Why are the Nittaku 3 star premium 40+ poly balls are never in stock?

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I think you could well be right. It's hard to say without access to someone on the inside, and there are at least 3 different production methods being used with plastic right now - Chinese seamed (imagine that DHS and DF are pretty much the same), Chinese Seamless, Japanese Seamed - so they could all be facing different issues.

As for the orange balls - this drives me absolutely crazy too. The ITTF could have mandated that orange balls were required rather than leaving it up to the manufacturers to decide if/when they should be produced, but they didn't. There could be some technical reason why the plastic can't be coloured (but I can't think of any reason myself). It could be that you can't do an orange production run without staining the equipment in some way, so you have to have a different line for orange balls using different equipment (total guesswork, sounds stupid to me). I know that an orange ball has to go through the ITTF's registration process separately to a white ball, so there could be some time/effort/cost problems in getting that done. Or it could be that no one can make enough white balls anyway and there just isn't time to sort orange out, in which case we're moving too quickly and we shouldn't be forcing adoption of plastic yet.

My big fear is that DHS will produce the first orange plastic ball, which gives clubs a real dilemma. Use a horrible orange ball, or a reasonable white one? Arrrgh. Please XSF/Nittaku - beat them to market.

Yes, I am with both you guys on this. It could be Nittaku have supply chain problems or QC problems, but it is starting to get to be a long time without a plentiful supply and this is now getting pretty strange. I like them a lot. As you say, most like celluloid and very nice to play with overall. I only have a few left. Fortunately I like XSF also.

Andy noted on another thread that Tibhar has started to market a seamless ball. Very interesting development and I hope it starts a trend because if we had to all decide on one of these four types to become a standard, there is a great deal to be said for seamless given all we know now. NP40+ maybe is too hard to produce?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Even though my club is Butterfly sponsored, most of our club players started playing with the XSF balls first. Now that the Butterfly balls are out, our clubs members dont really want to switch back.

Nextel, i broke down and order some Nittaku balls from ttnpp and also they are also carrying Kailin booster now. Thanks:D

This user has no status.
My order for the balls and other knick knacks came in. From Hong Kong to NYC in 7 days, a new record. Must be the slow summer months.

ScreenHunter_351 Jul. 17 12.39.jpg

Last edited: