Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Here. Look what I just got in the mail:

IMG_0646.jpg

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Swag is gunna getter with moar time.

I think out of those blades, he will like the Kim Jung Hoon the most, closely followed by the excellent Arirang.

Heck, they are ALL great blades, but these two play right into the sweet spot Carl has for feel and not overpowering speed at medium strokes.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
We sometimes have to explain it on the forums occasionally, but the Nexy line of blades has "Dual Impact" designed as a more, or less more prominent feature of the balde.

That means the blades have gears to different extents.

That means it is MISSION IMPOSSIBLE to assign an overall speed rating to the blades. Even the fast blades have a low gear.

That means you will have to read the description and see if it is suitable for playing preferences.

Since it is impossible to place a hard number on feel, you wont see the speed ratings from us, but in reviews, you will see how it performs in different shot situations.

FEEL is a very IMPORTANT part of a blade many players do not consider, some do that, but most do not. They tend to discover the importance of that as their playing career develops.

Carl isn't an elite level amature (nor am I) but he can sure detect differences in the feel and performance at impact the very first few minutes. I have hit with a few of his setups that he likes and got a good idea of what Carl likes. Carl can get the job done with just about anything, but his tastes and preferences are (rightfully) pretty picky.

SO... I say all that to tell you all that Carl isn't gunna pick up any ole blade and call it his own. You look at the blades he operates regularly (he has a LOT of them, but it takes a really special good blade to make it into his blade group) you will see they are all great timeless blades with a premium on feel at impact and comfort.

What is good for Carl (or me) might not be as good for some other schmo, because we are all different. I can get along just fine with Carl's preferences just fine, I place a similar value on the same things he does, but I got just a little more wild side. (You could never guess, right?) (and you gotta consider Carl can become a pretty dang wild dude when he gets a mind to it)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I got to try the Oscar, the Arirang and the Kim Jung Hoon blades today. The Kim Jung Hoon blade is really nice. I liked the Oscar as well. Arirang felt a little light to me but played very nicely. Good feeling with the Arylate/Carbon. Both the Oscar and the Arirang, which have Arylate/Carbon, have good feel, especially for a blade with Carbon. And I am not normally a fan of blades with Carbon.

Any news about the Nexy Zealot ? When it will be released ? I wanna try many Nexy blades (tried the Oscar so far) but the Zealot is my very first "target", I can explain it like "love at first sight", it is becomming an obsession, please Der_Echte, gimme more data on Zealot, my tt-player instinct can't wait anymore !!!!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
LOL - yes, perfect. I would have added more explosions and sound effects, but the words are spot on.

Go ahead and pls give me a proposed description :D

I have in previous reviews on TT forums stated that such and such equipment...

...on powerloops will allow you to hit through your opponent leaving a 40 mm entry wound and the shot will proceed towards and through the 3 ft concrete wall leaving a wicked vapor trail in its wake and a sonic boom upon exit of the venue.

Did what you have in mind fall something along those lines?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
New toys to add to the collection:

IMG_0794.jpg

Extra special, secret, one of a kind ball case pictured at the top. I definitely needed the secret handshake to get that model that nobody else has ever seen.

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
That Tibhar Kimg Jung Hoon, Osp Virtuso+, and maybe the Nexy Airang, I want to try those so bad lol.
Though, I have to say I am a bit interested in the other Nexy blades as well like, the Qabod, Calix II, PeterPan and wew, the Chedech (they even have it in CP) but, the price...
I would love to see a comperance review between those three.
(Kim Jung Hoon, Virtuoso+ and the Airang)
As I Might buy one of them when I can afford one. :rolleyes:
And including Airang simply because then I can compare further with the ttdaily video review. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl