Hi there,

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Hello everyone,
i'm Carsten from germany, 43 years old, most people in my area know me as Suga D ( i used to DJ a lot when i was younger). I started playing table tennis when i was 13, took a pause at 22 and just started playing again in 2012 and it is so addictive. :)
Great forum. I've been just reading threads for a while, but some comments made me really smile, so i had to join you guys... Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Reactions: iHatePONGPING
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hey Mr DJ

Welcome.
Speaking about DJ, one of South African's prodigies kind of left table tennis for DJ :(
He was a former Butterfly Scholarship player and Africa Hopes player

His DJ passion ended up being his bread and butter and obviously his gigs are all during "training evenings"
He still plays in tournaments now and then, but at age 22 (just like you), is already out of proper competitive table tennis.
Maybe he will come back to the sport at a later age, just like you
Maybe you must speak to him and convince him that TT should be first priority :p

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Thank you all for the warm welcome. :)

Welcome to TTD Suga D.

Who hasn't found table tennis addictive??? :)
I somewhat regreted it that i took such a long break. That's why i love this site and it's title. I could play TableTennisDaily. ;-)
And on the days when i can't play, i really miss it a lot.
On a bad day (at work) table tennis makes me get rid of negative emotions and feel good again, and on a good day playing makes even feel better.

Hey Mr DJ

Welcome.
Speaking about DJ, one of South African's prodigies kind of left table tennis for DJ :(
He was a former Butterfly Scholarship player and Africa Hopes player

His DJ passion ended up being his bread and butter and obviously his gigs are all during "training evenings"
He still plays in tournaments now and then, but at age 22 (just like you), is already out of proper competitive table tennis.
Maybe he will come back to the sport at a later age, just like you
Maybe you must speak to him and convince him that TT should be first priority :p
Hi Tony,
that really sounds sad, what a pity to see so much talent unused. I wasn't playing on that high level when i took a break, but one of my friends has been real good and was playing in national cadets level in germany. His stats playing against Timo Boll was positive, but he stopped playing tt because he became a surgeon. So maybe your friend's gotta follow what his heart desires.
But i still can talk to him. Maybe we can have a DJ Battle and a proper table tennis match and if he loses, he's got to restructure his priorities. ;-)

By the way, thanks for the warm welcome.
The most interesting point about this is, i first got welcomed by 2 guys coming from my mothers homecountry, as i can see by your flags.
Wow.... Thanks again. :)

Welcome! i'm also pretty new and like this forum very much!

Thank you Mr. VicVoc32
I think i somehow fell in love with this site. :)
Very good & solid information is delivered. And also many of the same minded people sharing their love for this beautiful sport. Looking forward to read more comments of you. Keep it up, buddie

Last edited:
Reactions: mahomedy13