Der_Echte gunna be in L.A. to Umpire

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I'm gunna be in Los Angeles to Umpire TT matches at next week's Special Olympics World Championships.

I think I got selected because my TT is crappy and my language skillz in 4 languages are worse.

Anywayz, if anyone is gunna be in that direction, join in on the after-missions of TT mayhem.

L.A. and the world will be utterly unprepared for the LULZ. :D

Reactions: Pongfinity and BeGo

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Awesome Der! You will have a fun time there. If I was near I would join you! Enjoy the weekend, and of course the after missions of TT :D

We should look into covering the event on TTD! Do you have much informations about it?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Der_Echte, is that guy BH Man from MyTT going to join you? Hahaha.

Look out LA. Der_Echte will take no prisoners.

I am willing to bet all the chicken and beer you can eat and drink that more TT people in LA will have one heck of a time on missions with good old Der_Echte than they even realize.

Sent from my LA TTPhone using SurfPongTalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
See how much I know! I always thought LA was just one city. How many cities are in NYC?

So even though you have Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Roosevelt Island, Rikers Island, it is all NYC. Even though you have Upper West Side, Upper Easy Side, Lower East Side, Alphabet City, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn Heights, Park Slope, Cobble Hill, Carol Gardens, Gowanus, Crown Heights, Jamaca Queens, Long Island City, Flushing, Inwood, Jackson Heights, Bay Ridge, Grave's End.....should I keep going? Hahaha.....it is still all NYC.

So where is the tourney? What city? What neighborhood? What address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
1! Was there 3 weeks ago. Though you people have 5 boroughs. 62 cities in NY state.

Nope! I deny that! It is all one city! [emoji2]

I do still need to find new ways of causing trouble! Don't I?

But if you didn't already know, NYC is not NY State. Albany and Buffalo are not part of NYC.

Last edited:
Reactions: aznalanx32
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In NYC we call all of that stuff "different neighborhoods" and you can cross the street and go from Upper East Side to East Harlem or Chelsea to Greenwhich Village and there will be almost no noticeable change.

And then you realize the tone and character of the neighborhood changes over a few blocks.

Last edited:
Reactions: agold
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The tourney is in Downtown LA convention center right next to Staples center.

We had our officials brief and are ready to go for Thursday. There is Singles, Doubles, and Mixed Doubles where there is a Famous person paired with one of the athletes to make a team. The tourney is gunna be a blast. It is from Thursday to Saturday.

As for TT aftermissions, I already crashed one of the Korean clubs the day I arrived off the plane and crashed the other downtown LA Korean club today as well as Westside TTC with a FB friend who visited me in Korea when I waz there.

I already took some of them on a mission and will try to get more of them involved Thursday PM.

I am easy to find as I fill up the screen pretty darned well and wear a purple jersey.

Here is a pic or two...

SP olym 1.jpg

Sp Olym 2.jpg

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The TT Athlete in the pic has a really crippled hand and has to toss up the ball with his paddle hand, but it doesn't stop him from enjoying TT or talking to Mr Rhee even if he doesn't know English.

There are so many stories going on at this tourney it is for real... and only a few will be told. I'll try to get more pics and simple background on some players if I can.

There are some really skilled players from Russia, Germany, Austria and some others.

Last edited:
Reactions: aznalanx32