European Youth Championships 2015

says Aging is a killer
He didn't shake the umpire's hand either at the end. Young Master Rossi needs a good lesson in anger management. I saw the exact thing happen in the English Junior finals (Drinkhall V Knight) a few years ago. But at least Darius had the strength of character to shake the umpire's hand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
Kids to express anger is totally fine with me, as long as they learn either with punishment or creative talks with parents friends and of course trainers how to be relaxed and dont let themselves too overwhelmed by feelings of any kind. Being very young in a competition is quite difficult and challenging

zjk chen qi ma lin wang hao were all punished hard as youngsters, so its something natural

p.s. lets not forget that rossi apologized immediately acknowledging his bad behavior, off course that doesnt mean he didnt deserve the red card. rules are always rules

Last edited:
says Aging is a killer
He did not get a red card. Only the tournament referee can do that.
He was 8-10 down (match point). he slammed his bat on the table. He must have then received a yellow/red warning which means a point to his opponent. As he was match point down, then that point would have given the game and match to Xu.
To get a yellow/red, he must have received a yellow earlier. I suspect it was for a similar offence of bat mistreatment.

says Aging is a killer
Misbehaviour penalty

Yes. You are sharp.
At 8:14 originally I was looking at the kid and thinking that he could be on slippery ground. He was unlucky in that the bat landed on the corner and the spring in the sponge caused it to kick, making the incident look worse than it was. The match point incident was well deserved though.

Umpire's hint to all players, number 1.
If you are on the show court or the match is being broadcast, expect extra observance from umpires on rules of behaviour.

Umpire's hint to all players, number 2.
If you see another umpire sitting close by with a notebook, be even more careful. That second umpire is marking the match umpire as he under inspection or examination.

You might not like it, but 'c'est la vie' and human nature.

Reactions: fanTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2012
The EYC are my favorite competition, this event remind me when I was a coach and I worked entire season to qualify my athletes for this competition, what good memories!! :)
The atmosphere is unique, many young players who dream of becoming champions in the future. Maybe few will succeed, but all honor the jersey of their country and fighting for their teammates in the team competition.
Players know new friends, sometimes comes some little "love story" and all this makes the 10 days of competition "unforgettable days"!
See you next year EYC ;)

Reactions: brabhamista and Dan