Let's do more for girls and women in table tennis

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
This OUTSTANDING vid has everything to make not TT people motivated and think good of the sport, but it only has 5000 views.

ONLY 5000? Marketing problem. This should be a viral vid easily.

I'll add it to Korea Foreign TTC and help him out with another 300 views (whoppie) but they all count.

Promote !!

says Aging is a killer
The first big problem for western culture, is that females are not into sport like males. Neither for taking part nor spectating. Sure there is a big bunch of exceptions. But generally they don't appreciate sport like males do.
How to change that? I don't know.

They love getogethers for Yoga or exercise classes where they do things together. For TT, they also love all-girl sessions where they are free to chat etc. But transfer that into competition? That's the problem.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There are already several good comments.

I teach yoga. I teach some classes at Crunch Gyms. In my yoga classes I notice the percentages. They are attended by approximately 95% women. Usually in a class with 40-60 people in it, there will be one or two men. Sometimes none. The rest are women.

But I also look at the numbers in the Workout Classes. In the classes like Pilates, Body Sculpting, Interval Training, Circuit Training, BOXING, it is 70-80% women.

The men at the gym are generally in the weight room working out alone or with a training partner and for the most part they are focusing on lifting as heavy as they can. Or they are using the boxing equipment alone or with a training partner.

Perhaps because table tennis is primarily a one on one event and is not as social or group oriented it attracts fewer women.

I know, when I play with my sister, we spend a lot less time playing and she spends a lot more time talking than I like. Hahaha. And I will make fun of her and ask how she thinks she is going to get better if she's always talking so much. But she is pretty decent even if her biggest goal is that she wants to beat me which isn't going to happen. Hahaha.

So, I guess the question is, how do we get more girls and women involved. I know my daughter is absolutely not interested at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: fais
This user has no status.
Sorry for being harsh, this especially true for Indonesian.

At least 2 weakness of TT culture for women compared to Tennis:

- we did not let girl to be girl, in fashion. :)
- in tennis, families gathering with other families, bringing their children to play together on weekends. In table tennis, imagine, as a girl, going after sunset to table tennis gym full of ruffians...

:)

This user has no status.
Carl, i am with you on girls like to talk more than play. Hehe. When my gf gets to talk a lot when she plays against me she plays better, but the opposite happens to me. I, on the other hand cannot focus on the ball if i start talking.

I guess the average girl will play TT if it is more of a social event than a sport.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, i am with you on girls like to talk more than play. Hehe. When my gf gets to talk a lot when she plays against me she plays better, but the opposite happens to me. I, on the other hand cannot focus on the ball if i start talking.

I guess the average girl will play TT if it is more of a social event than a sport.

I think you have a good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk