What are the best table tennis shoes ?

This user has no status.
I ordered another expensive shoe from Butterfly, and just received them yesterday our time [Sunday], i should give it a try yesterday evening when i picked it up and went to the club, but maybe next time when i will go there i give it a try and see if it will be any good [it says it is new one], i do like the design though.

This user has no status.
I can recommend the Asics Gel Blade Series. I always got a lot of back pain when i was playing in the usual table tennis shoes. Since i have the Asics it is much better, furthermore they are very light weighted and the durability is better.

I agree. Great support for my bad back. I'll only buy Asiics from now on

This user has no status.
Tareq, just making sure you know, TT shoes are indoor court shoes and shouldn't be used outdoors. They will wear out really fast if you wear them outdoors because the sole is gum rubber.

Sure, i have another shoes for outdoors, so i bought those TT shoes only for TT indoors.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I've stumbled across the same issue and this was the only relevant thread I could find.

Indoor Soccer (also known as Futsal) shoes are the most similar to TT shoes I've ever saw with low & grippy sole, but they're probably too hard to find at USA. Here at Spain you can find them on every sports store.

As most people said, indoor shoes do the trick (handball, volleyball, badminton, squash, futsal...), I've been using some Asics Gel handball shoes for some years and had no problems until I've got a no-brainer offer from presports for some adidas TTenium blue shoes, previously I used some adidas Tanglin indoor shoes (when they where advertised as indoor, not only for TT). I don't really like regular TT shoes, they have a thin sole and my feet hurts, so I prefer other indoor alternatives.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Sorry for bumping this old thread but I've stumbled across the same issue and this was the only relevant thread I could find.

Indoor Soccer (also known as Futsal) shoes are the most similar to TT shoes I've ever saw with low & grippy sole, but they're probably too hard to find at USA. Here at Spain you can find them on every sports store.

As most people said, indoor shoes do the trick (handball, volleyball, badminton, squash, futsal...), I've been using some Asics Gel handball shoes for some years and had no problems until I've got a no-brainer offer from presports for some adidas TTenium blue shoes, previously I used some adidas Tanglin indoor shoes (when they where advertised as indoor, not only for TT). I don't really like regular TT shoes, they have a thin sole and my feet hurts, so I prefer other indoor alternatives.

Neither Futsal nor TT shoes are difficult to find in US. Don't know how it is in Spain, but here in the us just about any sports store has futsal shoes :)

I've been using futsal shoes since I've started playing, don't need anything else. However, get good ones, don't get adidas samba or some crap like this.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Whichever ones you can move really well in without sustaining injury. And that will be different for different people. So no single answer will do.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2018
Read 1 reviews
Yes u can trust, tt-japan.net and iruiru.com are reliable sites, support paypal. If u need box, write about it when order. tt-japan.net didn't send box to me for lower shipping cost. two pair shoes was in one big box.
u can check photo here
Yes. You can trust tt-japan.net. I bought my Asics Bladelyte 3 from them with no problems at all.

This user has no status.
I know it is an old thread, but since 2015 i am still wearing my Butterfly Energy Force XII, it was or still my best shoe i am wearing until now, it has the age signs and wearing off, so i must find another one similar to it or even better, i bought 3 more shoes including another butterfly but different models and i am not happy with those.

I keep looking at Asics and Mizuno models as i hope to find one from them that is same as my Butterfly shoe or even better, mostly i prefer Mizuno design and colors than Asics, but i remember in the past they said that Asics is the manufacturer that design other shoes brands too, but i really like the color and look more than the manufacturer reputation, will see which one i will choose.

This user has no status.
Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 1 reviews
I consider Mizuno the best table tennis shoes. The high end models of Mizuno are quite expensive -no doubt about that- but are really worth their money, if you can afford them: They are very light, soft, comfortable and have perfect grip.

The best model of Mizuno that I've tried is Wave Drive A3. Very long lasting, I've been training daily for the past 2,5 years and they are still in good condition.
They are discontinued, but there are some left over sizes in various stores on discount.
I recommend them without any hesitation.