Euro feel Chinese rubber

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Aug 2012
all rubbers wear out with time but the ones that come pre-tuned seem to do it much much faster.
the difference between a new rubber and a month old rubber is huge.

other rubbers like focus, hidden dragon, etc do get old but much more gradually.
like a tensor or a sriver.

when I say pre-tuned I mean that you can clearly see the tuning layer.
moon has this.
haifu whale has this.

I can't think of other examples.
I don't know of any donic, tibhar, yasaka, andro, butterfly rubbers that have such a thick layer of "something".

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
all rubbers wear out with time but the ones that come pre-tuned seem to do it much much faster.
the difference between a new rubber and a month old rubber is huge.

other rubbers like focus, hidden dragon, etc do get old but much more gradually.
like a tensor or a sriver.

when I say pre-tuned I mean that you can clearly see the tuning layer.
moon has this.
haifu whale has this.

I can't think of other examples.
I don't know of any donic, tibhar, yasaka, andro, butterfly rubbers that have such a thick layer of "something".

So the Pluto, Neptune, Uranus also come pretuned hey?

You are right that pretuned/factory tuned will wear out faster, as I said, this applies to all rubbers - especially tensors.

I won't comment on other brands, but of the hundreds of Yasaka NSS sponge rubbers and Xiom ESN rubbers that I sold this year alone, they are all factory tuned, and new sponge - say 2 weeks of use vs 6 weeks of use - you can spot a huge differences. This is common. And depending on player, environment, racket care and duration of use, I would say 3 to 6 months is a reasonable lifespan - compared to 2 to 3 months of a Yinhe.

An unofficial statement from me would be - same applies to the Donic and Andro ESN tensor rubbers. Also will wear out within 1 to 3 months due to pre tuned sponges.

The booster that you "don't see", doesn't mean the rubbers are not pre-tuned
And even if pre-tuned, you might not smell it, but surely can feel it

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
yeah, what I was saying is that in my personal experience any rubber that comes with a layer of something in the back of the sponge will wear out faster than any other rubber.
tensors do not fall in this category.
they may be pre tuned or not but they don't have a huge layer of glue/booster standing out when you open the package.
the moon I tried has this.
haifu whale II has this.

and really at this point to me seeing a rubber that has this is a major turn off.
it screams:
-chinese rubber
-inconsistency in production
-extremely rapid decrease in performance
-heavy weight

but maybe it's just me, everybody has different tastes.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
yeah, what I was saying is that in my personal experience any rubber that comes with a layer of something in the back of the sponge will wear out faster than any other rubber.
tensors do not fall in this category.
they may be pre tuned or not but they don't have a huge layer of glue/booster standing out when you open the package.
the moon I tried has this.
haifu whale II has this.

and really at this point to me seeing a rubber that has this is a major turn off.
it screams:
-chinese rubber
-inconsistency in production
-extremely rapid decrease in performance
-heavy weight

but maybe it's just me, everybody has different tastes.

We all can see your preference is Anti - Chinese brands.
But did you know - in this thread, the OP asked for Chinese brands

Imo there is still parts of your "generalisation" is invalid
Did you really test the Moon Speed Soft? and you consider that heavy?
Did you try taking off the booster layer - and see how well it still performs?
Did you factor in the price in the OP as that is what this thread is about?

I can list Xiom Vega series too, but this is not what the OP wants.

Your testing of 2 rubbers making you generalise over 15 brands of rubbers is really short sited imo

Boosting (layer at back of rubber) and sponge tuning - is basically the same thing.
What you see and don't see doesn't mean there is zero treatment = doesn't mean that there will be some rapid decrease in performance. Your Tensors are part of this too!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
my preference is not anti chinese brands at all.
actually my current bh rubber is 729 focus III snipe, a chinese rubber.

oh you made me remember another thing I hate about rubbers that come with that layer in the sponge.
as you glue the rubber successive times with rubber cement a thick layer of glue starts building and it adds to the layer that came originally.
but you can't remove that layer like you would do with other rubbers.
because you'll also remove the tuning layer.

I remember when using haifu whale the layer that built up was so thick the rubber seemed to be almost suspended in the air when I glued it to the blade :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
So is a 40 ~ 42 grams Moon Speed Soft heavy Chinese rubber?

I asked so many questions, yet you failed to answer them....
Some times it is better to acknowledge you are giving the wrong information, than trying to hide from it.
It is really silly telling people that 40 grams rubber is heavy
Or that Yinhe long pimple rubbers comes pre tuned/boosted
Don't you think that is really being silly?

Anyways, why don't you help the OP poster and answer him, his question too

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2010
If you want soft I recommend Reflectoid 2mm. Anything thinner will bottom out but 1.5mm will work for the BH. Reflectoid is not that slow. LKT Pro XT is relatively soft. LKT Pro XP isn't tacky. Come to think of it almost all Gambler rubbers are relatively soft. I like Wraith and Reflectoid.

This user has no status.
I finally settled with 729 Higher with Transcend (green) sponge in red. I was supposed to get Giant Dragon Karate Soft but it was out of stock.

Just glued it on my Stiga Infinity. The uncut sheet has a slight reverse dome which suggest it is slightly tensioned. The topsheet is very thick, the thickest I have seen among the rubbers I have owned (Globe 999, H2/3, TG3, Adidas P7/ Tenzone). The pips on the other hand is very very short, it is barely visible. This is semi-tacky rubber, you can pickup the ball for a second.

