G-1

5 out of 5 rating for G-1

The best forehand rubber I have tried out of the following : rasant powergrip , rasant, tibhar aurus, yasaka rising dragon, xiom omega 4 pro, xiom omega 5 tour, tibhar 1qxd, h3neo, skyline tg2 neo ..
Fastarc G1 incorporates the best qualities of the above rubbers :
1. tackiness like 1qxd (this helps a lot over the table short game, server receives, pushes, lifting underspin balls in a controlled manner without overshooting edge of table, sidespin-hook topspins)
2. spin/grip like rasant power grip (provides great spin when brushing looping as well as when you engage the sponge in close/mid/far distance game)
3. med-hard sponge like aurus (not too hard, but not also medium like rasant... this allows you to start engaging the sponge relatively closer to the table, without fear of ball overshooting due to high throw of rubber, or ball rushing to the net due to med-low throw...... the med-hard sponge also ensure adequate power from all usual playing distances)
4. med-high throw angle like rasant (helps in clearing the net easliy from close/mid .... )
5. blocking is also good like xiom rubbers .. no issue in this aspect
6. speed like omega v tour(not overly fast, but good enough for most playing distances .. a 9.1 types speed rating)
from the look, feel, and daily playing experience, it seems pretty durable as well !! Totally satisfied !! Highly recommended !! I m using it as FH on DHS long 5 blade, with tibhar 5Q+(power update) on BH. Great combination.

This user has no status.

Perfect balance on spin, speed and control.

This rubber is just extremely well balanced rubber.

It seems that this rubber is not very famous even though its quite popular in Japan.
As the Top TT equipment company in Japan, Nittaku has finally made a rubber that is comparable in terms of qualities of its own.

The G-1 stands for Grip on the ball.
With that being said, the grip of this rubber is insane.
The grip make me perform backhand flick to short backspin serves extremely easily.

Although the rubber is quite straightforward rubber and it does not have its own unique trait like Hurricane 3, I would recommend players to try this rubber once.
My very personal opinion is that, this rubber makes all techniques easy to do.
Please try it and you will understand. 5 stars.

Reactions: adi1024
This user has no status.

My favorite FH rubber atm

Analogy
1: Like H3 neo boosted but faster and with less spin
2: Like T05 but spinnier, more feel and less catapult effect hence slower but more control

Pros:
1. Insensitive to incoming spin so its good close to table and short play and blocking (push, touch, flick etc)
2. Good dwell and control
3. Just the right amount of tackiness. Serves and loops are very spinny but not so much that you require alot of effort to impart speed on shots (Like H3)
4. Great feel. You can tell if you've done something wrong and the amount of spin. Allowing for adjustments next shot and for development of technique if it is not perfect

Cons
1. Pricy like T05 (but the 1.8mm is often on clearance sale which significantly reduces the price)
2. Not so good for pro players with 100% perfect technique as you require good technique for good shots and this margin of error is small

Neutral points (Good or bad depending on your POV/ level/ style/ demograph )
1. No bouncy/catapult effect like T05. Meaning less speed and kill potential but more control and no need to worry about loops overshooting table even with ZLC close to table
2. Not as easy to find compared to other top tier rubbers
3. Like H3, it teaches you how to properly loop backspin via great feeling of the topsheet. It rewards proper technique and punishes improper/half ass loops.
Good for developing/ pseudo advance players. Bad for pro players who can do this with every rubber as the margin of error is small and not beneficial in match play

Conclusion
Great rubber for intermediate to advance level players who want something like T05 but less speed more control and is useful for developing technique (particularly loops)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Read 3 reviews

This is a decent rubber for the price, which is lower when bought outside the North American market. The G1 feels fast, yet controllable and spinny. The topsheet is relatively smooth but the sponge is similar to one of a Chinese rubber. The G1 produces a lowish, narrow arc that can be unforgiving at times. It can produce a lot of spin as well as punch on the ball. The G1 is comparable to the Tenergy series.

This user has no status.

A short review:
My style is mainly forehand loop/drive, backhand block/drive. I'm using the 1.8 "Thick" version on forehand and backhand of a 5-ply wood blade (walnut-spruce-ayous-spruce-walnut). I hope to try the 2.0 "Super Thick" version in the future.

Coming from H3/H3 Neo, G-1 feels like a faster version (like boosted). It does not have the strong catapult of Tenergy or MX-P, but has the higher throw, so the looping arc is better than MX-P. G-1 has the spin and consistency of H3/Neo, and yet the loops are fast and piercing like MX-P. G-1 does not have the spring sponge of Tenergy, so you need a full stroke. The sponge is hard and linear like Omega V Asia. But although the sponge on my G-1 is 1.8, it is faster than OVA max thickness.

