Votes: 22 26.8%
  • 95-100

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
depends on the blade. if it's stiffer then i want something light weight. more flexible i like heavier. i can get more blade movement with a lighter blade and looping is easier with the stiff blade when its light. if it's heavy i cant loop. if the blade is flexible then looping wont be an issue, and a heavier blade would be better so i can get more power.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
When I used a blade that was 95 grams I thought that was the perfect weight. When I used a blade that was 86 grams I thought that was the perfect weight. Right now I am playing with a 90 gram blade and I think that it is a perfect weight. The first racket I really loved, I never considered the weight. But it felt awesome. When I started playing for real I took that racket from when I was a in my 20s and put it on a scale. It was 110 grams of raw power: a butterfly Mazinov that I got in 1991. Back then I only played for a few months and I pretty much sucked. But that wasn't the blade's fault. And 110 grams, back then did not feel too heavy. In fact, it felt perfect.

But, in the end each player is different. I feel like my arm and shoulder are strong and can handle any weight. A table tennis racket weighs a lot less than a baseball bat. But, some people need to have a racket that isn't too heavy to protect their shoulder and elbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I have different blades from very light to somehow heavy, but i am talking about only blade without rubbers, and from all those 9-10 blades i have, the best 2 i like are: DHS Hurricane Hao III & and YinHe/Galaxy T-11+ then followed by Jun Mizutani and Carbonado 190, but i think most of my blades are in the lightweight side and maybe only 1 or 2 is almost 90gm or more.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
My preferred weight range is not listed. :D

Der_Echte's preferred weight is an 85 gram blade with 35 grams added to the handle, so 120 grams. Yep, not listed. Wait, he might like a 95 gram blade with 25 grams added to the handle as much or better, so that is 120 grams. Oh, still not listed. I think I might like those blades too.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, when we take apart your Clipper, have a box of toothpicks ready. Let's shoot for adding 15 grams. Since there is a LOT of empty space in handle, if we fill it all up with glue it will add 20 grams minimum.

Let's try for a small layer of glue on bottom, then a layer of toothpicks, a layer of glue, etc until it is filled, and also same treatment on the handle. That should strengthen and re-enforce it, completely fill it, and NOT add needless weight. That should give you the improved feel at impact, better weight balance, and ridiculous overall weight. Ur low 90s blade should come out around mid 100 grams to 110 grams.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
I have 178 grams tbalc 05fx/05fx and 190 grams vicaria 05/05fx. But honestly I really cant feel the difference in weight and funny because I even find the tbalc setup a bit heavier. Perhaps i prefer any setup weight between 175-200 grams as long as it meets my game style requirements and the grip feel is good for me.

Sent from my MI PAD using Tapatalk

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I am going to have to TRADEMARK the BEAST-UP MOD.

Yep. I would say that is your blade. You should get Nexy to make a special KJH blade with the extra weight added to the handle as your signature blade. That would be hysterical. The Walltrip Beast-Up Mod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
I just recently got a new FH rubber and it made my existing setup even heavier. I use a Hurricane Long 5 blade with hurricane 2 neo on backhand and Nittaku Hurricane 3 Orange Turbo on FH (heaviest rubber i've ever used geeeez). Now my total setup weighs 205g. I think it is hurting my game because I can't swing as fast anymore and therefore decreasing the quality of my shots.

Anyways though, I'm thinking of changing blades because the Hurricane Long 5 has a terrible handle, it's too thin and makes the head of the racket super heavy. I'm thinking of getting the W968 (national version of Hurricane Long 5) which has a much thicker handle. Thoughts?