The sponge is light green which reminds of the color of avocado. It is firm but I would not consider it hard. Hard for me is the H2 non-Neo.

Hopefully I can play with it later. Will update as soon as I can have some few hits with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
If you want soft I recommend Reflectoid 2mm. Anything thinner will bottom out but 1.5mm will work for the BH. Reflectoid is not that slow. LKT Pro XT is relatively soft. LKT Pro XP isn't tacky. Come to think of it almost all Gambler rubbers are relatively soft. I like Wraith and Reflectoid.
Just found this thread, I realise its a bit old now, but found it of interest. I hope this is posted in the right place.
I have used tackiness D for many years and have a mainly blocking reactive game with spinny serves, some pushing and the odd hit.

After a poor season and after much soul searching and research last year, I went for a change and bought Reflectoid 2mm for both backhand and forehand for the last season as it sounded ideal for my game.
Once I got used to it I found it really good on the backhand not particularly slow and even allowed me to flat hit with good effect as well as blocking and good spin and control on serves. I know the ability to flat hit goes against many reviews, but this is how I find it. I felt it was ok for the forehand, but maybe I need a little more pace?
I was looking to maybe buy some more for next season, but am considering Wraith (or maybe Shadow) for the forehand to give a little more pace on this side.
Can anyone who has tried these rubbers give any advice as to the difference between Wraith or Shadow and Reflectoid. I would like a slightly quicker version of Reflectoid and some of the comments around the web seem to indicate it might be just that, but the reviews and comparison charts seem to vary wildly so any actual info from anyone who has used these rubbers is appreciated.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
Hi everyone,

My Tenzone on my BH is nearing the end of its life after 10 months of playing. It is starting to lose grip. My budget is kind of limited at the moment so I am looking for a Chinese brand rubber that plays like a Euro rubber.

So far, my research came up with these:
1. Giant Dragon G3 / G4 soft
2. Giant Topenergy
3. Dawei Inspirit Quattro

I am looking for a soft and spinny rubber with decent speed. Are the ones I stated good options?

Thank you.
You could try DHS Tin Arc 5 soft version.It is is a good rubber. And cheap too.

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

I use friendship focus 3 snipe for back hand, and once lightly boosted is exceptionally fast. There is literally no tack on the top sheet so it's kinda shit in short play and service, but I still think the spin is adequate on loops against all spins. I use it for rpb, so I don't ever use it for short game, so it's kinda perfect for me. It also comes in 4 hardnesses, from very soft to medium soft. And it's 9 quid. And it's very light. It's amazing.

says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
says Hi I'm new here I would love to be kept up to date about...
Nov 2014
Read 4 reviews
Get andro rasant grip on both side and look no further. you will just have to adjust the angle a bit and you will love the spin on it. I tried many equipments before and I would say it is one of the best alternatives for tenergy series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I tried an air defenders S early on. It's pretty good I had it in 1.5 I think. Cole from colestt said it's was (among at the time) the faster air rubbers. Even at 1.5 felt like it had pretty good spin and good control. the throw is Low to mid and Completely not tacky with a Grippy Matt top sheet. Also it seems to have a long life. Gave it to a basement player just so he can have try something And he got a year out of it after I had it that long. Only thing I did not really like at the time was the catapult effect. It's been a while probably not a problem now but did not like that then. Have some other people that play Air rubbers at my club and I will say from what I have seen they seem to be pretty good quality products with long life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I tried an air defenders S early on. It's pretty good I had it in 1.5 I think. Cole from colestt said it's was (among at the time) the faster air rubbers. Even at 1.5 felt like it had pretty good spin and good control. the throw is Low to mid and Completely not tacky with a Grippy Matt top sheet. Also it seems to have a long life. Gave it to a basement player just so he can have try something And he got a year out of it after I had it that long. Only thing I did not really like at the time was the catapult effect. It's been a while probably not a problem now but did not like that then. Have some other people that play Air rubbers at my club and I will say from what I have seen they seem to be pretty good quality products with long life.

Hi. Do you mean the Defender S rubber had too much catapult, even in 1.5? Or too little catapult?

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Looking back I was off on the sponge. it was not max I known, but it was either 2 or 1.8. But yea it had catapult, mind you it was my second setup and within my first month of playing and I didn't have a very active stroke at that time to redirect the ball on the backhand side. I played it later after having developing a backhand when hitting with my friends blade and it's from day that I reaffirmed it had good properties. It would not be to much today I could totally play it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sspark80
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
DefenderS is another proud rubber for the new plastic bell era. It's suitable for technical playing styles. We use the Chinese traditional tacky rubber technology to let DefenderS not only spin but also increase elasticity and power. Through our more than 120 days of continuous testing with the new plastic balls, we've mastered the reaction. DefenderS is your guide. The middle soft topsheet gives you enough grip, spin and control. You can easily catch and hold the ball. The new Cellular OriginalS+rfe37 helps you to improve the accuracy by 25%. DefenderS is the perfect balance between dynamic catapult effect and control. Through the understanding of Chinese Kung Fu, especially in Tai Chi Chuai, we obtained more inspiration. "Conquering the unyielding with the yielding, temper force with mercy" is the essence of DefenderS.