Among modern rubber that I have used at least for several weeks (H3/Neo, T80, OVA, MX-P), G-1 has unexpectedly become my favorite of all. But this is with one week of play (5 sessions), so I also have the least experience with it, and do not really know how durable it is. It's my favorite because I need little adaptation from H3, so my shots are extremely consistent and predictable, yet it's more dangerous, and I am winning games against people I often don't win. I have never hit so many winners ever since using G-1.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 34 reviews

The Nittaku Fastarc G-1 feels similar to the touch as Xiom’s Omega V Asia but is two grams lighter at 49 grams when cut to my 157 x 150 mm test blade. The feeling on FH drives is very crisp and direct and there even is a hint of a clicking sound. FH loops feel great and are easy to execute. The throw angle on loops is medium high to high, providing plenty of clearance over the net. The G-1 definitively generates more spin than the P-1, possibly because I had more confidence to hit harder due to the firmer sponge. The control on loops is truly excellent and I was able to really work the angles. In my opinion, the G-1 is a little faster than the P-1 and accordingly provides plenty of power and arc to play loop-to-loop rallies several meters behind the table. Read our full review here.

This user has no status.

i play mainly block and smash on my BH and only Topspin on opening shots or when i cant get around fast enough to use my fh. I´m using a Fang Bo Carbon blade and play the G1 in MAX (2.0mm).
The amount of control this rubber offers is insane. i can block hard shots accurately. As i prefer to play with full strokes on my bh and fh this rubber gives me the confidence to go for it. I tried T05 before that and it felt similar to the G1 but bouncier with less control.
Flicks on short serves are ok, they dont blow the opponent away but it gets the job done. Longer backspin serves on the other hand area treat with the G-1. I feel so confident in just ripping through the ball its awesome.
Smashing is also very easy with this rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

This rubber was likely the best of the generation of ESN tenors that came out almost a decade ago (Baracuda, Hexer, Genius, Xplode, Energy Xtra, Vega Pro) and one of the very last to be released. Nittaku rubbers tend to be sold at a price premium in most parts of the world so this rubber has been far less popular than it should have been. This had changed in recent times at it is now available at discounted volume deals at many European retailers. This and the improved performance of ESN rubbers in general with the plastic ball is encouraging people to revisit the generation.

Fastarc G1 is like Tenergy 05 with less catapult - it is better than Baracuda in this regard as Baracuda was painfully slow and harder to block with. Fastarc fixes some of those issues.

It works well on all kinds of blades and rubbers and I use it on hard piles like wenge/Lati and Koto. It generates good spin and will reward many players. This is now my favorite rubber and will spend a long time on my paddle. I feel confident enough in the grio and the spin that I suspect it will be a long while before I use something else. It is like Omega V Asia but easier to play with and faster, which would have helped me had I known about this a year or two ago. It also has some of the spin qualities of rubbers like Hexer and Genius. It doesn't have the catapult of Vega Pro that I didn't like.

If you like any of those rubbers, give this rubber a try. You may or may not prefer it, but its quality is worth testing it as you may be pleasantly surprised. The fact that it is now cheaper in Europe is a plus as well.

says Aha, sorry. Trodde du var en annan Millesom spelar i...

I have played with this rubber very long time, with a lot of different blades, in periods. Its spin is in 10 tops all time, and the serves and loops are great. Durability is awesome, but im very careful with my rubbers, spray sometimes Stiga Energy Spray (with voc) on, to get the ultimate spin, and put Nittaku tacky covers. I have a 6 year old one that is shiny as new, played with 30-40 times.
It is a fast rubber, and im a soin player offensive mid from table, so you cant have a very fast rack to do close monsterside-loops. I have used it approx. on 10 blades. On Yasaka Galaxia Carbon i could not handle it, but it playes very good on Stiga Rosewood 5 & 7, Stiga Clipper CR. I now play it on my favourite blade Nittaku Septear Lead, which is a softer blad, and that combination stands.

The Cons i have noticed is when you get very sweaty and warm, or much heat in the hall, it tends to "die" because it draw the moisture towards the rubber. (Nittakus incredible rubber Renanos Hold has that same thing!.

Anyway, those of you that not tested it, do it.

