered goofy aspect like altering the size of the bats, but that might alter the fun of the sport too much.

What I was currently considering, was that if you had say an elf playing against a goblin, they play on a special table. The goblin's half has a raised floor to make up for the height difference. The goblin's half of the table is also shorter and narrower than the elf's. At the same time, the goblin's bat might be smaller both to match the goblin's hand size, and so that the bat to table size isn't changed.

The question is, could you play against someone with rules like this? While it might equalize the goblin's size issues, would it be difficult to play on an asymmetrical table?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
That video is great! It demonstrates that asymmetrical pingpong is possible. Starts giving a decisive advantage to the side with the shorter table after a while, so that is something to consider. You might need the table inbetween the perfect length for the goblins and humans, so that there is an equal disadvantage, or something to that nature.

I posted a thread in the general discussion. I hope it is an appropriate place for this. Unfortunately, I cannot post a link to the discussion yet.

Last edited: