9ff48629398acae6079628d801d24857.jpg
083a12c33a88580ecb7a736927081a11.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk [emoji2]

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
And i thought i have too many, well, then i should keep buying regardless of what others will say.

Great collections from everybody!

Yeah. You can. But you should also realize, most people who have that many blades have been playing for years and have ended up with a bunch of blades because they slowly over time have tried many new blades and then decided they wanted to get one of a blade they tried from a friend.

Or, like that Butterfly Hinoki blade I have, it is a collectors item because it is 25 years old.

But if you can afford it, buy as many blades as you want.

I would just say, lessons are more important than blades. So if it was a choice between one or the other, I would take coaching. And I have heard you say many times that you "can't" afford coaching. Well if you can afford all those blades, you definitely can afford coaching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
This is really a tough question, it is like asking what kind of car everyone is driving here?

Well, in our club i play in sounds Butterfly is the top brand most are using, and Timo Boll versions on top of choices for them, and Tenergy rubbers and Stiga Calibra sounds the most rubbers are most common there too.

Maybe it is time for a Poll thread or statistics to see which blade is the most common.

Yes of course we can only speculate but a poll sounds like a good idea!

This user has no status.
I might want to add to Carl remarks, is not important to buy as many blades as u want, its important to know which style is fit you best :)
Well, I have to “half” agree. :)

It is important to try as many combi as possible, e.g., keep trying friends combi, before settling on one favourite / most fit. :)

Collecting one sure fun though. :)

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Well, I have to “half” agree. :)

It is important to try as many combi as possible, e.g., keep trying friends combi, before settling on one favourite / most fit. :)

Collecting one sure fun though. :)

Yeah. It is great to try as many rackets as possible. A few years ago I played at a club that had 100s of members in NYC's Chinatown. I was also friends with the owner and one of the employees. He is a big time equipment junkie and he would get everyone to let him try their blades and then he would make me try them. So, back then I tried a lot of blades. Literally hundreds. For me to try that many blades without that scenario of getting people to let me try them, it would have been thousands of dollars without even counting the price of rubbers.

So try all you want. If you are buying to collect, that is different than buying to try a blade. But, after the first blade you should generally buy when you know you want it or have tried a blade and know it will work for you. But buying because you want to try something can get awfully expensive. If you have the money and money is no object then go for it. But if your budget is tight, coaching is more valuable than newer and more fancy blades. I have come to realize that if I play with any decent setup for long enough (slow or fast) that I will get used to the timing with it and it will work for me.

I have also come to know that, when I was more beginner, what I liked was always fast and always felt great in topspin rallies. But at a certain point I realized that with blades that have a little more dwell time and more control, I win more, I play better in short game and in topspin rallies.

So it is worth knowing that as your skills grow, what you like in a setup will develop as you can feel more of what the equipment actually does for you.

This user has no status.
Oh, then i should say i buy to collect, and while i collect i try them too, and i don't buy any blade or all, i buy specific blades, for me to buy say 10 blades of specific requirements better for me than buying 50 blades most are cheap and end up with even less than 5 as the top best, so when i choose i choose carefully even if i will buy more and more, and from many threads here and there i keep my eyes on different rackets people are using and watching their reviews and impressions.

And for now, i think i am done with fast blades, only one i may get which is HL5 but this is just later plan, but for now i really want to go with blades that i want to use with LP and SP more, i have one Def blade and LP on BH, somehow i want to try something different so i can see how i can rate my current Def+LP, and here where i will have another collection maybe.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ok, i will keep buying more and i will get coaching later, no change of plan......hehehe

Hahaha. I love it.

But when you do get the Ma Long blade, you have to post a photo.

No more Kool-Aid for you, at least for an hour or so.