Trainers for maximum practical cushioned support.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 2 reviews
Hi all
My spinal medical condition necessitates me to wear trainers with as much cushioned support as practically possible.
it seems table tennis trainers for ne, don't provide enough impact support.
Can anyone recommend any specific trainers from order sports?
Thanks
Andy

Hi Andy, sad to hear about your spinal medical condition, I hope it is something that you can still recover from and can still be fixed by your physician.

Here are the flats that are for me the top 3 for ultimate cushioning and support. I've used and still got all of these and they never fail to give me the ultimate cushioning that I need when I'm doing my long distance running, it feels almost like you're running on cake. However, the high level cushioning feature has quite a bit of a drawback if you use for table tennis specially if you're very active in doing your side-to-side movements. As you can see the soles are quite high and because of such, you have high chance of spraining your ankle if you're not careful enough. But there are several times that I've used the kayano and prophecy during my tt training as I came so late to even change my shoes, never sprained my ankle so far given that my footwork is pretty active. But still, I would advice caution should you prefer to use one of these.

mizuno-wave-10.jpg1. Mizuno Wave Prophecy
kayano-17-w-9099-1.jpg2. Asics Gel Kayano
New-Nike-Flyknit-Air-Max-2014-Men-s-Running-Shoes-Red-Blue_1.jpg3. Nike Fly-knit Air Max (This can be the best pick as it got the thinnest sole.)
65556_4432659582638_650718358_n.jpg(Doing long distance run with mizuno prophecy, like lp that kills spin, but this flats kill impact and amazingly gives you catapult effect at the same time lol.)

But I think hope is not yet lost when it comes to tt flats. You can give the wave medal 4 a try, I think it has the optimum wave technology among mizuno tt flats. I also believe this flats is where the bus stops when it comes to best cushioning that you can get from tt trainers. I haven't tried this yet but I've tried quite a number of running shoes with wave technology and they all have above average cushioning and support. I hope you can easily get access to this from sports shops near you so you can fit and check the feel first before buying. Get well, good luck and keep spinning!

img62414202.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Those insoles that vvk1 posted look great. Those should probably be part of the answer.

I would also look at top of the line Asics indoor Volleyball shoes. The profile is higher than TT shoes but they are made for torque and lateral movement. Unlike running shoes which are made for maximum cushioning when going forward. Indoor Volleyball shoes are also designed for indoor court surfaces. So the sole will work well for TT also.

Here is an example:

http://www.asics.com.au/by-product/shoes/indoor/mens/GEL-Volley-Elite-3/p/0010247958.0193

Not sure if those would be best for you but you can see that the profile is higher than a TT shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This user has no status.
i would recommend some badminton shoes, they are light weight and they are designed for shock absorption as well as most have a wavey insole so it would provide quite a bit of cushion rather than just height elevation from many running shoes

http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminton/products/badminton/footwear/shbf1nltd/
heres the shoes from yonex, if you click on the shoes and under product technology, it will tell you about all the cushioning and insole stuff

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl