Welcome to the Wonderful World of Table Tennis!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi guys, seeing as you picked up my Ban Junk Rubbers video and seemed to like it, I thought you might enjoy the follow up video animation dealing with speed glue, boosters and tuners.

I can't insert the video because I don't have 5 posts yet, but if you are interested you can find it at YouTube under the name "The Wonderful World of Table Tennis".

If somebody would like to embed the video in a post below then please feel free.

Cheers,
Greg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks TurboZ for embedding the video. Much appreciated.

I do have a few more things to get off my chest, so no doubt there will be some more videos in the near future! :)

Reactions: Suga D and TurboZ
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi guys, seeing as you picked up my Ban Junk Rubbers video and seemed to like it, I thought you might enjoy the follow up video animation dealing with speed glue, boosters and tuners.

I can't insert the video because I don't have 5 posts yet, but if you are interested you can find it at YouTube under the name "The Wonderful World of Table Tennis".

If somebody would like to embed the video in a post below then please feel free.

Cheers,
Greg

And now that I see that those videos were made by you, DTopSpirit, the sense of humor fits.

You should know, about 5 years ago, I read a lot of the articles you wrote on table tennis for people starting out and learning how to play. Particularly stuff about playing with/vs anti-spin and pips and it was so helpful to me getting better as a player.

I remember the first time I played with a guy with long pips. I was hitting with him and I said, "wait, can I look at your racket!" He started laughing and he said, "you figured it out huh!" I probably never would have realized what was going on without having read some of your articles. That guy went on to be one of my favorite training partners for several years. He is pretty old now and has a heart condition so he can't play any more. Otherwise I would still be training with him. But I learned so much from playing with that fun old character.

Anyway, thanks for the great videos and the great sense of humor on subjects that sometimes get people out of sorts. I think, perhaps presenting it with this kind of sense of humor may actually be more effective than the guys who rant about the ITTF being __ __ __ (you can fill in the blanks however you want. Perhaps there needs to be more and longer blanks. hahah).

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
For anyone new to TT forums, or those who restrict themselves to causing trouble in only ONE (or two) forum ***cough CARL cough ***

DTop is a vet LP player and a vet on forums. He led and managed a big time forum for years, until jokers make it blow up.

DTop has every credential needed for a great rep.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Carl, if this doesn't get the Goon Squad after Greg, NOTHING will. I think we need to TTD community team up to help him elude the Goon Squads and standby in one of your Stakeout/Crack Houses in Brooklyn when the Goon Squad takes the bait and falls into Ur basement septic tank for the 3rd time...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
For anyone new to TT forums, or those who restrict themselves to causing trouble in only ONE (or two) forum ***cough CARL cough ***

DTop is a vet LP player and a vet on forums. He led and managed a big time forum for years, until jokers make it blow up.

DTop has every credential needed for a great rep.

Hahaha. It seems I know of him from some place like about.com somehow. Silly boy.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
In past days, Greg didn't post a whole tn on the forums, but you even mention hiz name, he would pop up on the thread almost instantly.

BTW, I waz just sayin' for the benefit of the forum, I know you dawdled and lurked in more than one forum. I think 90% of the forum doesn't know Greg.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Carl, if this doesn't get the Goon Squad after Greg, NOTHING will. I think we need to TTD community team up to help him elude the Goon Squads and standby in one of your Stakeout/Crack Houses in Brooklyn when the Goon Squad takes the bait and falls into Ur basement septic tank for the 3rd time...

I've got the 100% real, fake, counterfeit, Ma Long's pro version H3 and HLong5 997 blade to lure the goons. When they arrive they will have to play LP player Greg Letts in doubles. His doubles partner will be Kate Upton who secretly has been training up her skills for team Nexy! The trap door will be under one side of the table. The ruse will be that the winner gets to win the counterfeit contraband. But as soon as the goon squad is on the side with the trap door, we pull the switch. One more story of how we beat the goon squad at their own game.

And of course, the goon squad will include that member of the ITTF from the video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
In past days, Greg didn't post a whole tn on the forums, but you even mention hiz name, he would pop up on the thread almost instantly.

BTW, I waz just sayin' for the benefit of the forum, I know you dawdled and lurked in more than one forum. I think 90% of the forum doesn't know Greg.

Well, they are in for a treat if he comes on here every once in a while and chimes in.

"But I like putting heavy topspin on the ball!"

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I've got the 100% real, fake, counterfeit, Ma Long's pro version H3 and HLong5 997 blade to lure the goons. When they arrive they will have to play LP player Greg Letts in doubles. His doubles partner will be Kate Upton who secretly has been training up her skills for team Nexy! The trap door will be under one side of the table. The ruse will be that the winner gets to win the counterfeit contraband. But as soon as the goon squad is on the side with the trap door, we pull the switch. One more story of how we beat the goon squad at their own game.

And of course, the goon squad will include that member of the ITTF from the video.

Carl, have a heart and allow them to eat some chicken and beerz before you pull the trap door.

After all, it would be the third time they would have to spend a week in Ur basement septic tank eating nothing but sewer rats in the dark for sustenance before their boss figures out how to spring them. One of these days, the Goon squad is gunna learn their lesson.

Greg has gotta be looking at this wondering what the heck we have been talking about, but maybe he lurked on TTD long enough to read all the posts about National and Pro version rubbers.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Then U gotta tell Greg why you use an i-phone in your normal posts and why you use an NSA Spy phone using Phony Talk in your quotes.

Isn't the SpyPhone, the NSA Phone and the EJPhone on GoonSquadTalk top-secret stuff because we use it to track the goon squad? I thought nobody is really supposed to understand the high tech equipment we use in our ongoing skirmishes with the goon squad.

Most people should never let the goon squad know that they have been trying to get National H3 and Pro Tenergy. If the goon squad thinks you got the real stuff they might think you know the secret handshake! The things they would do to wrestle that secret out of poor unsuspecting EJs knows no bounds. And they would obviously rather harass a bunch of poor old saps for getting suckered into buying counterfeit products than cleaning up their own act.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi Carl - glad my writings helped you along a bit. I've been reading TTD for the last year or two as a guest member, but I usually just have a look at the topics that interest me and didn't want to stick my 2c into other people's arguments, sometimes my connection with the About.com forum tended to derail things. Now that I have faded back into peaceful obscurity, I can feel free to post and do things in my own style for my own enjoyment without having to worry about how it reflects back on my About.com gig.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hi Carl - glad my writings helped you along a bit. I've been reading TTD for the last year or two as a guest member, but I usually just have a look at the topics that interest me and didn't want to stick my 2c into other people's arguments, sometimes my connection with the About.com forum tended to derail things. Now that I have faded back into peaceful obscurity, I can feel free to post and do things in my own style for my own enjoyment without having to worry about how it reflects back on my About.com gig.

Well it will be good to have your input here. :)