Super Ghost Serve by Japanese player!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Yes it's not that hard, angle the bat upwards slightly and slice underneath the ball with a slight upward movement.

It really is a good serve.
In training sessions this works pretty good, but during competitions you see these serves rarely. Now take a guess why? ;-)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
In fact all about this kind of serve is to place if very close to the net.

The point is not only to keep it so short and spinny that it bounces back, you also have to keep it real low.

Why would you not serve like that during match-play if you can perform the serve? It looks pretty much unreturnable so why not use it?
Higher class players know very well how to return this with a fast flip if it bounces too high. Please don't get me wrong. Of course it can be played during matches, but you need a real gentle touch. And if you don't practice this serve a lot, it's quite risky, cause there is just a small 'window' of height to keep it dangerously and play it like this guy does in the tutorial. The chances to hit either the net or make it bounce too high are pretty big if you don't practice this a lot. And i mean really a lot... But it sure can be done. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I'm not sayin' it's easy to flip this. But then how come you hardly see this being done on ProTour or WTTC? I guess there must be a reason, or do you think this dude is the first and only one who came up with this serve? ;-)
By the way...
Do you actually know the armlength of vladimir samsonov? ;-)
And there is quite a few tall and long-armed players in the top 200. ;-)
Again: it is a good serve to have as a variation, but i wouldn't want my game depending on this serve.

Last edited:
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
It is nothing special on the top ghost serve... To big and to slow... On the other hand is the ma lin serve ,which is fast and low.... This is much harder to acomplish. But the superfast serve is awsome. I have to master it. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I think this serve is perfect. nobody can flick this serve because is too short so even a pro player don't touch the ball.
if this serve is alternate with fast serve it will be very easy win a point.

Nobody??? Are you really sure?

Dude, i don't know which class you play or who you are coaching, and i'm surely not here to criticize you, but take a look yourself and look how high it bounces. The best serve he makes is the one bouncin right back to the net at around 0:17min. The other serves are way too high and i know even a few low class players that punish you with a fast flip, if you make it bounce that high, no matter how much backspin you put on it. So what do expect the higher class players to do with it?

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
I'm not sayin' it's easy to flip this. But then how come you hardly see this being done on ProTour or WTTC? I guess there must be a reason, or do you think this dude is the first and only one who came up with this serve? ;-)
By the way...
Do you actually know the armlength of vladimir samsonov? ;-)
And there is quite a few tall and long-armed players in the top 200. ;-)
Again: it is a good serve to have as a variation, but i wouldn't want my game depending on this serve.

Agreed and also please remember during matches your puls is much higher especially after long rally, so it is not easy to stay calm like pracitsing serve. Then you make it little to high and you get killed.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I am no Ma Lin, and sure not naked like him,
But here is my ghost serves

Hahaha, i guess the female viewers probably would like to see you takin' off the shirt, so i hope we ain't losin' 'em now. ;-)
But still: nice shirt and a great demonstration, Tony. Now that is exactly what i was talkin about. You're keeping your serve also very low and fast. The total opposite of the serve in the OP video which is rather bouncy.

Last edited: