What table tennis rubbers & blade do you use?

says Pekan Olahra Raga Provinsi Jawa Timur Cabang Olah Raga...
says Pekan Olahra Raga Provinsi Jawa Timur Cabang Olah Raga...
Jan 2016
Read 2 reviews
1st Set Up
Blades : Donic Waldner Black Devil CB
Forehand (FH) : Butterfly Tenergy 25fx
Backhand (BH) : Andro Rasant Powergrip

2nd Set Up
Blades : Donic Baum Carrera Senso
Forehand (FH) : Andro Rasant Beat
Backhand (BH) : Butterfly Tenergy 05fx

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo and changed_23
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Blade: Korbel
FH : Tenergy 80 1.9mm
Bh : Spinart 1.9mm

This is interesting. Most players i know use a harder sponge on fh and a softer on bh...for a reason. To engage a harder sponge you will need to swing harder and most people swing harder with their forehand and less harder from the backhand.
It'll take too long to explain why, but to make it short: it's a matter of physics.

EDIT: i just read through your thread. So, as i already wrote in your thread, just flip the racket. That can sort things out a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
This is interesting. Most players i know use a harder sponge on fh and a softer on bh...for a reason. To engage a harder sponge you will need to swing harder and most people swing harder with their forehand and less harder from the backhand. It'll take too long to explain why, but to make it short: it's a matter of physics.

EDIT: i just read through your thread. So, as i already wrote in your thread, just flip the racket. That can sort things out a little.

I love it. This made my day. Often...and twice again.

Funny how you came to the same conclusion from seeing him play as from looking at his setup. hahaha.

Suga_D is right, Takkyu, try your racket with the T80 on BH and see if your BH works any better than with SpinArt.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I've already tried flipping the racket. to be honest, it doesnt make much a difference. the 3rd ball attack is slightly easier with T80 on BH, not much. However i find blocking better with SpinArt, and serve more effective as well.

Using SpinArt rather than T80, im a bit more consistent on loops/drives, speed is slightly slower than T80, though not much, i need to go slightly more into the ball.
However when hitting the ball flat, i feel the speed is quite less than T80.

i make also less mistakes blocking with T80, like on BH. However thats maybe less to do with the rubbers, and just to how im used to the rubbers and the right bat angle

All in all, both rubbers are not so different.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, Takkyu, the next time you get rubbers, I would try T80 for FH and T80FX on BH and see what that was like. I am confident that, in spite of the fact that the underlying problem is not your racket or rubbers, having something on BH that is softer than what is on your FH will actually be useful to your getting more control on the BH wing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D