Paul Drinkhall Reviews.... TIBHAR Evolution FX-P

says Hi Brookerbig, thanks for the message - in all honesty...
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
*******FOURTH REVIEW HERE... CLICK BELOW....********

Hi guys - working with TableTennisDaily, TIBHAR and Bribar Table Tennis, I'll be reviewing different TIBHAR equipment each week to try to help a player to pick the best combination of blade and rubber for each individual style of play.

I'll be giving my personal opinions and views on a range of equipment that will eventually cover something for every player! My fourth review is the TIBHAR Evolution FX-P rubber, which I tested in maximum sponge thickness on one side of my bat.

You can see my FOURTH review here... :

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/eq...evolution-fx-p

You can get this rubber at the moment at a special discounted rate from Bribar Table Tennis Website.

Check it out!

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I LOVE FX-P for most of the blases I use lately, which are more flexy looping blades. FX-P is superb match for those.

If I operate one of the stiff composite blades, like Tibhar Inca or Nexy Qabod, (or Oscar) then I really like MX-P on that.

Although the rubber is clearly different from T05, you will not have a difficult time transitioning to Evo series.

Super strengths I saw on this rubber were the arc of the ball, you could drop the end of your loops like dropping off a cliff the spin is so loaded if you do a counterloop or another spin attack vs a soft topspin. Opponents who like to play a couple step backs are suddenly gunna have problems playing vs you, spin is very troubling - drops early and is loaded.

Reactions: gmiller2233
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
*******FOURTH REVIEW HERE... CLICK BELOW....********

Hi guys - working with TableTennisDaily, TIBHAR and Bribar Table Tennis, I'll be reviewing different TIBHAR equipment each week to try to help a player to pick the best combination of blade and rubber for each individual style of play.

I'll be giving my personal opinions and views on a range of equipment that will eventually cover something for every player! My fourth review is the TIBHAR Evolution FX-P rubber, which I tested in maximum sponge thickness on one side of my bat.

You can see my FOURTH review here... :

http://www.tabletennisdaily.co.uk/eq...evolution-fx-p

You can get this rubber at the moment at a special discounted rate from Bribar Table Tennis here:

http://shop.bribartt.co.uk/tibhar-evolution-fx-p.html

​Check it out!
Nice review I think I will give a try to bh side, it should be good for initiating first attack. I understand that you are tibhar sponsored player so maybe you how I Can find information about rubber production date, it should be somewhere on the plastic cover.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Der_Echte, yes the arc on the ball when playing a heavy topspin stroke was really brilliant, so much top spin! I enjoyed the feeling of the rubber, it's not got quite a hard enough sponge for my game but I was really impressed. I think a lot of players would like this rubber as well as it offers so much control!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Nice review I think I will give a try to bh side, it should be good for initiating first attack. I understand that you are tibhar sponsored player so maybe you how I Can find information about rubber production date, it should be somewhere on the plastic cover.

Hi Sali, if you have a spinny backhand and you like to vary the attack with this stroke I think you'll be a fan, I was very impressed with the FX-P. I'm unsure on the rubber production date, I don't really check things like that myself do I don't really know!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Very nice and informative!

Hi Raazzz, thanks, glad you thought so! I try to give as much detail as I can on different aspects of the game such as ervice and recieve, third ball attack, blocking etc to help everybody decide if it will suit them!

This user has no status.
Thanks Paul for the review.

When you published your first review here I asked if you were going to test this rubber, as I had hopes it would be a good one for myself and many others.

I'm currently using an old sheet of Omega IV Pro on my BH, and will try Vega Pro and MX-P next. Thanks to your enthousiasm, I will now add a test of the FX-P.

So you know, Tibhar, Bribar and you are doing the right thing by communicating directly with the masses of player and coaches who need to keep up to date with TT equipment. We thank you for that.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thanks Paul for the review.

When you published your first review here I asked if you were going to test this rubber, as I had hopes it would be a good one for myself and many others.

I'm currently using an old sheet of Omega IV Pro on my BH, and will try Vega Pro and MX-P next. Thanks to your enthousiasm, I will now add a test of the FX-P.

So you know, Tibhar, Bribar and you are doing the right thing by communicating directly with the masses of player and coaches who need to keep up to date with TT equipment. We thank you for that.

Hi Olio - I'm glad you find the reviews useful! We thought it would be a fun thing for me to do, and of course help to raise awareness of some TIBHAR ribbers in the UK through Bribar. I guess the most important thing to remember is that different styles and ways of playing, and different techniques all suit different rubber and blade combinations.

