Back to Forum
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 57 148
    This user has no status.

Established TTD Member 148 57

Trainers for maximum practical cushioned support.

Hi all
    My spinal medical condition necessitates me to wear trainers with as much cushioned support as practically possible.
    it seems table tennis trainers for ne, don't provide enough impact support.
    Can anyone recommend any specific trainers from order sports?
    Thanks
    Andy
    Member of
    Nutley Table Tennis Club
    Crawley Table Tennis Club
    Ashford Table Tennis Club (Middlesex)
    VETTS

says I compete, therefore I am

Senior TTD Member 579 776
    says I compete, therefore I am

Senior TTD Member 776 579
    Hi Andy,

I recommend trying these (or something similar) insoles:
    http://www.physioroom.com/product/Sp...013/39482.html

They fit perfectly, and make a world of difference.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 72 69
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 69 72

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AndyCouchman
    Hi all
    My spinal medical condition necessitates me to wear trainers with as much cushioned support as practically possible.
    it seems table tennis trainers for ne, don't provide enough impact support.
    Can anyone recommend any specific trainers from order sports?
    Thanks
    Andy
    Hi Andy, sad to hear about your spinal medical condition, I hope it is something that you can still recover from and can still be fixed by your physician.

Here are the flats that are for me the top 3 for ultimate cushioning and support. I've used and still got all of these and they never fail to give me the ultimate cushioning that I need when I'm doing my long distance running, it feels almost like you're running on cake. However, the high level cushioning feature has quite a bit of a drawback if you use for table tennis specially if you're very active in doing your side-to-side movements. As you can see the soles are quite high and because of such, you have high chance of spraining your ankle if you're not careful enough. But there are several times that I've used the kayano and prophecy during my tt training as I came so late to even change my shoes, never sprained my ankle so far given that my footwork is pretty active. But still, I would advice caution should you prefer to use one of these.

Name:  mizuno-wave-10.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  53.8 KB1. Mizuno Wave Prophecy
    Name:  kayano-17-w-9099-1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  34.9 KB2. Asics Gel Kayano
    Name:  New-Nike-Flyknit-Air-Max-2014-Men-s-Running-Shoes-Red-Blue_1.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  48.1 KB3. Nike Fly-knit Air Max (This can be the best pick as it got the thinnest sole.)
    Name:  65556_4432659582638_650718358_n.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  63.5 KB(Doing long distance run with mizuno prophecy, like lp that kills spin, but this flats kill impact and amazingly gives you catapult effect at the same time lol.)

But I think hope is not yet lost when it comes to tt flats. You can give the wave medal 4 a try, I think it has the optimum wave technology among mizuno tt flats. I also believe this flats is where the bus stops when it comes to best cushioning that you can get from tt trainers. I haven't tried this yet but I've tried quite a number of running shoes with wave technology and they all have above average cushioning and support. I hope you can easily get access to this from sports shops near you so you can fit and check the feel first before buying. Get well, good luck and keep spinning!

Name:  img62414202.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  20.8 KB

Last edited by HappySpinner; 08-19-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    Best gain, good friends. Greatest adversary, yourself.

This user has no status.

TTD Member 28 79
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 79 28
    You might also want to look into Adidas Boost. They provide good cushioning without being too mushy. They have a model where the whole midsole is made from Boost.

says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 15,764 14,155
    says I like to hit Heavy Topspin

Super Moderator 14,155 15,764

Trainers for maximum practical cushioned support.

Those insoles that vvk1 posted look great. Those should probably be part of the answer.

I would also look at top of the line Asics indoor Volleyball shoes. The profile is higher than TT shoes but they are made for torque and lateral movement. Unlike running shoes which are made for maximum cushioning when going forward. Indoor Volleyball shoes are also designed for indoor court surfaces. So the sole will work well for TT also.

Here is an example:

http://www.asics.com.au/by-product/s...010247958.0193

Not sure if those would be best for you but you can see that the profile is higher than a TT shoe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by UpSideDownCarl; 08-19-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Setup 1: Blade by Nate: Vortex Spin Machine, FH Evolution MX-K, BH Evolution FX-P
    Setup 2: OSP Virtuoso Plus, FH Rasanter R 48, BH Rasanter R 48
    Spin is Everything

This user has no status.

TTD Member 19 52
    L
    This user has no status.

TTD Member 52 19
    i would recommend some badminton shoes, they are light weight and they are designed for shock absorption as well as most have a wavey insole so it would provide quite a bit of cushion rather than just height elevation from many running shoes

http://www.yonex.com/sports/badminto...ear/shbf1nltd/
    heres the shoes from yonex, if you click on the shoes and under product technology, it will tell you about all the cushioning and insole stuff

The Following User Likes lycaon's Post:

UpSideDownCarl