Restoring warped 40+ plastic balls.

This user has no status.
So I ran into this problem where I left my tt bag in my car out in the texas sun, and my xushaofa 3 star seamless ball warped under pressure. I was able to restore it nearly completely by immersing it in hot hot hot water under a minute or so (not too long). After fishing it out of my hot water bug, I quickly spun it on multiple poles. My theory being hot air inside the ball will expand the malleable surface, and spinning it would distribute the internal pressure more evenly.

I wish I had taken pics for before and after. I was surprised at how well it worked, but I imagine that is because the ball was seamless. Has anyone run into similar problems? If you have warped plastic balls, perhaps this little experiment may be worth trying and report here?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
I was looking for a place to share this, this thread seems to be the perfect place...

Yesterday during practice my daughter step on a seamless XSF 3* ball. The damage was not to bad, I was able fix the ball, a little using my fingers. The ball was still useless.

Then I placed the ball in the microwave. Two rounds of 30 seconds each. The ball is ready for practice once again [emoji41]

Kids don't try this at home [emoji435]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Suga D and fais
says beginner (rating 700)
says beginner (rating 700)
May 2019
Microwave did the trick for me. 2 rounds, 30 seconds each time... [emoji621]?

I just stepped on a 40+ ball, and tried the hot water trick on it, but it didn't work. When you microwaved your ball, you put it in there with or without water?

IMG_8254.JPG

This user has no status.
I just stepped on a 40+ ball, and tried the hot water trick on it, but it didn't work. When you microwaved your ball, you put it in there with or without water?

View attachment 19337

Yeah that damage looks intense. Mine had a minor dent in it and some warping but that’s it. Looks like you need to fix it before hand quite a bit before you can “tweak” using the hot water or microwave trick. The entire structure of this ball has changed so I don’t expect these tricks to fix that.