• Defender

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chopper

• Retriever

• Total voters
says Aging is a killer
So many times I see posters say that they are a 2 winged looper or full attacker and so on. Let's create a scale of 1-10 of player styles and say where you fall.

10 All out attacker : Relentless highspeed BH/FH topspin attack; Kreanga, Ma Long, Tokic
9 Attacker : Topspin emphasis, BH/FH attack, controlled fast blocks, flicks; ZJK, Boll,XuXin
8 Attack minded : Heavy FH topspin attack, controlled backhand; Wang Liqin/Waldner, Crisan
7 Modern defender: Aggressive backspin with strong FH attacks JSH
6 Allround attack: Soft topspin from close-in and distance, lobs, fish; Appelgren
5 Allround : Equal emphasis BH/FH with chop and topspin Johnny Leach
4 Allround defence: Topspin emphaisis but heavy use of blocks and pushes Typical local league player
3 Defender : Backspin emphasis but topspins and chops from BH/FH Typical local league player
2 Chopper : Backspin emphasis, generally attacks on one wing only ChenX, Matsushita, Ding
1 Retriever : Relentless BH/FH backspin Matt Syed

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Well, I guess I'm an 8/9 but I've got a liking to lobs too (so with a dash of 6?), also a fan of sidespin often mixed with topspin. You could say I'm a wannabe Xu Xin,- slightly modified and highly likely not as fancy watching xD My services are highly mixed, (Wang Hao, Ma Lin'ish) But I favour the side spin serve Xu Xin does.
As I'm using Tensor rubber on fh it will also ofc make my technique even more different. (Wong Chun Ting? :v)
Well, you get the picture.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
I would classify myself as a blocker-hitter or hitter-blocker and more of a counter hitter/blocker. Too many people can't loop low and fast so it is easy to hit the balls back before they recover from their loop stroke and are still admiring there shot.
I like to watch He Zhi Wen videos for inspiration.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Against weaker opponents that allow me to dominante with my playstyle, i would classify myself as a 9, against faster or stronger opponents i mostly end up as a 6.
Well, that is kinda how i see myself. To get a more objective picture, you should ask the ones who played against me. ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: iHatePONGPING
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I'm an 11....um....wait, there isn't an 11.

"Well why don't you buy two amps that go to 10 and turn them both up?"

"But these amps go to 11!"

Nah, I am probably an 8 or a 9 on this list. My game values spin and placement of topspin shots rather than all out ripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey, UpSideDownCarl, where did you find this video - it's priceless!!!

"These go to 11." :D:D:D

That is from a silly movie from the 1980s called This Is Spinal Tap. It is a spoof on some of the documentaries of rock and roll bands from the 1970s.

Reactions: Liten