Shakehand Grip Variations

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is also worth noting that the coach and the higher level players all said the same thing to you about your grip. My guess is, they know more than the lower level players who haven't said anything.

You have to decide for yourself. But learning the grip the coach is showing you would probably make it so there are a bunch of things you will be able to do that you can't do right now.

It will be hard. It will take some work. But you would have to commit to changing the grip and not going back to the old one. Once you are used to it, the ball will go where you want. But that won't happen till you really commit to learning how to play with the new grip.

The exercises I mentioned would help you get used to the grip. But you have to do the work of getting used to and familiar with hitting with the new grip in your own way. If the methods I described help, that is great. But you have to figure out a way to get used to the grip for yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I will, there is no other choice and not going back, if many keep talking about it then it means it is wrong, and another coach one said: "if it is wrong from beginning then it is wrong forever", so because of that i have to force myself to use and get used or adjust with the new grip even if it is very hard from beginning, in fact i do use this grip they told me fine but not for long or say not for many strokes, it lasts mostly 4-10 seconds then it changed automatically and i keep blaming myself, if only hit very slowly and one or 2 balls it is fine and it didn't change, but when i play faster and longer and change from FH to BH and so it never stay as i started with.

Anyway, i will follow your exercises you mentioned and try not change the grip even if i lose all the points or strokes until it became natural in my hand one day or another.