Type of glue

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I bought Elmers rubber cement, but haven't tried it yet :)

I use Elmers Rubber Cement on most every rubber, except the ones that get ruined by it like Tenergy, but no more Tenergy, too expensive.

I used Elmers RC on H3 on one of my blades I currently use and it works just fine.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
I use Elmers Rubber Cement on most every rubber, except the ones that get ruined by it like Tenergy, but no more Tenergy, too expensive.

I used Elmers RC on H3 on one of my blades I currently use and it works just fine.

yeah... I have tried elmers rubber cement for awhile until I started using tenergy on my backhand. I only want to use water-base now and glues like Free Chack and Tear Mender are great! I just want to know if there are any other alternatives that you can purchase from a general retail store like Tear Mender.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
I also use Elmers. Every couple of months I reglue my rubbers.
Where do you guys buy Tear Mender online? Is it good for TT rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
This week I was gluing at the club when one of our best players told me that the glue I used was making the rubber soft.
I was using Revelution 3 medium viscosity.
For that reason he didn't use it anymore.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I believe copydex is the uk equivalent of tear mender. Because I'm always testing new blades I go through a lot of glue, copydex works well and is very similar to a joola glue I used to use but much cheaper. It's a bit thick and at some point I may dilute it with some water to see how well that works. I have tried a few fabric glues which appear to be like tear mender but I would avoid those as they left one blade and rubber in a bit of a mess. I know it's been said before but some of the TT specific glues are unecessarily expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I also use copydex and dilute it with water. Easier to apply and doesn't affect the bond. I also tried a "Huieson" glue i found on ebay, very cheap a pretty good.