Share your Racket's Photo

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
IMG_0816.jpgIMG_0815.jpgIMG_0817.jpgIMG_0820.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
I just finished assembling my "new" setup. It's built for fun only, to satisfy my curiosity for Hinoki as the top-layer on an all-wood blade.

It consists of:

• The Adidas v1.3 (5-ply, Hinoki/Awan/Kiri/Awan/Hinoki), at 92g
  • DHS Gold Arc 8 at 47.5º hardness and 2.0mm ("MED") thickness; uncut ±72g, cut ±48g
  • Edge tape

Total weight is ±188g, which is about 8g heavier than I'm used to. It doesn't feel heavy, it's balanced; I don't think the handle is hollow. As for playing, I expect a wholly OFF combination, slanted towards a spin-oriented game. I'm especially curious about the touch game, its dwell, the spin amount imparted, its direct play characteristics and the power reserves.

IMG_4805.jpg
IMG_4807.jpgIMG_4815.jpg
IMG_4817.jpgIMG_4818.jpg
IMG_4819.jpg
IMG_4820.jpgIMG_4821.jpg
IMG_4824.jpgIMG_4825.jpg
IMG_4827.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I just finished assembling my "new" setup. It's built for fun only, to satisfy my curiosity for Hinoki as the top-layer on an all-wood blade.

It consists of:

• The Adidas v1.3 (5-ply, Hinoki/Awan/Kiri/Awan/Hinoki), at 92g
  • DHS Gold Arc 8 at 47.5º hardness and 2.0mm ("MED") thickness; uncut ±72g, cut ±48g
  • Edge tape

Total weight is ±188g, which is about 8g heavier than I'm used to. It doesn't feel heavy, it's balanced; I don't think the handle is hollow. As for playing, I expect a wholly OFF combination, slanted towards a spin-oriented game. I'm especially curious about the touch game, its dwell, the spin amount imparted, its direct play characteristics and the power reserves.

View attachment 14730
View attachment 14731View attachment 14732
View attachment 14733View attachment 14734
View attachment 14735
View attachment 14736View attachment 14737
View attachment 14738View attachment 14739
View attachment 14740

Lovely photos.

Also never heard of 'Awan' before. How does it feel to you? Do you know of any other blades containing this type of wood? Sounds interesting.

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Lovely photos.

Also never heard of 'Awan' before. How does it feel to you? Do you know of any other blades containing this type of wood?

Thank you. I had never heard of Awan before either, and my searches were inconclusive as to what wood Awan is; it seems to be used for several different wood types.

I’m not sure of other blades using it. Perhaps Stervinou’s db lists some.

The blade feels pretty much like a slightly muted version of my Treiber K. Still very crisp, mind, and plenty powerful once you apply some power. In touch play it has a gentle feel. When spinning, dwell time seems higher. Counterspins are explosive and very spinny. I’ve had just one session am am not yet fully adapted. The setup is heavier, mostly due to the rather heavy Gold Arc 8 rubbers, but it’s not head heavy, still. My brush loops (and pivots) were coming around nicely and dripping spin at that, but I did not yet achieve full confidence in killing underspin off the bounce yet.

I like it so far, will keep using it for a change in competition for a few games and tournaments and see what happens. The Treiber K is marvelous and hence very hard to trump, but I like to get some hours in with the feel of Hinoki, the feel, power and balance of this allwooder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Thank you.

Seems to be pretty universal. It's used in def blades as well as in off ones.
On the other hand it never seems to be used as top- or coreply.

Interesting...

Unfortunately i've never played with one of the listed blades.
One of my teammates used to play a Donic blade from the burn series. Noz sure which one though, but I'll ask if i can borrow it for a few.

Thanks again

Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Seems to be pretty universal. It's used in def blades as well as in off ones.
On the other hand it never seems to be used as top- or coreply.

The Wood Explorer database lists dozens of species all referenced to as Awan, but a common theme is meranti, and looking at that ply I do think it's one of the light meranti woods (there are already four of them). If so, I think that makes it an unusually hard type of wood for tt blades.

One of my teammates used to play a Donic blade from the burn series. Noz sure which one though, but I'll ask if i can borrow it for a few.

All the Donic burn blades have an identical composition, and each step from ALL+ to OFF- to OFF apparently adds 5g. One would suspect the thickness is all the difference (mais vive la différance!). You're free to have a go with my v1.3 anytime you're near. :)