Which poly ball should you choose?

I used joola polly ball. Its weight is good and also good for playing.
Joola ball is good and its prize is also good.
It is also very oft ball.
I would have to agree with you there, its cheaper than most poly balls, it is very durable (in comparison to poly balls) and out of the ones ive used seems consistently round. the Joola Super - P is like an upgraded butterly 3 star poly ball.
Best Poly ball, tho xushaofa seemless 3 star arent bad either.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
My CEO just shipped me 10 boxes of NEXY Poly Ball, so I gotta pimp those.

This seamless ball is on the extreme upper end of ALLOWBLE spec and plays on the hard side of feel.

Very solid feel at impact with a true bounce.

No one really liked the ball changing into this poly ball business, but you can't ask for much more than a true bounce and a solid, heavy feel.

In Korea, I would go through 2-3 six packs of quality *** CELLULOID balls a month, I made it a month playing in Boston with TWO poly balls. Even if the new poly balls cost a bit more than cell balls (ours are 1.5x more expensive than a quality 6er pack of Celluloid balls) they last longer, provide a true bounce and overall, are a better value over the course of a month.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
More plastic ball news today.

Joola have gone for a seamless option - from the ITTF's ball list:

Joola Flash *** - Plastic Seamless - Made in China.

Also, I'm sure many members will have received an email from their regional Butterfly agents along these lines:

Butterfly Announce New 3 Star 40+ Plastic Ball Made in Germany
Most of the feedback that we have received from our customers over the last year has been concern about the quality, performance, durability and cost of the 40+ plastic balls. Good news is on the way.

Butterfly, the world famous manufacturer, have announced the launch of a new Butterfly plastic ball range manufactured in Germany. Up to now all of the plastic balls have been manufactured in China – both the ones with and without a seam.

The new Butterfly 3 Star 40+ is scheduled to be available next month. It’s round, hard, durable, has a higher bounce and is at a cost which is much closer to the current celluloid Butterfly 3 Star. Butterfly, who have exclusivity over all of the production of this particular ball, predict that it will quickly become the most popular ball worldwide. Butterfly will be selling it everywhere, including both in Japan and China. The quantities available should be sufficient to meet the demand.

This could be the answer that we have all been hoping for.

With Butterfly the new ball will be at three levels:

a) The Butterfly 3 Star 40+ which has an introductory price of

Box of 3 £3.99
Box of 12 £15.75
Box of 72 £95.00
b) The Butterfly 40+ training ball with an introductory price
Box of 72 £34.99 (one size only)
c) The Easy 40+ hobby ball targeted mainly at the recreational market with an introductory price of:
Box of 6 £1.99
Box of 120 £39.50

So BTY will have TWO seamed plastic balls - one rebranded Made in China Double Fish, and one exclusive Made in Germany Weener. Doesn't seem to be on the ITTF's list yet though....

Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I know everyone is saying "XSF Clone" and I know what everyone means. I would just say XSF ball. Why? The word "Clone" implies that they produced a replica themselves. When really, they didn't. It is a XSF ball that has a different companies branding on it. [emoji2]

So all the companies that are selling seamless balls have good quality balls and they are the same. They are rebranded XSF balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I know everyone is saying "XSF Clone" and I know what everyone means. I would just say XSF ball. Why? The word "Clone" implies that they produced a replica themselves. When really, they didn't. It is a XSF ball that has a different companies branding on it. [emoji2]

So all the companies that are selling seamless balls have good quality balls and they are the same. They are rebranded XSF balls.

Sent from my i-Phone using Tapatalk

When did Pnatchwey bodysnatch UPDC? Until the real Carl shows up, your name is UPDC...

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When did Pnatchwey bodysnatch UPDC? Until the real Carl shows up, your name is UPDC...

Hahaha. Exactly.

Now I guess I should rant about why everybody is wrong calling them XSF Clones and insist nobody knows what they are talking about and how everyone should say it my way and get into some real "myth busting".

Then I will post a video where you can't see anything but my racket while I slap the ball repeatedly and claim I am looping because my tangential bla bla bla....what was I saying?????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hahaha. Exactly.

Now I guess I should rant about why everybody is wrong calling them XSF Clones and insist nobody knows what they are talking about and how everyone should say it my way and get into some real "myth busting".

Then I will post a video where you can't see anything but my racket while I slap the ball repeatedly and claim I am looping because my tangential bla bla bla....what was I saying?????

Sent from my i-Phone using Tapatalk

Slapping backspin looping is not easy. It takes real talent to do slap backspin and think you are looping. Not for ordinary well adjusted mortals like yourself, UpSideDownCarl... welcome back!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Slapping backspin looping is not easy. It takes real talent to do slap backspin and think you are looping. Not for ordinary well adjusted mortals like yourself, UpSideDownCarl... welcome back!

I guess you have to believe in the loop fairy. Hahaha.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Thanks Andy! I've added it to the collection in the first post. :)

Would appreciate if anyone would post playing characteristics for the Butterfly G40+ here in the future. Would be good to see how it compares to the other poly balls.

On a side note, I've also added full names for most balls as there may be some confusion. They are all 40+, but which ones are seamed or seamless? For example for:

Joola Super-P (seamed)
Joola Flash (seamless)

Tibhar SYN TT (seamed)
Tibhar SYN SL (seamless)​

Hope it helps :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Nittaku 40+ premium is already out in the market. Quality is way better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Some people like them (I do), some people don't. Depends on your play style.

One thing for sure - they are far more expensive, and supply has been patchy.