Probably the best 40+ ball ? Nittaku Premium (MIJ)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
xushaofa-g40-new-seamless-table-tennis-ball-3-stars-ittf.jpg

XuShaofa newest product, seamless, very special plastic unlike to ABS.
http://ttnpp.com/store/home/918-xushaofa-g40-new-seamless-table-tennis-ball-3-stars-ittf-39.html

Last edited:
Reactions: langel

I like very much the seamless balls of the Minkow factory /its the only one to produce seamless balls/ because of their consistency, long lifetime and the best spin amongst all plastics. This new seamless is ment to bring back the real sense of the lost in plastics spin. Thumbs up and waiting for it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
I've played with some of the new Xushaofa seamless balls, and like them quite a bit. The club I was playing at has tons of the nittaku's, and I think those are nice too. I think my favorite so far is the butterflyl G40+, which has a nice crisp sound and a great bounce.

On a related note: I just picked up some DHS D40+ orange balls from AliExpress - I hope they're decent balls! Anyone have any experience with them?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2015
The question of best ball should consider other factors if playability is similar and acceptable.

How long does the ball play in new like condition ? 5-10 hours or longer ?

How much does it cost ? is there a major difference between good balls ?

Is cost and durability an issue for use as a training ball ?

How many tournaments in your area use the ball ? You do need to train with the same balls.

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Nittaku Premium is still the best!

The Nittaku Premium is great when it's new, but it does seem to go shiny quite quickly. Excellent for match play but if you like to play practise (or social) games with used 3-star balls you may prefer something which stays matt for longer, like the Xushaofa or the Joola Flash.

Reactions: Simas and langel
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Nittaku Premium is still the best!

True. Nothing about that has changed since they came out.

I am not enthusiastic about yet another type of plastic we would need to get used to.

Reactions: Suga D
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
SHINY BALLS ARE SOME CRAP UNPLAYABLE.

I used to swap balls every other playing session, just for not liking those shiny balls.
We have now ultimately decided on the DHS D40+, mainly for economical reason. I can now get D40+ ITTF *** at 0.65 a piece. It is the most affordable plastic available from CHINA. The ball of decent quality.

Reactions: Simas
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2016
All plastic balls are crap,and very bad,professional coaches and top players say,but the best dhs d40+,after nittaku premium 40+,and butterfly g40+.The playing characters closer to the old celluloid ball dhs d40+.and nittaku premium 40+.
Much different but these are closer than others shit.No any good players or any tournament use xfs and other shit.

All plastic balls are crap,and very bad,professional coaches and top players say,but the best dhs d40+,after nittaku premium 40+,and butterfly g40+.The playing characters closer to the old celluloid ball dhs d40+.and nittaku premium 40+.
Much different but these are closer than others shit.No any good players or any tournament use xfs and other shit.

Everyone has the right to express freely his thoughts and feelings.
But the way he does it do matter.
The way you do it is very rude and blatant and is not appropriate for an open forum community.
Please mind your manner.

Reactions: thomas.pong

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Got my club to switch from G40+ to D40+ 3* for both training and competition, better balls and the club is saving money so everyone's happy.

Same with my club. Very good impressions after half of the season, we train and play with the same 3* balls and we spend slightly less than we paid when cracking 100 1* training balls + 100 3* Stiga Optimum balls for co,petition (both dying regularly when hitting racket edges or the walls).

I've grown to actually like the Joola Flash balls.quality is pretty consistent.

I plaid only few times competition matches with Joola Flash in our district but they were cracking very much like older Stiga and DHS DualCell balls...

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
LOOKING FOR A SPINNY BALL ??? GIVE A TRY TO THIS "YELLOW STAR" PRODUCT.

Please take note of the sign YELLOW STAR on the box . It is an impoved version of the regular V40+ (without a star on the box).
The ball was intentionally re-designed for international events. The ball had been used at World Cup London 2018.
v40_new.jpg

0.70 USD per one , AliExpress store.

Be happy.

Last edited: