Fish scales pattern Viscaria

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Okay. Yeah, that is what I was calling the 3-Dimensional effect of the grain in the Koto ply. My TB ZLF has that and the top ply feels good. My OSP V'King has a Koto top ply that has much less of the 3-D effect, or fish scales as you are calling it, but the top ply on that blade plays equally well. Not so sure it matters in terms of how the blade plays. But it sure does look cool. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
17864226319_a9c602dc34_b.jpg

So this photo shows a Viscaria with that and another without as much of it. Yes?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Your comments mean fish scale s pattern is better than normal wood?
Right?

My comment meant that I have a blade with a Koto top ply that has it and plays well and another with a Koto top ply that doesn't have it and it also plays well. So I don't think it makes a difference as far as the performance of the wood. But it looks good with the 3-D effect.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
They need to promote the "fish scales" as being magically created and scientifically proven to raise TT looping spirits from the dead and imbue the ball with special resonances. Then make it a custom centennial Viscaria type with typical Butterfly inflated pricing.

Quartersawn wood just sounds lame as a cause...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 1 reviews
viscaria1.jpgviscaria2.jpgviscaria3.jpgviscaria4.jpgviscaria5.jpgviscaria6.jpgviscaria7.jpgviscaria8.jpgviscaria9.jpgviscaria10.jpg
there is a little difference, the surface is more sensitive, feel like is your hand, the glue doesn´t became a problem to take out (but that depends of the glue), but the most difference is the spin! this viscaria is very spinny! i saw in other trade that chinesse players prefers this type of scale (i don´t know if the extra spin is the reason, but who knows ,i think is a lot of another factors what make the difference for just believe if the scale affects they playgame), so just enjoy and prepare for the tournaments!

sorry i forgot! this is the new one i try with other one ¨fish scale too¨

Attachments

• viscaria11.jpg
    viscaria11.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 805
Last edited:
Reactions: Jirrex
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Nice!

I like those new ones with the green hologram. In the right weight they often play as nice as some of the really good black tag ones. And I think 90 g is the perfect weight for a Viscaria.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Feb 2017
Fish scales pattern Viscaria ?
I don't know what it is.
Any different normal Viscaria ?

I don't think it's anything special, since the cheapest blade I own has the fish scales. While it does play nicely, I have another of same model which doesn't and cannot distinguish between them.

Reactions: Suga D
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Some people think the fish scale look on a koto surface plays better. My favorite Viscaria has that look, but I'm not convinced it guarantees much. To me weight is more important. The one I like best has a slightly unusual weight distribution for a Viscaria, with more weight in the handle.

The one Juan Manuel has looks beautiful to me though!

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Yep. That DTC has it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
View attachment 12064View attachment 12065View attachment 12066View attachment 12067View attachment 12068View attachment 12069View attachment 12070View attachment 12071View attachment 12072View attachment 12073
there is a little difference, the surface is more sensitive, feel like is your hand, the glue doesn´t became a problem to take out (but that depends of the glue), but the most difference is the spin! this viscaria is very spinny! i saw in other trade that chinesse players prefers this type of scale (i don´t know if the extra spin is the reason, but who knows ,i think is a lot of another factors what make the difference for just believe if the scale affects they playgame), so just enjoy and prepare for the tournaments!

sorry i forgot! this is the new one i try with other one ¨fish scale too¨

Where can we buy this Viscaria with the green hologram? Please let me know.

Thanks