P,S a youth young boy borrowed it from me for a tournament, and won, mostly for the others in that age had not received this kind of spin before :)

says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
says Hi there Tompa8888, Thank you for asking my opinion. It...
Mar 2015
Read 37 reviews

I gave this rubber a try and indeed it is a really nice rubber. It can do all, if you are thinking loop based attacking game. It has decent control and many gears. The catapult effect is low, which makes it a safe rubber when playing over the table. But I found it slow when looping, and a bit inconsistent when counterlooping. Also it is a bit slow. My alltime favourite is the Bluefire M1 and this rubber has some areas, where it is clearly better, but due to it's speed it is simply not as aggressive and not as efficient. If you are a looper, who likes to control the game, this is an insanely effective rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2021
Read 1 reviews

This is an excellent choice for those who desire a lot of spin, variety, reliable control, and/or adaptable to both forehand & backhand. Although the Fastarc G1 may not be one of the more powerful rubbers in it's price and performance range, it is still fast and can compete with more powerful rubbers when utilizing the G1's topspin capabilities. It won't be as spiny as many Chinese rubbers, but it isn't far off. The BH flick will take some time getting use to, but it will work well with good technique. I personally found this rubber to work best with my serves. Keeping the ball low to the net while maintaining high levels of spin is one of this rubber's specialties. Blocking with this rubber will be a nice surprise. The block capabilities are very well rounded between speed, spin, and control. The performance of the G1 will last longer than most, but be aware that it also chips easier than most other rubbers, so be careful not to grip the rubber to the table when playing if you can help it, otherwise it will last you a long time.I would recommend this rubber who's play-style revolves around servers, heavy spins, and high level variety in their gameplay.I would recommend this rubber be paired with an offensive 5+2 carbon blade.I do not recommend this rubber for beginners or most intermediate players.I do not recommend if power and/or control is your primary play-style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 4 reviews

I've been playing with this rubber for almost a year and it is still nowhere near being used up... It might have lost a tiny bit of speed or spin, but heck. Most of the rubbers I've used were very used up after 6 months. This is one of the two rubbers that withstood the hardest test... The test of time.I don't think there is much point in describing this rubber characteristics because it has been done to death. It smashes rather well, it does top spin well, it blocks well... Very good all-round and it just won't die. If you are short on money. That is the rubber to get. By the this time I would have killed 4-5 sheets of Jupiter 2, but this still is alive.

says Rozena! You complete me.
says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
You are broke. Your rent/mortgage is due. Your kids milk formula has finished. Your water and power bill is due next week.

Luckily folks, thanks to Nittaku charitable nature, you can play a Tenergy 05 like game with G1 for a fraction of the price. Thanks Nittaku, you are truly a live-saver. Whew!

says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
says Looking for a bat that makes me faster
Jan 2023
You are broke. Your rent/mortgage is due. Your kids milk formula has finished. Your water and power bill is due next week.

Luckily folks, thanks to Nittaku charitable nature, you can play a Tenergy 05 like game with G1 for a fraction of the price. Thanks Nittaku, you are truly a live-saver. Whew!
Depending on where you are, G-1 is either quite affordable or overpriced with respect to other ESN rubbers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Is G1 still a 5 out of 5 rating?
G1 is fine. It's arc is low. I don't know why one the reviewer said it has medium-high arc.

It is very direct. Where you want the ball to go, G-1 will get you there.

It's top sheet is gripier than other ESN rubber. And its durability is legendary.

There is some catapult effect. Yes less catapult effect than Tenergy or Revolution series. But when I played with G-1 on my BH side, I used Hurricane on my forehand. Yes, G-1 has some catapult effect when compared to hurricane.

I use G-1 on my wood blade. Now I am using carbon blade, C-1 is better.

It is a great rubber but it did not stop me from EJ'ing other options.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
G1 is fine. It's arc is low. I don't know why one the reviewer said it has medium-high arc
I think not many would agree with you on your assessment. I think the G-1 does have a relatively high arc only matched or exceeded by some hybrids line the Dignics 09c or Rakza Z. Recently I was surprised to learn that the Tibhar hybrid MK has a higher arc/throw.

If it seems different for you it might indicate that it is more an issue with your technique.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I think not many would agree with you on your assessment. I think the G-1 does have a relatively high arc only matched or exceeded by some hybrids line the Dignics 09c or Rakza Z. Recently I was surprised to learn that the Tibhar hybrid MK has a higher arc/throw.

If it seems different for you it might indicate that it is more an issue with your technique.
It is direct. Not as much catapult as other ESN rubbers. The sponge is also harder.

That is why its arc is on the low side.