Looking for a faster Stiga Infinity

This user has no status.
Hi folks,

I have been using the Stiga Infinity with Adidas P7 on fh and Adidas Tenzone on bh. This setup works really well for me and I can get good speed if I can fully commit to my stroke and lean hard on it. But I hurt my back recently and it has affected my flexibility. As a result I cannot get the same pace out of my shots.

I am just wondering if there is faster blade than Infinity but with the same feel and control. I still prefer to use the P7 and Tenzone if it is possible.

The brands that are readily available in my country are Stiga, Adidas, Joola, and Xiom.

Thank you for your help.

This user has no status.
I would recommend you to call a physio that therapies your back and take a break from training. A too fast blade will destroy your technique and because of its very short impacttime it will force you to do very short impactfull movements that are really bad to back injuries. If your injury lasts you should consider a racket that gives you the possibility to keep the ballcontact longer and allows you to do a bit lesser twitching movements, faster doesn't imply better

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2012
Clipper classic is fairly similar with a notch up in speed, but it may be a bit stiffer owing to the 7-ply construction instead of 5. Every clipper feels a little different and you're bound to find one that suits your needs.

i agree with Schen's reply. the clipper has a great sweet spot, high pitch sound on full swing/hits if chinese rubber, and imho has better feel/speed ratio vs the infinity,

draw backs are the clipper is heavy, my set up is about 202 grams, but swear i can block better than ever with it, and hitting is so easy and my over the table game is even better...

another draw back it is it is thick.. about 7mm's

good luck on your search.. my search ended with the clipper wood classic

This user has no status.
Hi folks,

I have been using the Stiga Infinity with Adidas P7 on fh and Adidas Tenzone on bh. This setup works really well for me and I can get good speed if I can fully commit to my stroke and lean hard on it. But I hurt my back recently and it has affected my flexibility. As a result I cannot get the same pace out of my shots.

I am just wondering if there is faster blade than Infinity but with the same feel and control. I still prefer to use the P7 and Tenzone if it is possible.

The brands that are readily available in my country are Stiga, Adidas, Joola, and Xiom.

Thank you for your help.

I switched from Stiga Infinity VPS V to DHS Power PG-7. Same control slightly faster only $25 US from TTNPP and the craftsmanship is the same as $150+ DHS Blades that I have used :)

Reactions: phamster
This user has no status.
I glued up my P7 and Tenzone to a Stiga Clipper CR and had a few quick hits with my father. I wasn't able to go all out since I was just playing with my father, so here is my initial impression of the Clipper CR vs Infinity.

Feel
While the Infinity feels a bit hollow, the Clipper CR feels more solid and direct. The surface seems harder as well. I could feel this setup is heavier than my Infinity but I don't mind the extra weight.

Speed/Spin
The Clipper CR does seem faster than Infinity. With my normal power output, the ball seems to land farther and faster to the opposite end of the table. I was expecting less spin from a speedier blade but strangely I think I am getting more spin on my shots. The ball seems to kick faster once it bounced off the opposite side of the table. Also, when looping, I noticed a more pronounced dip to the trajectory of the ball. I don't know how to explain this. Doesn't a faster blade supposed to produce less spin because it has less dwell?

Control
The Clipper does take a bit of getting used to. It is less forgiving. If I don't fully commit to my stroke, the ball mostly goes long. But on shorter shots, I was still able to keep the ball short just like the Infinity. Also, I notice that I have to keep a more closed racket angle to keep the ball on the table with more powerful shots.

Overall, I am ok with this setup. I am not sure how this will feel during training but the increase in speed is a welcome change. It means I don't have to put out as much power. I will get back to this once I train a couple of times with this setup.