Hey there

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
New recreational player from London looking for advices present!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2011
Hi Debo. All players are welcome on this site and I'm sure you will get loads of advice. Not sure what Unknowns problem is with you posting. Everyone has the right to improve and who knows, in time you may make the transition from recreational player to competitive player. Trust me, most people in the TT world are not as rude as Unknown

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hi Debo. All players are welcome on this site and I'm sure you will get loads of advice. Not sure what Unknowns problem is with you posting. Everyone has the right to improve and who knows, in time you may make the transition from recreational player to competitive player. Trust me, most people in the TT world are not as rude as Unknown

hey corbytoffee, thanks for the warm welcome. I already had the chance to taste the kindness of other members in a couble of other posts and in dome pvt messages. Yes, that's the intent, to slowly improve my technique and start getting competitive, the way is long but I have time and will power.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hey Der_Etche, I place my order the other day, thanks for your advices. The combo is on its way from US... I can't wait to put my hands on it. I went for the galaxy 896 + Dawei 2008 XP 2.0mm eventually. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey Der_Etche, I place my order the other day, thanks for your advices. The combo is on its way from US... I can't wait to put my hands on it. I went for the galaxy 896 + Dawei 2008 XP 2.0mm eventually. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Awesome setup. You got help from the right guy. That setup will be great for you and a great value as well. I have a few of those and they are better than many setups that cost much more.

Have fun with it.

Don't worry about not-so-unknown_SJ. His attitude may be off but I think he may just be trying to push you to realize that you are probably already more than just a recreational player and you are making steps to learn and improve that someone who is content to just play in the basement and not learn techniques that improve your level and game skills.

So, does he come off as rude? Yep. If you look at it the right way he is pretty funny. And he has a ton of great info if you can deal with that outrageous attitude.

And then there is Der_Echte's way of looking at things:

I THOUGHT I was a competitive player when I first began but was really just a recreational player trying to improve and get "There". We all start out like this.

Or, I will turn that UpSideDown: I personally believe I am a recreational player who plays at a decent level and plays like a competition level player. I am in this for the process and the fun. I would much prefer to do training drills and feel the improvement of my technique than play matches. And when I play matches I actually do it as a training drill: a lesson in random placement training.

So who knows? You could be a recreational player who enjoys playing and the process of improving even if you are moving in the direction of playing like a tournament level player.

Either way, have fun with your new weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeGo
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
By the way, how much stuff did you get from Cole and how much was shipping?

I used to buy a LOT of stuff from Cole until I got a TT equipment distributorship, but that doesn't mean that Cole isn't the best in USA (or world) distributor of inexpensive Chinese equipment. I have personally used almost every rubber or blade I ever recommended and Cole isn't in it to get rich, just help out players. Newer players generally tend to avoid paying much for equipment (so Colestt is great place to get equipped at first), but when they get good and comfy with TT, they become Equipment Junkies and Nexy got a lot of blades and clothing to try out, so it is all good. I recommend Cole every day of the week.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
By the way, how much stuff did you get from Cole and how much was shipping?

I used to buy a LOT of stuff from Cole until I got a TT equipment distributorship, but that doesn't mean that Cole isn't the best in USA (or world) distributor of inexpensive Chinese equipment. I have personally used almost every rubber or blade I ever recommended and Cole isn't in it to get rich, just help out players. Newer players generally tend to avoid paying much for equipment (so Colestt is great place to get equipped at first), but when they get good and comfy with TT, they become Equipment Junkies and Nexy got a lot of blades and clothing to try out, so it is all good. I recommend Cole every day of the week.

I just got the blade, the rubbers and a case which was $30 + 7$/ It went up to $55 with shipping from US to UK but with the currency exchange it's still a bargain. There is tt-store.eu here in Europe (Bulgary) that has Yinhe and similar for even slightly cheaper prices than Cole and others but most of the catalogue they have is out of stock so not of great use. Also, in all fairness, none of the resellers I got in touch with so far, have been any close to the kindness and courtesy to Cole, so kudos for him on that side too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Awesome setup. You got help from the right guy. That setup will be great for you and a great value as well. I have a few of those and they are better than many setups that cost much more.

Have fun with it.

Don't worry about not-so-unknown_SJ. His attitude may be off but I think he may just be trying to push you to realize that you are probably already more than just a recreational player and you are making steps to learn and improve that someone who is content to just play in the basement and not learn techniques that improve your level and game skills.

So, does he come off as rude? Yep. If you look at it the right way he is pretty funny. And he has a ton of great info if you can deal with that outrageous attitude.

