Remove Glue from the Rubber..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
HI All,

By Mistake my coach glued my anti spin Amy control rubber wrongly. because of that rubber was showing bubbles.. SO I removed the rubber and it is messed up now. Glue is very sticky and i cant use the finger to remove it. any other way to remove the glue without harming to its performance . need ur suggestions. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

0.7,mm Amy Control Anti spin RUbber.

BR
Samee85

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I take it that it was water based glue used.

Often, it is tricky to remove certain water based glue with only fingers.

You could try rubbing some lighter fluid or lamp oil onto the sponge, allow it to sit there a minute or three, then it will be 100x easier to remove the water based glue residue.

Even rubber cement helps out immeasurably.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2014
I take it that it was water based glue used.

Often, it is tricky to remove certain water based glue with only fingers.

You could try rubbing some lighter fluid or lamp oil onto the sponge, allow it to sit there a minute or three, then it will be 100x easier to remove the water based glue residue.

Even rubber cement helps out immeasurably.

Thanks .. I used this below link glue.

http://www.teessport.com/table-tennis-glues-c7/butterfly-free-chack-table-tennis-glue-p2712

i will try which you suggested.. hopefully it will not effect to any performance of the rubber..

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
You lightly rub the stuff over the glue and start wiping within 1-2 min your sponge will be fine.

Stay away from the HCl and H2SO4 if you can...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Have you ever tried nail polish remover? It used to work really good on VOC glues. I don't know about wbg, though.....

This user has no status.
Have you ever tried nail polish remover? It used to work really good on VOC glues. I don't know about wbg, though.....

Works great on wbg.. But! Id be reaal careful using it on a sponge.

On a blade, its perfect. Cotton woll and nail polish remover takes care of the most glue and sponge on most blade.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Somebody used some really awful brown-ish glue on one of the kids bats, that took me forever to remove. It was very thick and hard. I could only use a credit card to cut through the layers of it in order to release the rubber. Removing it was also pain. It's very sticky and only lamp oil and benzin could remove and clean it. It's got to be some sort of table tennis glue somebody knows about though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Works great on wbg.. But! Id be reaal careful using it on a sponge.

On a blade, its perfect. Cotton woll and nail polish remover takes care of the most glue and sponge on most blade.

I would not want to use nail polish remover but that is just me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yea, me neather. Mayby on a hard sponge like the chinese ones.. But id be real careful..

Thanks a lot, guys.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I've only tried it once and it seemed to work fine, but you're absolutely right, one has to be real careful using it. I just poured a few drops on a tissue and rubbed it over the sponge, but that's like balancing on the edge of a razor... A little bit too much and the rubber is garbage.
I think next time i'll rather try lamp oil, like the real mentioned.

Thanks .. I used this below link glue.

i will try which you suggested.. hopefully it will not effect to any performance of the rubber..

Too much lamp oil is definitely gonna effect the sponge's softness. But some people like that. :)