TabletennisDaily vs MyTableTennis.net

This user has no status.
Hello guys,

TTdaily is a great TT forum. Very active users and the site looks great. A lot of members are also on MyTT.net.
Sometimes they refer to posts on it.
In the past I already had taken a quick look to the site, but I like the lay-out of TTdaily more.

Is there any difference between the posts on TTdaily and MyTT.net? Or is it just another TTforum?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I read stuff on other forums but I try to restrict myself to just posting here because I am such a blabber mouth and a trouble maker that I probably would just spend all day posting if I posted on the other forums as well.

I feel like there are some good intelligent posters on forums like Ooak and MyTT and perhaps a few extra higher level players who post on those two forums. Also there are more pips-out players on Ooak.

But in the end it is not that different, the subjects covered are usually similar, and I feel the same about liking how TTDaily is laid out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
It would take a very extreme case for HaggisV to do something like delete a user or hiz posts.

I have been active on just about any major TT forum of importantance as SJ mentioned (except for USENET - I'm not THAT ancient), but unlike Carl, I am an international trouble maker who does not restrict himself to one green pasture.

In older days, MyTT was a wild-west anything goes (and did) place where mostly young fanboyz gooed on themselves talking about equipment and non-existent technique. Now that place is much saner, but yes, the website development isn't to great, but what the heck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
MyTT.net is also less mobile-friendly. The white background is not so good in the dark and there's no special mobile version of the site so you constantly have to swipe.

My phone gives me a mobile version of mytt - not that I care much for mobile versions of anything in general.

Don't let any crazy people put you off mytt or ooak - I am a member of all three sites - I like to think of mytt as having a more American membership/focus and this site as having a more European and of ooak of course as being more Australian but all are good global sites and internet TT havens. What I like about this site are the web design investment and the official pro accounts - in general, Dan does a great job doing good extra stuff with his playing level and resources.

Reactions: TableTennisDaily
This user has no status.
to me or my opinion only:

TTD: my favorite so far, i like the design or the style, and the quick response, and mostly i like that when i post in any thread then i can see the number of threads or posts done from that bell icon above, it is really helpful.

OOAK: It was maybe my first ever site of TT i registered in, or could be the first one ever i started to post, the only thing i like about it is the videos and the pips topics, i like to read more about defenders and watching them, and that site did a great job for that, it is like they did the research rather than i do, also many practice videos, but the responses there are not that much friendly than here, but in any site in the world, you must see members who either offend you or you offend them.

MyTT: until now my account is not activated, and i sent a message to one admin but he replied that i should message one of the moderators, this alone made me to put a big X on this site, i even stopped to visit and read there, maybe one day i will change my mind and re-visit it again, but if i am unable to post there until they activate my account makes me feeling that it is a bit strict site or need little more effort to be done.

I don't care about other sites available, once i am happy with 1-2 sites then i don't look further to another, same i do with fotografy, i am registered in over 40 sites of Photography but ended up using or posting in 2-3 of them.

Keep good work here, i had some posts here that are not so welcomed or offensive or some members feel funny about me, but i don't destroy the whole because of 2-3, and sooner or later i may stop posting here forever once i stop playing table tennis.

Reactions: JulienB
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
I think TTD has a bit too many advertisements, but I forgive Dan cause they are all table tennis advertisements... :)

The site has some definite extra functionality, like the social-media-esque notification if a thread you comment on gets commented on, but, truth be told, I'm not a big fan of the black/grey coloring scheme.

I have an account here to get a different perspective from more European members instead of the more American-based myTT. I didn't like OOAK's layout when I ventured there, and I think frequenting two forums is good enough for me.

This user has no status.
I think TTD has a bit too many advertisements, but I forgive Dan cause they are all table tennis advertisements... :)

Yes that's true. But quality has its price. If you want interview with the pro's and other pro features, you have to pay for it (or give the pros an interview for free??). The only way to break even AND be a free forum is adding advertisements IMO.

This user has no status.
I have an account here to get a different perspective from more European members instead of the more American-based myTT.

I like to think of mytt as having a more American membership/focus and this site as having a more European and of ooak of course as being more Australian but all are good global sites and internet TT havens.

Does it matter of which nationalities the users are? I wonder whether Americans post other things than us Europeans...

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
As far as I can see, people have a lot of the some issues in the sport regardless of where we live. We are concerned with where to play, the nature of our equipment and where to buy it (and where to avoid), and the play of the top players and how we can get better. Also stupid things ITTF does, and these days, balls.

The various forums have some differences. MyTT is more North American, this one has more UK focus, and OOAK has more posters from the Antipodes. MyTT and TTD both have a substantial number of mainland European posters, it looks like this one has more. MyTThas been around longer. I like the video reviews here, but the buy and sell forum at MyTT is the best in existence I think and it attracts a lot of Europeans. I think there are fewer flame wars and trolls here, which I find refreshing and that is true even though a lot of posters here are younger. MyTT has always had a tendency for things to get pretty heated, not always a bad thing, but sometimes. I like the look of this site, but I have been at MyTT a long time, so don't mind it either. OOAK is very much about LP and people are polite to the point of being almost stodgy and have some pretty conservative ideas about the sport in general.

Anything that promotes the sport or helps players connect is good. That is the bottom line. There is room for several large English language forums.

MyTT has helped me find playing partners and places to play all over the world. I am sure that will happen with this site too.

Last edited:
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
In response to Julien, one difference between European posters vs. Americans is that Europeans have very active leagues, and there lots of clubs with excellent playing conditions. In most of the US we don't have the same sorts of leagues (even where I live, which is something of a TT hotbed), and here we generally play in individual tournaments. In a lot of the US, people have a hard time finding places to play, and their conditions may not be good and not available more than a few hours a week. Also in US I think it is fair to say that a lot more of the players are immigrants and/or started later in life. So those things have some affect on the content of American/Canadian posts compared to the concerns of someone from Belgium or Germany.

But about 80% of what we care about would be the same as you.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
...I think there are fewer flame wars and trolls here, which I find refreshing and that is true even though a lot of posters here are younger....

Based on my personal experience with the above-mentioned TT forums, the most active/obnoxious trolls are no spring chickens, quite the opposite actually.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Does it matter of which nationalities the users are? I wonder whether Americans post other things than us Europeans...

Because I live in America, I meet a lot of fellow posters at local tournaments or play at the same events even when I don't meet them. We also give more time and space to American tournaments/events. NA is mostly USA and Canada (and occasionally Bermuda etc.) so it is a pretty small. Oh, and everything Baal said.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Well,

I have been in Denis forum lo~ng. If including the time I just lurk as ghost guest, that would be 10 years. :)

Wiggy, JKC, Denis, TTenthu, Speedplay, Wingspan, Haggisv, VincentB, DTop, Izraphel, PPPaddy, Timo_Boll, SoM, etc, all of them are nice people. Well, most are quite hotheaded people for Indonesian standard. :)

I remember following weeks per weeks JKC project on raising His Son, or VincentB quest, and Wiggy “duels” against famous old player.

Long story short,

Thanks to Tapatalk, I came to Table Tennis Daily, OOAK, and Table Tennis Forum.

Dunc, Dan, Der Echte, Carl, Pippy, Ross Leidy, Lorre, Iskandar, Tareq, etc

I do love reading Nexy and Ross Leidy journal and in Ooak. That gave me insight on technical aspect in table tennis

On the other hand, I tend to find that I can find much resources on “on hand” aspect of table tennis in TTD. The update much faster than other forum.

Well,

I thank you all for the great experiences. :)

This user has no status.
In response to Julien, one difference between European posters vs. Americans is that Europeans have very active leagues, and there lots of clubs with excellent playing conditions. In most of the US we don't have the same sorts of leagues (even where I live, which is something of a TT hotbed), and here we generally play in individual tournaments. In a lot of the US, people have a hard time finding places to play, and their conditions may not be good and not available more than a few hours a week. Also in US I think it is fair to say that a lot more of the players are immigrants and/or started later in life. So those things have some affect on the content of American/Canadian posts compared to the concerns of someone from Belgium or Germany.

But about 80% of what we care about would be the same as you.

Aaah this makes a lot clear. Sometimes when I watch the videos of Americans I find it very weird. How can such a passionated man just play in a garage or sth, at places with poor conditions as you said? Normally you would expect that someone who's very passionated plays in a club etc. But the fact that there are not so many places or clubs to train explains everything. Also, a lot of Americans have an 'onorthodox' technique (which is not necessarily worse) due that they begun later in their life.

In Belgium (and normally also in whole Europe) everyone has a coach because we play in a club. Our club is not so big so we only have two coaches but the bigger clubs (within 30 minutes driving you have 4 or 5 what I call bigger clubs) have more than 10 coaches. I have been playing since I was 12 years old, which is pretty late in Belgium. Now I am 17 years old for those who want to know. All those factors make it easier to learn the 'correct' technique.

But I must add not every club plays in the city sports hall, some play in a school's sports hall. TT is a little sport so others sports have priority.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I agree about that all TT forums should keep supporting this sport than defending each one opinion, mostly what destroy the thing is when we fight on the same thing and we both correct or we both wrong, but the problem comes if someone is correct and the other is wrong then it becomes like the judgement day, so if i did a mistake in posting it shouldn't be the end of life, also i don't put oil on fire if someone did a mistake, we have to learn from each other and there is nothing more than learning from our mistakes or others mistakes, but sometimes there are people just like to show superiority if they are right about something which i hate this attitude, and some members are smart to notice that, so the more polite straight-forward answers less fighting topics the better the forum will be.

This user has no status.
Well,

I have been in Denis forum lo~ng. If including the time I just lurk as ghost guest, that would be 10 years. :)

Wiggy, JKC, Denis, TTenthu, Speedplay, Wingspan, Haggisv, VincentB, DTop, Izraphel, PPPaddy, Timo_Boll, SoM, etc, all of them are nice people. Well, most are quite hotheaded people for Indonesian standard. :)

I remember following weeks per weeks JKC project on raising His Son, or VincentB quest, and Wiggy “duels” against famous old player.

Long story short,

Thanks to Tapatalk, I came to Table Tennis Daily, OOAK, and Table Tennis Forum.

Dunc, Dan, Der Echte, Carl, Pippy, Ross Leidy, Lorre, Iskandar, Tareq, etc

I do love reading Nexy and Ross Leidy journal and in Ooak. That gave me insight on technical aspect in table tennis

On the other hand, I tend to find that I can find much resources on “on hand” aspect of table tennis in TTD. The update much faster than other forum.

Well,

I thank you all for the great experiences. :)

Thank you very much BeGo to mention my name in your post :)

Reactions: BeGo