European Loop vs Chinese Loop?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
And on that same vid, Schlager seems to spend half the vid talking about serves. He really emphasizes to contact the ball near the center of the bat sweet spot... Schlager said he wasn't good enough to impact the ball near the tip of bat to get more speed and easier accelleration. He stresses that you have to make your hand go fast (accelerate) and the right feel.

Schlager gives so many good nuggets in his training vid about serves it is good to watch over and over.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
And on that same vid, Schlager seems to spend half the vid talking about serves. He really emphasizes to contact the ball near the center of the bat sweet spot... Schlager said he wasn't good enough to impact the ball near the tip of bat to get more speed and easier accelleration. He stresses that you have to make your hand go fast (accelerate) and the right feel.

Schlager gives so many good nuggets in his training vid about serves it is good to watch over and over.
Are you trying to say we should take Schlager more seriously than Pnatchwey? Seriously?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I have to say, Der_Echte and Pnatchtwey jumping off the Brooklyn Bridge in tandem. Wow. I mean....WOW.

Hopefully there were no Brazilian Thongs involved there.

Hopefully the tension fairy was there to watch. But I think that momentous occasion could have decimated a whole generation of goon squad baddies. Probably disintegrating them on the spot the way that army of skeletal Abe Gold gladiators took out that whole legion of goon squaders a few days ago.

But the best defense against the goon squad is this:

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
This thread isn't about CN or EU loops anymore. It is only about getting a me. OK but you guys are embarrassing yourselves.
In before someone re-post's Werner Schlager's speech about serves from hiz decade or so old training vid where he tells us that to make spin, one must catch the ball and accelerate while it is on bat to make spin. He clearly states it isn't about fast bat speed, but a very rapid acceleration at the right moment with the right touch.
First lets see the quote or the video so we all know what was really said so I don't needlessly call Schlager an idiot, for spreading more myths, just because you misquoted him just like you and Rajah misquoted me.
Second, did you even bother to search for the speed after impact formula?
Third, serving is a special situation that can be analyzed more carefully since the ball should be dropping vertically with no spin. It makes the initial conditions simple. Do a search for Rodney Cross and bouncing balls. There is a more complicated formula for computing the spin on the ball using the COR and conservation of angular momentum.
This is good stuff to study. Its up to you. You can perpetuate TT myths or become educated.
Now it is clear that you don't seem to think it is about paddle speed. The goon squad better find the picture of the spin or should it be the acceleration fairy.

Show us a video of a good server where the server doesn't move his paddle before contact so the paddle is at 0 speed at contact but accelerating if speed isn't important. We are waiting. Most often it is a case where what the server thinks he is doing is not what he is actually doing.

Reactions: SquareBall
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Pnatchtwey, relax. If you didn't realize it, Der_Echte is just clowning around and having some fun. You already know he respects you.

But I am going to jump on the bouncing ball theme and post a video:

How about them bouncing baubles!!!!!

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
In before someone re-post's Werner Schlager's speech about serves from hiz decade or so old training vid where he tells us that to make spin, one must catch the ball and accelerate while it is on bat to make spin. He clearly states it isn't about fast bat speed, but a very rapid acceleration at the right moment with the right touch.
Find the video or quote. We are waiting.
It would be a shame to put Schlager on my list of idiots. The list is too long already.
You didn't look up Rodney Cross's work did you? No you did not. It is easy to repeat myths than do some research. Show me where acceleration is used in the conservation of momentum.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2015
Read 4 reviews
the difference between those two styles looks to me mainly to the beginning of the motion of the forehand, straighter arm for chinese players and more bent for europeen.

The chinese motion is a bit more wider, isn't it ? tacky chinese rubbers need it ...

Boll's FH is so particular, nobody else is playing so. It's a particular case I feel.