Euro feel Chinese rubber

This user has no status.
Hi everyone,

My Tenzone on my BH is nearing the end of its life after 10 months of playing. It is starting to lose grip. My budget is kind of limited at the moment so I am looking for a Chinese brand rubber that plays like a Euro rubber.

So far, my research came up with these:
1. Giant Dragon G3 / G4 soft
2. Giant Topenergy
3. Dawei Inspirit Quattro

I am looking for a soft and spinny rubber with decent speed. Are the ones I stated good options?

Thank you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
The inspirit is not a relly soft rubber.it is hard.I don't find it to be very spinny,and especially with the poly ball,it is even less.

I have found the Kokutaku 868 Blutenkirsche Tokyo very nice,it has a medium sponge,and is slightly tacky.it has decent speed,and plays well with the poly ball.

I recomment it.

Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
As far as i've been told the chinese company 'palio' produces rubbers that play pretty much like euro/japanese rubbers. Some of them are also produced by ESN in germany. A few players from the league i play in use them and really seem satisfied, but i haven't tried them personally yet, cause my Spinart/Tenergy setup still lasts (which is pretty satisfying and cool)

Last edited:
Reactions: sanavasaraja
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 12 reviews
The 'Air' brand rubbers are really good. Although they are not a well known brand their rubbers are fantastic. In particular their 'Illumina' rubber is pretty good. They are a good alternative to Euro rubbers in my opinion.
Reviews: http://www.tabletennisdb.com/rubber/air-illumina.html

After reading the reply to my post,I was about to post this brand,then saw your post.coincidence hey? :)

I have used the air scirocco,and that is also a good rubber.it is definitely better than the quattro,but it is also a bit more expensive.this rubber is very similar to the classic mark v,with a tad less spin and control

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
After reading the reply to my post,I was about to post this brand,then saw your post.coincidence hey? :)

I have used the air scirocco,and that is also a good rubber.it is definitely better than the quattro,but it is also a bit more expensive.this rubber is very similar to the classic mark v,with a tad less spin and control

Hahaha!
In fact I have found Air Illumina online for $17.50 so you really have nothing to lose. Just try it out and see how you feel about it...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I agree with palio blitz. Great speed and spin for Poly ball. Kinda like a Bryce speed. Spin art at 30 bucks per sheet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Sounds like a winner to me. 30 Bucks?? I paid more than 50 Euro.
My Spinart plays a bit like a speed glued DHS PF4 (from the nineties) to me.
But since i don't know your style of play i don't recommend any Rubber, but Palio is also next on my list, as soon as my t05 starts losing its life

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
I used the hidden dragon some time ago.
I remember the guy I was playing with (very good player) said it felt strange, like there was a delay between the moment I hit the ball and the moment it actually left the paddle and landed on his side.

palio rubbers have this in general.
a strange feel and behaviour which is different than european rubbers.
hk1997, cj8000 behave the same way.
the feel of 729 focus III snipe is like real euro rubbers.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Speak to Yogi_Bear

He imports Yinhe rubbers into Phillipines
I did a big review on Big Dipper - and that thread has gotten HUGE at MYTT
Moon Speed is also something that I like a lot
Mars II for the price sensitive customers

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
I used yinhe moon and I don't recommend it.
first, it comes boosted or glued or something.
this is first indication that performance will decrease fast, and it does.

second it's slow, slower than hidden dragon and focus III.
also it's less elastic than these.
feels more like a slightly faster chinese rubber.

I think sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto, chiron, big dipper, they all follow this same pattern.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I used yinhe moon and I don't recommend it.
first, it comes boosted or glued or something.
this is first indication that performance will decrease fast, and it does.

second it's slow, slower than hidden dragon and focus III.
also it's less elastic than these.
feels more like a slightly faster chinese rubber.

I think sun, moon, mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune, pluto, chiron, big dipper, they all follow this same pattern.

Which Moon did you use? normal Moon or Moon Speed?
Also what hardness sponge did you use?
Soft (under 38deg ) or Hard (over 45) for example are totally different.
I also tested Focus III Snipe and the Moon - medium and soft and Moon Speed medium and soft is all faster

Regarding factory tuned - so many rubbers are like this... even tensors, but what you say is true, over time, the boost will wear out and then performance drop - but then again, most of the current rubbers are all like this

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
btw, pluto, uranus, neptune doesn't follow the same pattern. As well as Saturn
I am not sure if you are just listing all Yinhe's rubbers or you really tested them and you know what is what

Because if you are saying the pimple out rubbers are the same thing, then clearly you have a huge mistake in your comment

Reactions: Suga D