And then there is Der_Echte's way of looking at things:

Or, I will turn that UpSideDown: I personally believe I am a recreational player who plays at a decent level and plays like a competition level player. I am in this for the process and the fun. I would much prefer to do training drills and feel the improvement of my technique than play matches. And when I play matches I actually do it as a training drill: a lesson in random placement training.

So who knows? You could be a recreational player who enjoys playing and the process of improving even if you are moving in the direction of playing like a tournament level player.

Either way, have fun with your new weapon.

I know, I know... that's why I tried to don't go full berserk on him in my reply :)

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I just got the blade, the rubbers and a case which was $30 + 7$/ It went up to $55 with shipping from US to UK but with the currency exchange it's still a bargain. There is tt-store.eu here in Europe (Bulgary) that has Yinhe and similar for even slightly cheaper prices than Cole and others but most of the catalogue they have is out of stock so not of great use. Also, in all fairness, none of the resellers I got in touch with so far, have been any close to the kindness and courtesy to Cole, so kudos for him on that side too.

You are NOT gunna find a more nicer guy luvin' TT, unless you look at some of the top posters here, and they are NOT in TT retail business. Cole is in it for the good of the game, not the glory. International shipping is a drag, but $25 USD for shipping is actually kinda average to low for that.

I have written numerous posts about teh very bat you chose, but with a used Fh rubber that is comfy. you will easily be able to grow a few levels using what you bought.

TTD member Carl has seen first hand what the OEM version does, since he bought a few of the very bat you bought in stock form. However, since I am a tinkering joker, I added weight low in the handle and made that blade a 10 GBP BEAST and had Carl personally try a few out... and of course he was impressed.

Later, when you get more experience and tryout more equipment, you will want to buy more stuff, that is the nature of the beast. Give your setup at a minimum 6 months and if you have new rubbers around, switch them out. if you play only once a week or so, those rubbers will be good for over a year if you clean them occasionally.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Even with international shipping, you paid a little over USD $50... that is exactly the average price of a modern rubber ONE sheet, not even 1/3 the total of a bat... and even Der_Echte could function close to his normal playing level using what you got 9if you got it in Max thickness)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Indeed, as I said, considering how strong the GBP is over the USD it still came out as a bargain so far, especially because the setup I choose it's not exactly the one usually available. For the thickness I decided to stay in the middle, it seeemed to be the most reasonable choice, I wish I could go max thickness but that would have been too much for me I suppose.
Based on what you say though I think they won't last that long for me though, I basically play everyday at the moment so :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Hehehehe, ok ok... I'll keep you guy posted by the way. As soon as I receive the equipment I'll try it out and possibly write a quick noob review.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Iforgot completely that HaggisV (his wife) runs a TT store in Australia (OOAK) that caries a lot of brands including Chinese stuff, but international shipping really makes it difficult to get just a couple things. Makes sense if you buy a lot though.

Rob from Affordable is another AU vendor, too bad you don't have someone like Cole in EU.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Iforgot completely that HaggisV (his wife) runs a TT store in Australia (OOAK) that caries a lot of brands including Chinese stuff, but international shipping really makes it difficult to get just a couple things. Makes sense if you buy a lot though.

Rob from Affordable is another AU vendor, too bad you don't have someone like Cole in EU.

There is tt-store.eu over here but as I said, the customer experience has not been that good so far.
I will definitely keep an eye on them though; their main problem is stock availability, most of the times affordable equipment is out of stock.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I don't think I said anything to offend you and if you feel that way I cannot help your misinterpretations. Regardless of eating bread (in the kitchen) , I felt if you cannot take the heat get out of the kitchen.

Also the claim that most table-tennis players are nice is blatantly fraudulent.
I do apologise then... I didn't know that in US loser was a compliment... anyway, *shrugs*

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Erm... did you eat bread and good manner this morning? I was just simply saying hi in the dedicated section of the forum nothing else. And yes, for the record, I consider myself a reacreational player because I play regularly everyday in the office, I don't play in any competition or such, still that doesn't mean I am not willing to improve my game and technique and I might seek advises in that regards, call me a hobbyist, an amateur or whatever you think it fits and if you don't mind something not offensive please becasue I'm sure you can be better than the ******, oops sorry I meant person, you just shown to be.

Bullseye! Nice Counteraction.

Anyway... Welcome to the forum. A great place to learn a thing or two or share your thaughts on one of the fastest sports in the world!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Thanks for the warm welcome Suga D. I'm really looking forward to it... cheers

Reactions: Suga D