Table Tennis in Cape Cod?

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can ramble on and visualize it now... Abe stumblrs into the rec center/main admin bldg in the campgrounds... looks kinda wore out face expression then proclaims there cant be anyone good enough to really play tt. Some old gent picks up a hardbat laying around and Abe announces Game-On! Abe breaks out hiz Beasted-up Spartacus and announces " I... Abe am SPARTACUS damnit !!!" Then procedes to fleece the rich gent with deep pockets and a erases the arrogant smick from his face after the 3rd point... cause this gent needs it three times to believe it isnt luck.

Abe also gets a free family voucher for a one week stay next summer

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: agold
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Is there any place to play tt in cape cod ma? A club, rec center, anything? Thanks!

Where on Cape Cod are you going? When I was about 12 I used to play with some friends at the Provincetown Tennis Club. There also is a recreation center on the other side of Provincetown that had tables that I would play at. But there was never anyone who knew how to play for real. Just tennis players who thought they knew how to play table tennis.

Reactions: agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
Where on Cape Cod are you going? When I was about 12 I used to play with some friends at the Provincetown Tennis Club. There also is a recreation center on the other side of Provincetown that had tables that I would play at. But there was never anyone who knew how to play for real. Just tennis players who thought they knew how to play table tennis.

We're only gonna be about 10 miles away. Thanks a lot

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just called the tennis club, and they said although they got rid of the tables the community center has them. Thanks!

So will you be in Truro or Wellfleet then? My mom has a house in North Truro. I will be up there 8/19 or 8/20. When are you going to be up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Oh Sheeeeet. Another TTD matchup.

Well, I can see Abe any time I want to go up to Wang Chen's club too since we both hail from NYC. Or I can also drag him down to SPiN. Come to think of it, I wasn't even going to bring a racket to Cape Cod when I go. But maybe I will.

Sent from my PongPhone using TTDailyTalk

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
We are leaving wellfleet before you come, unfortunately. We are at a friends house. I went to the Provincetown community center today with no luck; the tables had just broken and they were working on replacing them. So maybe no tt at all in the cape!

There wouldn't have been anything but recreational players anyway. So, all good. You will train when you get back to NYC. Sometimes time off helps you get better too.

Reactions: Suga D and agold
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2014
Read 6 reviews
There wouldn't have been anything but recreational players anyway. So, all good. You will train when you get back to NYC. Sometimes time off helps you get better too.

Thanks, I hope so. I also tried FXP on my BH. I had mixed feelings. When I get to a computer with stable wifi I'll write a little review comparing them.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks, I hope so. I also tried FXP on my BH. I had mixed feelings. When I get to a computer with stable wifi I'll write a little review comparing them.

Cool. Sounds good. If you have more control and take a fuller stroke with the Elpis that is the better rubber for your BH.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2017
We could do an international meet up one day. I visit the area from the UK in early June sometimes for a couple of weeks at a time fly fishing for striped bass . I’ll bring my bat along with my waders next time !.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys, as I arrived at cape cod a month ago I was wondering if there is anywhere in 2019 in the cape where I can play some tennis.

We could do an international meet up one day. I visit the area from the UK in early June sometimes for a couple of weeks at a time fly fishing for striped bass . I’ll bring my bat along with my waders next time !.

Just checking if you guys realized that this thread was from 5 years ago? Not sure you will get useful answers when asking a question to people in a thread from that long ago.

And as I said above, it is likely that, in Cape Cod, you will only find recreational players. That would still be entertaining and fun. But, probably not very competitive.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Now you gotta lookout for the Goon Squad buddy :D

Yep. Now I am scratching my head wondering if it is the goon squad's job to wake up these dead threads to trick members, or if it is the goon squad's job to enlighten people who get tricked by necromancy and get them to see through the lurid trap. :)

Say, is that Suh Hyo Won over there? Gotta go! :)