Indoor or outdoor lamp oil? Also Copydex alright?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When i boost my rubbers they curl up like a scroll, both ends touching each other. How do you glue it on a blade with that kind of dome?

Even if i wait for the dome to settle down, the sheet has expanded considerably. I had to cut away about 2 to 3mm on all sides.

I would glue them on as soon as I could. But if they are seriously curled up you do have to wait a little.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
I'm back with some feedback. This is some good stuff, very pleasantly surprised of the effects from tuning the rubber. Speed and spin as expected was definitely noticeable and it just felt like the first day I played with the rubbers. The bounce was very pronounced. The fact that it softened the sponge helped with both rubbers hugging the ball more and producing incredible spin. This was especially cool on hard sponge like Rasant Powergrip.
So yeah good stuff. I'm also happy with Copydex, it's much easier to remove compared to the other water base glues, and you can either just catch one end and rip it off or as Der_Echte said in another thread, put some more paraffin, come back after 10min and just rub it off.

By the way I decided to restore my friends old rubbers too and he is amazed of the speed and spin his old Coppa's and Friendship feel. Here are some pictures
http://i.imgur.com/bsS9MrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ilObmUO.jpg
My ghetto hardware vice is outstanding, I botched it on Friday while I was at work using nothing but a hand saw.
I think the older denser sponges respond very well to boosting. They did require a lot more layers though before they started to curl and absorbed the oil immediately.

Right, somebody asked me about costs. The indoor lamp oil was around 5.90 and the 125ml Copydex I picked up for 6.25. Keep in mind this was on our account so I technically didn't pay for it, otherwise yes when I initially saw the price I thought might as well order TT glue. After coming home and checking the prices online you can pick the Copydex for as low as 2.80 and the lamp oil was 3.00 for a liter. That's more like it. Keep in mind you want the liquid bottled version and not the toothpaste of Copydex. I can highly recommend you this affordable, easy to find and tuning friendly method. It's really worth it. I even gave one of the Coppa sheets a bit of a voodoo with some lemon juice and honey to get the tackiness back. Didn't last long but it produced some wtf serves that were just too much lol :)

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
HAPPY JAPANESE ..

Every booster does contain some dose of a poison. [:(:] Manufacturers do use toxic materials and they always keep the factual composition of booster in secret, not for public knowledge.

China and Belgium produce boosters in plenty.
Japan prohibited selling and using boosters for all domestic retailers and players.

Japanese do care of their children wellbeing so much. Chinese do not.. Sorry.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
HAPPY JAPANESE ..

Every booster does contain some dose of a poison. [:(:] Manufacturers do use toxic materials and they always keep the factual composition of booster in secret, not for public knowledge.

China and Belgium produce boosters in plenty.
Japan prohibited selling and using boosters for all domestic retailers and players.

Japanese do care of their children wellbeing so much. Chinese do not.. Sorry.

in europe a very popular booster is the Dymax Maximizer. it is said Dima likes this one very much. It is open to the market and everyone can buy it. it is made in germany and on the bottle they print the incredients.