Type of glue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Hey guys. Does the type of glue affect the rubber? I recently used Haifu water-based glue and it wasn't very adhesive even though i had spread it evenly across the surface. I also heard that certain rubbers like h3 neo benefit from water-based glue. Does it really matter?

says Yo oskar, er stian fra randesund
Jun 2011
it do matter what kind of glue you use, example, if u use Victoria speed glue on your H3 Neo, the sponge will be softer, depends on how many plies of glue you are gluing with.
and if you use the Haifu water based glue, it gives i bit of speed effect the first hours after you have glued, but most people dont even notice it. so i suggest u start using a glue that is called Victoria, because it gives a huge effect on the rubber, even with the rubber that have the hardest sponge you will be able to get a much more faster rubber.

says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
says Begonnen bij TTC Damme, vorig jaar bij TTC Pipolic en nu...
May 2011
Andro Free Glue here. Seems to attach the rubber to the blade, nothing more, nothing less. Haven't tried any other water-based glue, so I wouldn't know there's a difference.
The boosting though, does make a difference...
I do consider boosting next generation (read: expensive) rubbers a waste of money.
I think if you want to have a great price-quality equation, you choose either cheap rubbers, which you boost (e.g. BTY Sriver Fx), or you buy expensive rubbers and leave them alone :p

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I tried Tibhar glue, but it wasn't very impressive. I went back to old speed glues to apply new rubbers :p But I'm almost out of that glue so I need a decent legal glue. I remember you needed to apply 2 layers of old glue when u got new rubbers in the old times to make it stick. Is this still the case with the new speed glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I only have rubber cement right now..
Rubber cement is the type of rubber that evaporate VOCs quickly when oxidized making it quickly dry and harmful for your health. Yep, it contains VOCs which makes it illegal for competition play..
However the speed glue effect is good but it didnt last much depending on the brand of the glue, the pasting and removing is easy to..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
I don't know about buying online.. But the local shops don't sell it. Maybe i will just stick with Haifu glue. Btw i've heard that you need to let the rubbers/blades dry about 15mins upon applying. But the Haifu glue dryed up pretty quick.. making it not adhesive anymore. Does it only work with non-water based glues?

Jun 2011
You can also use Haifu blue whale (speed glue) ive never tried it my self, but i want to buy a bottle of it and see how it turns out.
And buying online has never gone wrong with me. im ordering from China, Belgium, Sweden and Norway, and usually i get my packages
in one or two weeks after i did order the stuff i wanted

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
Hey guys, so I just got some Neo Hurricane 3 and tenergy 64 rubber, I purposely copied the setup of that ZJK uses and what Ma Long used to use haha, that way I can't complain about whether my rubber is good or not.

But I need some advice on what glue to use. I probably would need to get it online or something, so if you guys have any advice on what are some good glues please let me know.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am with Yosua, I use a kind of rubber cement that I get from an art supply store. The brand I use is Best Test rubber cement. It cost 1/10th the price of what table tennis companies charge for glues that are not as good. A gallon of Best Test rubber cement costs about the same amount as one of those little cans. :) And it works really well. It is the exact same chemical components as the old glues before they started trying to use water based glues. Any art supply store should have some form of rubber cement. And it does not really matter what kind. The chemical ingredients are always the same.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2011
Read 1 reviews
I am with Yosua, I use a kind of rubber cement that I get from an art supply store. The brand I use is Best Test rubber cement. It cost 1/10th the price of what table tennis companies charge for glues that are not as good. A gallon of Best Test rubber cement costs about the same amount as one of those little cans. :) And it works really well. It is the exact same chemical components as the old glues before they started trying to use water based glues. Any art supply store should have some form of rubber cement. And it does not really matter what kind. The chemical ingredients are always the same.

Wooohooo :D
Thanks sir Carl for the support !

However don't use it excessively, could have bad long-term effect.
Or maybe you could push it out off your body with some meditation ? ;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
If you guys want a water based glue that is cheap and gives the same as any other water based glue out there try Tear Mender (google it) Usually it's about 10 bucks a bottle for a 16 oz bottle which is like $100.00 if you buy other brand name glues for the same quantity. I've been using the same bottle for 2 years now but I've only reglued my own paddle a few times. I'd say each bottle lasts for a couple dozen reglues of both sides of rubber. I'm not exactly sure about that though.

Rubber Cement is probably the best glue you can get. It becomes legal after you have let it sit out and/or played with it for about a week or two. If you let it sit out for a month instead of storing in a case it will definitely be competition ready. Many people use Rubber Cement because it's the most consistent feel. The VOC's completely evaporate making the test result of your paddle legal.

If you want to make speed glue add some different types of solvent into a rubber cement container. I usually do half and half for a light speed glue effect (similar to rubber cement, but still has a glue effect when applying) But if you want the best results for speed glue I suggest a minimum of 3:1 Solvent to rubber cement. meaning 25% rubber cement and 3 other solvents. Usually I choose Toluene, Naptha, and any other I can find. If you want to go to something like WLQ used try an 8:1 ratio solvent to rubber cement.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
I have the same question. Here in Portugal i can't seem to find an alternative to either rubber cement or tear mender. Is there any similar product to tear mender that is sold here?