Premium 3 star 40+

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2014
Read 2 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Premium 3 star 40+

i have played with this ball for some practices now and this is one of the new balls that I think I like the most. the most of the ball feels round with a good bounce and this ball feels much harder compared to other poly balls i have tried. in some way it also feels heavier when playing and i also got the impression that there is less spin in the ball but that goes in general for all the plasticballs on the market, the quality is good but some breaks a bit too easy when hitting the edge of the racket but it’s very durable compared to for example donic’s new ball that i had to change three times in one match. the nittaku 40+ is definitely a step in the right direction.

I did ordered a few boxes of 3 each , of all the new balls i got from different brands . This one is the most durable and the most feel compare to the old celluloid ball. i'll recommended to anyone. Oh yeah a bit heavy the ball tends to sink pretty fast .

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2015
Read 4 reviews

We are using these currently for our training and they are pretty durable.Furthermore by performing the strokes i realised that their quality is high.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews

I prefer to play with this ball over any other plastic ball, and I have tried all known types of plastic ball, and have played almost exclusively with plastic balls since April of 2014. I have had a bunch of these good Nittaku balls last for long periods of heavy play. They are smaller than other 40+ balls. They are also the lightest 40+ (weigh an average of 2.67 grams compared to 2.80 for Chinese seamed balls and 2.76 for XSF). They have slightly smaller diameter measured with calipers. Seam is very very small and only can be seen if you shine light through them. They are dusty out of the box. In my opinion, these balls provide the best overall playing experience and without any doubt are the most like celluloid. I have been using them more than any other ball since June of this year. They are expensive (but less than Butterfly G40+). For a long time they were back ordered everywhere but that is not a problem now.

Everybody at my club, from Jimmy Butler, Niraj Oak, Viktor Subonj and Darko Rap (all current or former US team members) to ordinary guys like me would rather play with these balls than any other if playing properties are the only criteria.

I hope these are the ones that will become the standard for competition.

Reactions: AndySmith and Dan
This user has no status.

The Nittaku Premium is the only poly ball that i like. It feels more like a celluloid ball than all the others combine.

I'm having many problems to adjust to the new ball and this one is the only i can play like i used to with the cell balls. It's very perfect round and hard. I bought a pack of 6 and train almost every day and still didn't break one.

It's a real shame that i can't use this ball in the tournaments in Portugal.

It's very expensive. 9€ for six balls is ridiculous. It's also slower than the cell ball but faster than all the other poly balls.

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Premium 3 star 40+

Miles beyond any other 40+ ball out there at the moment. Very consistent trajectory and bounce. Behaves like a celluloid ball in terms of feel and reaction off your racket, although with noticeably less spin. Speed feels the same as celluloid, maybe even faster sometimes.

I actually prefer this ball to the celluloid 40mm, only because it's easier to counter-loop, predict ball flight, and control the ball in extended rallies. I've played with mine a ton, and only a few broke after many hours of play, or if caught on exposed wooden edge of blade during a mis-hit.

Difficult to come by and very expensive when you are able to find. This is pretty much the only 40+ ball I play matches with. Distant 2nd place is the seamless XuShaofa 40+

This user has no status.

The Nittaku Premium 40+ is a huge improvement over the previous XSF and DHS balls. This ball feels heavier and more solid compared to to the previously mentioned ones. The speed and spin is also superior. Haven't had any roundness issues until now. It also doesn't have the bothering sound of the XSF balls. The only minus is that NP40+ is more expensive than the XSF and the DHS ones.

Edit 7/2016 : These balls are very consistent and have a predictable bounce. They can last even longer than cell balls if you don't hit many edges. If you hit the ball with the edge quite often, it can break very-very fast, this being the biggest vulnerability of all plastic balls. Even if the XSF balls seem more durable, the NP are definitely more pleasing to play with.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Read 3 reviews

I have been using this ball for about 4 months i think i have only broken one. I think its the best plastic ball so far

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 3 reviews
1 out of 5 rating for Premium 3 star 40+

Not the best experience i had with this ball..Breaks very easily, inconsistent roundness and have very soft feeling.

This user has no status.

From my understanding the 40+ ball was introduced to make the game more competitive by slowing down the speed a tad. I think they achieved their goal. Longer rallies do make the game more enjoyable to both play (recreational) and watch. With that being said my 40+ review will try only to consist of comparisons with other 40+ balls.

The 3 star Nittaku 40+ Premium is the cream of the crop. Unlike other balls the weight and hardness make this ball the absolute best. Other 40+ balls that you will indeed come across will be lighter, they'll be more floaty, and they'll take way more effort to produce quality spin with control in placement. In fact the other 40+ balls, with the exception of one, will nearly be impossible to control consistently. The Nittaku is truly a 3 star ball. Other balls, with the exception of one (butterfly G40), seem to be 2 star if not 1 star balls which were accidentally tagged as 3 star balls.

Serves = fantastic (DHS came close but Nittaku is still better)
Rallies = superb
Touch play = consistent (you will need to remember this ball is bigger than a 38 and thus slight more bouncy)
Spin = excellent (just watch the pro players popping balls up, they're not trying to. Lol)
Close to table play = excellent quality and consistent trajectory
Off table play = cuts through the wind (yes it's slower than the smaller balls previously used, but again the weight and hardness of the ball makes off the table play direct and you'll have confidence in your shot making ability)

Now for the bad - You can buy a 3 pack and not get one round ball (Nittaku better step it up, especially if they are going to charge roughly $3 per ball). You can buy a 12 pack and get roughly 3 to 4 round balls (maybe). And that's with being lenient and not over scrutinizing the balls chosen. Some very picky players I've seen reject some balls that I accept. But it just goes to show that there is somewhat of a tradeoff. Excellent playing properties sometimes have to come at the sacrifice of a perfectly spherical ball. But that's my only down side...oh, I almost forgot the price. $3 per ball makes you cringe when the ball is accidently stepped on. Ouch!

Having tried so many Poly balls - the 3 Star Nittaku Premium 40+, along with the Seamless XuShaoFa Premium 3 Star 40+, is quite simply the best ball out there. I'd probably rate the Nittaku only very slightly ahead of the XuShaoFa premium ball. Recently played a tournament in Australia and the nominated ball was the Double Fish 3 Star. However many players brought their own Nittaku Premium balls, including myself, and when possible we played with those.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
Read 3 reviews

We tested alot of the new three star poly balls in my club to find the best one for league play and we decided on the Nittaku 3* Poly Ball.

If i had to chose my favourite 40+ ball it would be this one.

It plays smiliar to a celluloid ball. The bounce height seems to be constant and not too high or too low, much better than balls from XuShaoFa.
The ball are very round and have all around the same hardness.

Still the ball suffers from one of the big poly ball problems: Durability

Bad durability together with the high price is a costly combination.

Still i think the Nittaku 3* Ball is the best choice if you want a poly ball.

I hope my review could help you in any way :)

This user has no status.

So far this poly ball hasn't let me down yet.
It is slower than the celluloid balls but not to a degree that will affect my gameplay a lot like Kinson balls(these balls are super hard n slow -.-)
It is pretty decent for poly ball but the price is a real shocker.
Obviously these balls will be great in competition play but not great to buy for multiballs and training.

This user has no status.

This ball plays the closest to the 40mm celluloid ball which is what we thought would be the logical goal when then balls changed. Sadly, every other ball takes adaptation to play as the characteristics are so different. The NP40+ however feels just like the old balls and is pleasurable to play with. Unfortunately I think Nittaku priced themselves out of the club markets as it seems the cheaper ones are selected for club play. If the plastic balls were to follow a standard, I would vote the NP40+.

This user has no status.

I've used lots of 40+ balls for trainings and competition, but for me this is the only ball that is really good in QUALITY like good old celluloid balls. If you take other balls box of 6, you can throw off half of them because they're unplayable (not round and soft) at a higher level, like topspin to topspin. These are all perfect round and hard. They are more expensive, but it's worth to pay extra money, because it breaks 2-3x less. For example if you take Xushaofa - it's enough to hit harder one time with corner of the blade to break it. This premium ball will break only after 3-4 corners. Also lots of world top players (Ovtcharov, Boll, Samsonov) said they would like to play all competitions with these balls. I can say the same.