• Nittaku

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Cornilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
I still dont get why are people relentlessly searching for the absolute best in a sport that deviates so much between individuals.

Be it equipment, styles, strokes, players blah blah blah you name it.

The thing is, there simply isn't a best when it comes to table tennis. There isn't even a clear-cut "Best player in the world" at any point of time (please please pleaseeeee dont come at me yelling "ZJK IN 2011-2013!!!11!!". He was still very much beatable by ML even at that point), much less when it comes to equipment which is very dependent on personal preferences.

This user has no status.
Butterfly is good but expensive. Good blades and rubbers. Donic: Good blades and rubbers and not as expensive as butterfly. Xiom: Good blades and rubbers. Stiga: very good blades but the rubbers are not that good. Tibhar Andro are good overall. Especially the Evolution Series. DHS nice blades and good rubbers but not that durable. My impressions. I prefer Donic and Xiom rubbers and Stiga blades.

Reactions: Equaaz
I have voted "other", my vote going for the best "bang for bucks" manufacturers : Yasaka and Joola. They provide premium quality for cheap price. Just try a Yasaka Extra Special, it is the same composition and same premium quality as Nittaku Barwell, but unlike the Barwell, the price is not "premium".

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Double Happiness is the best company. The prices are just too reasonable and the product quality is fantastic. It's the only company that offers cheap, mid range and expensive shit. If you want to experience Ma Long/Xu Xin/Wang Hao blades, no problem, PG series for fraction of the price. How about modern hybrid rubber like Tenergy/Bluefire/Rasant/Evolution, it's fine we got the Hurricane. Want good quality ball performance to price ratio? DHS 3 stars! My other choice would have to be Friendship but they need more expensive high range products. The chinese companies offer better value than anybody else and you don't need to go online to read reviews, you can just buy it and test it without breaking the bank like Butterfly (moto: "once in a life time" "we like triple digits" "make distribution harder, to keep our prices higher")

Reactions: mahomedy13
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
Double Happiness is the best company. The prices are just too reasonable and the product quality is fantastic. It's the only company that offers cheap, mid range and expensive shit. If you want to experience Ma Long/Xu Xin/Wang Hao blades, no problem, PG series for fraction of the price. How about modern hybrid rubber like Tenergy/Bluefire/Rasant/Evolution, it's fine we got the Hurricane. Want good quality ball performance to price ratio? DHS 3 stars! My other choice would have to be Friendship but they need more expensive high range products. The chinese companies offer better value than anybody else and you don't need to go online to read reviews, you can just buy it and test it without breaking the bank like Butterfly (moto: "once in a life time" "we like triple digits" "make distribution harder, to keep our prices higher")

Extremely relevent in regards to keeping costs low,but getting quality(not all the time)products

This user has no status.
I have different brands and i will give each more time, but definitely my first choice is Butterfly, have some blades and rubbers from then, but i give another brands a go too to see and experiment, so far happy with one DHS blade and 2 Tibhar rubbers, not sure about Stiga blade yet but it didn't fall too far behind Butterfly blades, even it is better than some BTY blades, so the time will tell about the brands items i have.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I prefer Stiga Blades and Yasaka rubbers. Yasaka delivers premium quality at a low price. The Mark V is imo the best rubber in history.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
The brand is more than just the product. It actually influences how you consider the product. Consumers often give very different responses in feedback to products when they don't actually know the product they are testing because the branding has been removed. That's the power of marketing and the brand and why some can command higher prices than others.

Also it doesn't stay the same each year, each company innovates to catch and overtake the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
If you had all material from all brands for free, I'd say all rubbers and blades were good(I'm saying this without looking to quality factor). But with price, I'd say butterfly is the better. In my club, I'm the only guy with butterfly Rubbers and blade. The others are always complayning about their rubbers durability, and I have my Tenergy 05 rubbers since August 2014 kkkk and they're in a good state, still playable with spin and speed(Booster helps ahahaha). With the new poly ball, the rubbers grip durability decrease, so if you can play with a less tacky and spinny rubber, better! Tenergy 05 is not so grippy like Rasant PowerGrip, Omega V or other rubbers. At economical side Butterfly has high price, but for high durability and quality.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I would not say that there is any best brand since it's all personal preference like Mahomedy13 wrote. Me personally like stiga when it comes to blades and I also like the Airoc series. Tenergy is of course also super but Butterflys prices overall is to high and sadly it's not often their products are for sale. Nittaku got the best balls in my opinion. I also want to put an extra plus for stiga since they seems to be very friendly and took Dan to China and could share their awesome trip, something I would like to see that other brands took after!

This user has no status.
From the last 5 post here, it was mentioned as Stiga blades are preferable, so how come?

I have only 1 Stiga blade and it is not the best blade i have out of the other i have, it may come third or forth, maybe second sharing with another blade, but not first, so what in Stiga blade that you prefer it?