I liked the FX-P, it's not the right choice for my game but I was impressed with it's qualities. When I played in the local league as a very young player I can remember lots of guys having quite attacking forehands and spinny, safer backhands that they would sometimes block with, sometimes spin with, even sometimes chop with - I think guys with that style would really like the FX-P as it's so easy to vary the play.

Good luck with it!

This user has no status.
Thanks.

I think most of us do understand that your opinion of thse rubbers is from the point of view of a "normal" player. Pros like you have slightly different requirements and have the touch, technique and fitness to benefit from more "extreme" rubbers (e.g. harder / faster etc.)

For us average players, a softer sponge tends to bring more dwell, more feel, and more confidence, as you've rightly pointed out.

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Thanks.

I think most of us do understand that your opinion of thse rubbers is from the point of view of a "normal" player. Pros like you have slightly different requirements and have the touch, technique and fitness to benefit from more "extreme" rubbers (e.g. harder / faster etc.)

For us average players, a softer sponge tends to bring more dwell, more feel, and more confidence, as you've rightly pointed out.

Hi Olio - yes that's what I try to do, not everyone has the luxery of being able to practice every day! I think lots of players would benefit and enjoy playing sometimes with softer sponges. Of course, it also depends what blade the rubbers are combined with... this can make all the difference. And it's all personal! We all have different amounts of sensor pads in our hands, all have a different sense of touch, so everyone has different requirements. The idea that there is one rubber, or one range, or one blade or combination for every player is just crazy. Try some team mates bats, test things in the off season - then find what is right for you. It makes sense!

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Olio, it depends on what you like. If you are teh average go banannas on FH strong attack kind of player... MX-P will do you justice on those stiff ALC blade like the Maze you got. FX-P might fit the bill on that blade for what that kind of player expects on BH. With the blade in your Sig, you wont go wrong with MX-P on FH for an attacking game... power and spin forever. Very little or no transition if coming from Tenergy. You will adapt pretty quickly to Evo series.

Myself, I like MX-P on FH with those faster stiffer OFF blades, MX-P does great on those.

Some blades are better suited to FX-P, like the Nexy Arirang I used when I got back from Korea. Won two tourneys using it, great spin and the blade had barely enough ooomph to finish points, mostly the arc and kick of the ball troubled my opponents.

Like Paul said, try out stuff from people around you and sooner or later you discover what does it for you.

This user has no status.
Yes, I have a sheet of MX-P which will go on my FH, and a Vega Pro for my backhand (both already is stock). This setup is likely to be followed by MX-S (FH) and FX-P (BH).

For what it's worth, I've decided to settle with the Maze for now. Enough power, lots of control, great feel and dwell...

Paul, a bit of feedback for manufacturers: I know you also play with Limba + composite (Kevlar carbon is the same as ALC or arylate carbon if I'm not mistaken), so please, ask Tibhar to consider a FL handle like the ZJK (Dragon) / LiuShiWen. Not too thin please!!!!

Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Yes, I have a sheet of MX-P which will go on my FH, and a Vega Pro for my backhand (both already is stock). This setup is likely to be followed by MX-S (FH) and FX-P (BH).

For what it's worth, I've decided to settle with the Maze for now. Enough power, lots of control, great feel and dwell...

Paul, a bit of feedback for manufacturers: I know you also play with Limba + composite (Kevlar carbon is the same as ALC or arylate carbon if I'm not mistaken), so please, ask Tibhar to consider a FL handle like the ZJK (Dragon) / LiuShiWen. Not too thin please!!!!

Hi Olio - I'll certainly pass on your thoughts to TIBHAR. They are always looking for innovations to add to the existing range. I guess it will come down to what size market they they think there is for this type of blade and handle, will enough people like it! Lets hope so? Cheers.

Reactions: Olio
Mar 2015
Read 4 reviews
Hi Paul, thanks for your review, it is very useful. I'll try this rubber for my backhand where I need more control and counter hit capabilities. Regards!

Hi Leorozas - thanks, glad it helped! It's a really good option if you want to try that style of play, hope it works for you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
This is the second time I have clicked on a link having just glanced at it thinking was about the Paul dirnkhall blade's. It's a nice surprise to be getting Paul's reviews. especially since I'm interested in the fxp. I think I will pick this up for my bh on my Paul dinkhall all play blade that's in the mail. But I am curious if anyone can comment how fxp plays in the short game and how tacky/Grippy you found it. For comparison play Tibhar 5Q Sound on a power wood blade, as well as rasant powersponge, and el-p. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk