Best 40+ training ball

This user has no status.
On the same lines, has anybody used the Nittaku J-top plastic balls made in Japan ? Any feedback ...

Have a look at this video.

[video]http://www.samsondubina.com/equipment/3-types-balls[/video]

I've ordered a box of Jtops from Paddle Palace. Just waiting on them. Apparently they are a favorite over there.

Reactions: keenansouthall
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
Actually, after my post one of my friends who is a coach for kids wanted to get the box of plastic J Tops . I got it for him and had the chance to play with one for a while. It felt pretty decent although a little slower than the regular one ...
Have a look at this video.

[video]http://www.samsondubina.com/equipment/3-types-balls[/video]

I've ordered a box of Jtops from Paddle Palace. Just waiting on them. Apparently they are a favorite over there.

This user has no status.
I've got celly balls already and trying to use them as much as i can until i can afford some good poly balls for training, the post here showing me that it is just like gambling or matter of luck, i may get good or bad packs, so should i wait longer or i just go with whatever and accept its results?

There is a brand i keep coming a lot to it, it is calls Schildkrot, but i did added that DHS Dual 1* for order, sounds i may give this a try first because it is cheap, 100 balls for less than $40 is a deal, if it didn't work fine then i just simply move on to another model.

This user has no status.
I received my Nittaku Jtops from Paddle Palace. As I expected they are top quality.

jtops.jpg

I had a go with the Robopong on random oscillation to practice my footwork and ready position reset speed. (Tiring after
4 buckets!).

The ball is great. It has the same weight and hardness of the 3 star premium. The bounce is predictable and none of that slippy, sliding wobble that I've had with other training balls. If you make mistakes, it's you not the ball. Is Nittaku the only one who said "right, here's the celluloid ball we're replacing. We won't stop the process until our ball has all of the quality of the old ball?"

Any way. Great job Nittaku. If you play with the N40+ normally in play and tournaments, this ball is a great ball for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Interesting. TT11 now offers a ball testing pack.
Test out all the 40+ balls (including training balls) to see which one's characteristics you like the most.

http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/catalogsearch/result/?q=comparison+pack

Wish i knew about it before i placed the order weeks ago, now i have to wait for next order to be placed sooner or later and i already included this in the cart for next, so i hope it will be in stock until the time i order it.

This user has no status.
Hearing or reading those kind of things about PBalls making us [or just me] panic a lot about what to buy then.

I feel it is all coming to the price/cost, if we can't afford the top quality balls then we are just dreaming or wishing those cheaper ones doing fine for us for long time.

I may able to buy those top quality balls sooner or later, but many times i think why bother if they are for training only and i may not feel the big difference after all, so just because it is more durable and bouncing better doesn't justify it to be about 2x-4x the price of cheaper one, that if they are really that much higher quality and longer durability and really noticeable perfect bounce.

And as i said in another thread, i am hoping to see more of those 2* 40+ balls, they are not ultimate premium quality maybe, but aren't they supposed to be better than 1* balls anyway?!!! Waiting and fingers crossing.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I would honestly suggest using 3* seamless balls for training. Find the cheapest ones you can get, maybe Kingnik or something like that. They are pretty durable and playable. 1* seamless are really bad. And the cheapest 3* seamless may not be much more expensive than some of the Nittaku Japan practice balls.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
i'm quite happy with my Gewo 2 star

I have seen some terrible 1 star eggs (lucky they are my brands from my shop), I use Yasaka 1 Star for my training too and so far so good.
Just landed Andro 1 star polyS ones, my clients has good feedback.
I will also take few boxes to try out.

I have to note, my students are kids, so the ball tends to last longer due to the "lack of power" :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
I got a deal on 144 joola Magic training ball 144 for $50 or something. Fine training/ robot ball. you can feel it's light, but hard, less speed, bit less spin bounce is a bit lower. Quite durable, pretty round have only noticed two or three not being round could be a bit heavier. I have a friend that just got the kinson I think there a good training ball too. Of course they don't compare nitaku three star these are training balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk