Kids Training at LYTTC

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
I filmed and edited a new video to try and capture the vibe in the afterschool programme at LYTTC (Lily Yip Table Tennis Center), which is now my home club.

Each day the team drive to surrounding schools and pick kids up after school to bring them to the club and allow them to participate in the program, there are kids who have been involved for over 2 years, it's a really special programme. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy being involved!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2012
Matt, that is a great video, lots of enthusiastic kids learning good technique and having fun.

The club is in New Jersey USA right ? I am kinda puzzled as to why so many of the kids appear of Asian background/descent. The Middlesex county entry on Wikipedia has 21.4% of the population as Asian in 2010 census. Is there a problem getting participation from the white and black youngsters, or some other reason ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Matt, that is a great video, lots of enthusiastic kids learning good technique and having fun.

The club is in New Jersey USA right ? I am kinda puzzled as to why so many of the kids appear of Asian background/descent. The Middlesex county entry on Wikipedia has 21.4% of the population as Asian in 2010 census. Is there a problem getting participation from the white and black youngsters, or some other reason ?

Well, 1/3 (if not higher) of the world population is from an Asian background/descent.
But I also have the same question, why can't we get other ethnic groups involved. This seem to be the case in many countries - except for maybe Europe and Africa

TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews

Yes it's in Dunellen, NJ. We also have a large group of Indian players and a few Caucasian families but predominantly Asian. I think it's just the drawing card for the sport and also a lot of Lily's best networking contact comes from the Asian community.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Well, 1/3 (if not higher) of the world population is from an Asian background/descent.
But I also have the same question, why can't we get other ethnic groups involved. This seem to be the case in many countries - except for maybe Europe and Africa
The difference of culture. For westerner, parents prefer to let their kids expose to different thing by themselves. But in eastern, we more like want our kids to be exposed into something we want instead of kid wants.

If you really check on most us college and professional sport, a lot of athletes may only really learn how to play the sport one or two year before high school or college.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk