• Nittaku

Votes: 14 14.4%
  • Cornilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 11 11.3%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
For me it's the feeling and the craftsmanship I like with their blades and also the Carbonado that I'm using right now works very well with my game style. But like I wrote it's all very personal. How is your top five list than? :)

I see, good to know.

Ok, about my top 5 list of what i have already are:

1. DHS H. Hao 3
2. BTY Jun Mizutani [ZLC old version]
3. Stiga Carbonado
4. BTY Zhang Jike [blue dragon]
5. BTY Primorac EX

And when i said I may put Carbonado 3rd or forth, it will be with BTY ZJK blade, sometimes i prefer the quality of ZJK over that Carbonado, but i bought Carbonado with ANA handle which is better for me.

If i have to list it as brand only and not as mdoel type of the blade the from above list you can see that DHS came first and BTY has 3 options in top 5, Stiga will be third definitely.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
For me it's the feeling and the craftsmanship I like with their blades and also the Carbonado that I'm using right now works very well with my game style. But like I wrote it's all very personal. How is your top five list than? :)

From the blades I've tried:

1 - Kong Linghui Special
2 - Viscaria
3 - Timo Boll ALC
4 - BTY Moonbeam
5 - Innerforce ZLC

also tried TBS, but mine was too head heavy for me

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Okay, this may not be the "best" company, but, hands down, it is my favorite: OSP Palatinus: http://ospblades.com

They are old fashioned, hand made, hand crafted blades. When you order a blade from them, they make the blade after you order. Their blades are amazing. The best feel from an all wood blade. Far better than the blades Stiga has made in the last 15 years. These blades feel like the old Stiga blades. They are able to duplicate that old fashioned Swedish craftsmanship but updated for today's game.

When you order you can ask for special, specific things like the weight you want the blade, the head size. I even got them to custom a blade with different plies than any of the ones they offer.

I have emailed Laszlo Peli (one of the OSP founders) many times and he has been exceptionally helpful.

Because they hand craft every blade, the quality control is through the roof. Way better than any of the big companies could hope to have.

But their customer relations are through the roof as well. One guy who is a forum member from the MyTT forum had something happen to the handle of his blade and they had him send it back and they just made him a new one with the same specs.

For me, that level of concern and care shown towards their customers is second to none.

One thing to understand when you order from them, it takes about a week for them to make your blade. The shipping used to be a little slow but now you can have them ship it by FedEX 48 hour delivery. But personally, I don't care if I wait for something if it is exactly what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And Tareq, the thing about Stiga blades, they make very good all wood blades with a lot of feeling, a good crisp feel, this feeling of snap when you hit the ball, a feeling like the ball is sinking into the wood and the wood is biting the ball. And that quality actually helps you get more spin. It has to do with special techniques the Swedes have for blade making that causes many companies to have certain blades made in Sweden. Nittaku and Yasaka have certain blades made in Sweden. Joola has blades that they offer which are made in Sweden.

The only blades Butterfly makes that are as good as the all wood blades I am talking about are all composite blades and most of them have both carbon and materials like arylate or zylon with the carbon. Their best all wood blades are good but do not have the kind of crispness and snap I am talking about.

This user has no status.
And Tareq, the thing about Stiga blades, they make very good all wood blades with a lot of feeling, a good crisp feel, this feeling of snap when you hit the ball, a feeling like the ball is sinking into the wood and the wood is biting the ball. And that quality actually helps you get more spin. It has to do with special techniques the Swedes have for blade making that causes many companies to have certain blades made in Sweden. Nittaku and Yasaka have certain blades made in Sweden. Joola has blades that they offer which are made in Sweden.

The only blades Butterfly makes that are as good as the all wood blades I am talking about are all composite blades and most of them have both carbon and materials like arylate or zylon with the carbon. Their best all wood blades are good but do not have the kind of crispness and snap I am talking about.

I see, because i have one all wood blade from Butterfly and the coach liked it, which is Primorac EX, he is using Primorac OFF- or the normal one and always keep talking about the feeling, so not sure if Stiga has the same feeling or better he was talking about, i already have JM and ZJK normal ones, and i like them, but i didn't compare them to any Stiga all wood because i don't have one yet, but i have the Carbonado and somehow it is good enough but not so special or better than Butterfly blades i already have, but sure it is a nice blade and i still use it.

So which Stiga blade all wood you recommend that you think has that quality and feeling and crispness?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I see, because i have one all wood blade from Butterfly and the coach liked it, which is Primorac EX, he is using Primorac OFF- or the normal one and always keep talking about the feeling, so not sure if Stiga has the same feeling or better he was talking about, i already have JM and ZJK normal ones, and i like them, but i didn't compare them to any Stiga all wood because i don't have one yet, but i have the Carbonado and somehow it is good enough but not so special or better than Butterfly blades i already have, but sure it is a nice blade and i still use it.

So which Stiga blade all wood you recommend that you think has that quality and feeling and crispness?

I have to be honest, I don't know if you would get it. Maybe you would. But maybe you wouldn't.

You could try a Rosewood XO, or a Rosewood NCT V or a Clipper that weighs about 95 grams.

Or you could try a Tube Allround or an Allround Evolution.

This user has no status.
I have to be honest, I don't know if you would get it. Maybe you would. But maybe you wouldn't.

You could try a Rosewood XO, or a Rosewood NCT V or a Clipper that weighs about 95 grams.

Or you could try a Tube Allround or an Allround Evolution.

What do you mean by that?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, everyone feels things differently. Usually people who have been playing a long time feel the subtle differences between woods. And people who have not, don't. If I handed you an all wood blade that was made of Hinoki, another that was made with Limba and Ayous, and another that had a Koto top ply, I am not sure you would be able to feel what makes each of them good or even what makes them different. You are playing for a very short time and I think all the blades you have tried and really seem to like are composite blades. It seems that there are no all wood blades that made you go "wow".

And I have also seen you write that you don't know what people are talking about when they say the word "feeling" about a blade. Well, usually carbon blades don't have the same amount of feeling as wood blades. What you feel with composite blades is that the ball really goes. The carbon actually deadens your ability to feel the ball. With a well constructed wood blade you feel the way the wood caresses the ball. Not sure you would know what made the old Stiga blades from the 70s 80s and 90s feel amazing.

You might. But I am not so sure. Especially based on what you do like.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well, everyone feels things differently. Usually people who have been playing a long time feel the subtle differences between woods. And people who have not, don't. If I handed you an all wood blade that was made of Hinoki, another that was made with Limba and Ayous, and another that had a Koto top ply, I am not sure you would be able to feel what makes each of them good or even what makes them different. You are playing for a very short time and I think all the blades you have tried and really seem to like are composite blades. It seems that there are no all wood blades that made you go "wow".

And I have also seen you write that you don't know what people are talking about when they say the word "feeling" about a blade. Well, usually carbon blades don't have the same amount of feeling as wood blades. What you feel with composite blades is that the ball really goes. The carbon actually deadens your ability to feel the ball. With a well constructed wood blade you feel the way the wood caresses the ball. Not sure you would know what made the old Stiga blades from the 70s 80s and 90s feel amazing.

You might. But I am not so sure. Especially based on what you do like.

I have that feeling you are talking about with Primorac EX, it is something like when i play a PlayStation Joystick with vibration and without vibration, just when i tested that Primorac EX i suddenly can feel the ball or when i hit the ball, while with my composite blades it is not there, some kind of vibration with that Primorac, is this what do you mean by feeling?

Also i didn't test that Yasaka Extra yet which is all wood too, i have N-11 but the feeling is not there but i am sure it is there, maybe the rubber killed that feeling, but sounds i have many composite blades so i couldn't have that feeling yet except with Primorac EX, sooner or later i would like to test Yasaka Extra which i bought only because it was cheap with good offer, but what about DHS Hurricane Long 3 which is all wood? very fast blade.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I notice that you have hijacked another thread to change the subject from what brand you feel is best to finding out what good feeling from an all wood blade means. Hahaha. You really are quite a character. But I admire your rabid thirst for knowledge and understanding.

The Primorac Off- has decent feeling. Probably the Primorac EX has good feeling as well. But Butterfly blades that have good feeling have a different kind of good feeling than the Swedish made all wood blades.

The Yasaka Extra is made in Sweden. Try it. It won't be fast but that may have the good feeling with the softness and at the same time the crisp snap that I am talking about.

But if you really want to feel what I am talking about you would order an OSP Virtuoso + (Plus) and ask them to make it about 90 grams and get medium sized head. After a week of play that will have better feeling than anything else you can get on the market.

Again, my favorite brand for reasons explained above--including the fact that the blades are hand made AFTER you order them--is OSP: http://ospblades.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Well, sorry for hijacking other threads, but let's make my posts as part of the thread, it is about best brand, so why not talk what make them best such as feeling of blades, now you talked or others they prefer Stiga blades, isn't it this making Stiga as better brand than others for blades, so talking about feeling is just one part of the blade which is also another part of "best" topic overall, we can go more deeper or details and talk about clothes too and balls and cleaner and glue and...etc, so if i just brought a feeling as one issue it shouldn't hurt much, we can always go back to the original topic if we gone off-topic suddenly.

I will look at your recommendation, who knows, it may change my mind about rackets a bit, and about Yasaka, i know it is not fast, and who said i must buy all my rackets to be fast? i did read about it before i buy and knew it is not fast.

And somehow the link you posted doesn't work for me, something wrong?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
By the way, 2 other blades you could try for top flight feeling, and these you would probably understand better if you can handle the weight:

1) OSP Martin with a specific request for a weight of 94 grams or higher.

2) Stiga Clipper with a weight of 95 grams or higher.

With either of those blades you would get the exquisite feeling and they would be pretty close to the speed of a lot of those Carbon blades you tend to like. But they would have one more advantage aside from the feeling. The extra weight would give you a lot of extra inertia and power behind your shots.

I think you would actually love either of those blades.

This user has no status.
Thanks!

either of blades i can afford, if you prefer OSP then why not this, will see later, and then hope to choose rubbers to complete the racket and be happy with it.

Until now, i am still happy with my DHS, sounds this brand doing great job in their products so far, and hope this will make more options of choices, Butterfly have different items in all categories, regardless of their high prices but they indeed have the quality.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
If price is not a factor there is no doubt that Butterfly products are amazing for workmanship and finish. Durability should not be a factor with rubbers, but play-ability and feel should be and I doubt many will complain that Butterfly rubbers are bad on those two fronts. I don't have a favorite manufacturers though I do have favorite blades and rubbers from many manufacturers. I love the Chinese Real and the Yoshida Kaii blades for close to the table play. I love the Nittaku Violin for it's amazing feel and its ability to loop anything.

I love the Darker Speed 90 for its soft touch and its raw explosive power. I love the Yinhe M6 for its ability to a do bit of everything quite well and still be so cheap.

I love the Dawei IQUL rubber for the same reason. It is good at everything, great at nothing and so cheap. I love the Donic Coppa rubbers. I love the 729 FX Lightning and also the Sriver and Mark V.

I love Nittaku balls even though they are expensive.

And this is just a small example from stuff I own.

If forced to choose a company or manufacturer, it would have to be Darker because they make the blade that is hands down my favorite, the one-ply Hinoki 10mm Speed 90. But again, I am basically talking about a specific product.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews

My understanding is that Yasaka is making their blades in Tranås in the old Stiga factory. It's an extremely small town so my guess is that it's essentially the same people (i.e. same craftsmanship) that used to make the Stiga blades prior to them going bankrupt in the 90ies.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
My understanding is that Yasaka is making their blades in Tranås in the old Stiga factory. It's an extremely small town so my guess is that it's essentially the same people (i.e. same craftsmanship) that used to make the Stiga blades prior to them going bankrupt in the 90ies.

You could be right. They have a very old history of combined bats. I have some very old Stiga premades with Yasaka rubbers on them. They are so old that they are older than the red/black rubber rule.